Tell Me When Tracking Dire/Stampede Help

Hey guys. I've for the most part setup Tell Me When; however I am having trouble tracking spells that summon a creature with a timer. I basically want to add Stampede, and Dire Beast to my buffs section, showing me their exact duration that they are out.

TMW was recently updated, but I am still having a bit of trouble figuring out how to track a spell on use by time.

Any help would be much appreciated!

These are summoned creatures, and there's not a real good way to track how long they're out as it's not done by a spell / buff.

There has to be a way for TMW to track when the spell is cast, and enter in a manual duration for the spell. It's pretty advanced.

WeakAuras can do it, ChronoBars can do it, dunno bout TMW.

You can do it by using

Combat Event >
    Choose Spell(s)... Stampede
    Check Event > Casts > Spell Cast Success
    Timer to set on event" : 20
    Source Units: Player
    Tick "Timer running".

I have the same setup for Stampede, Roar of Sac, Skull Banner, etc. - the latter two with names of either target (Destination) or source target.

Edit: For anyone wanting a Raid-wide Skull Banner tracker with who cast it and the duration - Can of course copy/edit to use for Stormlash and the above too:
    ^1^T^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Scleu ^SShowTimerText^B ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SName^SSkull~`Banner ^SEnabled^B ^SSourceUnit^Sraid~`1-40;~`party~`1-4;~`player ^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STextLayout^STMW:textlayout:1IH2t9ij6Ejy ^STexts^T ^N2^S[Stacks:Hide(0)] ^N3^S[Source:Name] ^t^t^t^SCustomTex^S138127 ^SCLEUDur^N10 ^SDestUnit^Splayer ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_AURA_APPLIED^B ^SSPELL_CAST_SUCCESS^B ^t^t^N70090^S~`~| ^Sicon^^

^1 ^T^N1^T ^SSkinAs^SHotKey ^SStringName^SBinding/Label ^SAnchors^T ^N1^T ^Sy^N-2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^STOPLEFT ^SrelativePoint^STOPLEFT ^t^N2^T ^Sy^N-2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^STOPRIGHT ^SrelativePoint^STOPRIGHT ^t^Sn^N2 ^t^t^N2^T ^SAnchors^T ^N1^T ^Sy^N2 ^Sx^N-2 ^Spoint^SBOTTOMRIGHT ^SrelativePoint^SBOTTOMRIGHT ^t^t^SStringName^SStacks ^SSkinAs^SCount ^SDefaultText^S[Stacks:Hide(0)] ^t^N3^T ^SAnchors^T ^N1^T ^Sy^N-9 ^t^t^SStringName^SText ^t^SName^SIcon~`Layout~`-~`Lower~`Text ^Sn^N3 ^SGUID^STMW:textlayout:1IH2t9ij6Ejy ^t^N70090^S~`~| ^Stextlayout^STMW:textlayout:1IH2t9ij6Ejy ^^
    Looks like the 7.0 Update auto adds extra strings, so you should get my lower half of the icon text with it for the names.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-06-20 at 05:59 PM.

Timers for things like Stampede and Dire Beast will always be a pseudo-timer. You track the cast of the spell, then just simply count down the known duration of the spell, as explained above. The weakness of this method is that the spell you're tracking summons a creatur(s) which can die. If they died, the aura wouldn't know, and would just continue counting down.

Usually not a problem in PvE, last ttime it mattered was heroic elite Protectors in T14 as Kaolan's pulse would just gib DB. But it's something to consider for PvP, where people might try and target your Stampede pets.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Timers for things like Stampede and Dire Beast will always be a pseudo-timer. You track the cast of the spell, then just simply count down the known duration of the spell, as explained above. The weakness of this method is that the spell you're tracking summons a creatur(s) which can die. If they died, the aura wouldn't know, and would just continue counting down.

Usually not a problem in PvE, last ttime it mattered was heroic elite Protectors in T14 as Kaolan's pulse would just gib DB. But it's something to consider for PvP, where people might try and target your Stampede pets.
    I don't know much about end game content or how people want the game to work with numbers and statistics; but this problem could be easily solved by making summon spells a buff with a stack of how many creatures still exist in that summon cast.

Just an idea to make Hunters/(Others?) more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so you can add a text of source target for Stampede and Dire Beast? So the icons will say what target they are on? Could you share how to do this? That sounds awesome

Well Dire Beast/Stampede can change target so knowing what you initially casted it on would rarely be useful.

Like above - you can but to my knowledge wouldn't update and those pets hit what you do anyway? So not much point. So destination or source text is mostly useful for watching who casts Banner/Storm Lash (so I can yell at my slacky guildies!)
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-06-21 at 04:49 AM.