Deleted

An entire class of schoolgirls in Sweden were discovered to of underwent FGM type lll

Some 60 cases of genital mutilation have been discovered in Norrköping in eastern Sweden since March with all 30 girls in one school class found to have undergone the procedure.

Of the 30, some 28 of the girls were found to have been subjected to the most severe form of genital mutilation, when the clitoris and labia are completely cut away and the genital area sewn together except for a small opening.

The abuse was discovered by the school health services, according to a report by Norrköpings Tidningar. Additional resources have been provided by the local social services to help the girls.

Female genital mutilation has been illegal in Sweden since 1982 and can be punished with up to four years in prison. If the offence is considered to be aggravated then the penalty can be up to ten years.

Since 1999 it is also an offence under Swedish law if the procedure is performed in a different country.

When school breaks up for the summer holidays the risk of being exposed to the surgery increases for many Swedish girls due to the prospect of visits to their parents' home countries.

"We're working to inform parents that they could face prison if they come back and their children have undergone female genital mutilation," said Petra Blom Andersson, student health coordinator in Norrköping, to the newspaper.

Most girls who undergo the procedure are between the ages of 4-14 years, but the operation is also carried out on infants. Teenagers typically suffer a wide range of complications including period pains and headaches and for some it can be very painful to urinate.

There are no established figures detailing the extent of the female genital mutilation in Sweden, or of how many girls are brought to their parents' countries of origin to get it done.
    http://www.thelocal.se/20140620/swed...ally-mutilated
    http://rt.com/news/167368-genital-mu...-sweden-girls/

First thought is, holy shit, the most severe form and on such a scale?

Second is, where are the prosecutions, and the final thought is; Why?

Why would parents willingly make their daughters undergo FGM, let alone the most severe form...

I'm not certain of the group they belong to, but people are suggesting they're Somali.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Zaitsev View Post

Why would parents willingly make their daughters undergo FGM, let alone the most severe form...

I'm not certain of the group they belong to, but people are suggesting they're Somali.
    The world is a scary place. That's why this neckbeard stays in his basement.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-20 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    There is no way this thread will end well.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I dunno I would love to get Mooneye's perspective on this.

While I run away from it very fast.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Sadly, i kind of hope Gen-OT surprises me though.

I'm just astounded why the parents aren't being arrested for facilitating (Or carrying out) these acts, it's incredibly fucked up.

Perhaps it just needs time before the relevant authorities step in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    The world is a scary place. That's why this neckbeard stays in his basement.
    FYI i shaved my neckbeard yesterday, come at me bro.

Pretty much this

Deleted
    Let us summon the racists of MMO-Champ.

Abra kadabra whitepowerlabim

Find who is doing this and publically cut off his balls and dick with a rusty blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Zaitsev View Post

Because religion.

and I'm with Rich, this thread will end only in tears and sadness. And maybe be entertaining on the way there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Find who is doing this and publicly cut off his balls and dick with a rusty blade.
    I wouldn't rule out the perpetrator being female.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't anything good that can come of a thread like this.