Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

I choose to be fat

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/25/i_choose_to_be_fat/

U go gurl. don't let the bigots stop you from making wall-e into reality

Deleted
    For someone targeting bigots she sure does insult thin people a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she wants to stay fat, that's fine. She shouldn't expect others to react to her as if she were healthy though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

As a fat guy, she's a moron.

Fat people need to stop trying to act like they're fine; it's literally killing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post

Lose the weight and stop hiding the fact you think you're fine, it's literally killing you.
    She can live how she wants can't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post

Lose the weight and stop hiding the fact you think you're fine, it's literally killing you.
    Testosterone's making me lose my hair but you don't see me cutting off my balls.

People should just mind their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    She can live how she wants can't she?
    Yes, she can. But that doesn't make her any less stupid about doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm good for you girl, i think...

Also there's something that i want to point out fat =/ obese, is not bad to be fat but is not good to be obese cause is unhealthy (same with extremely thin people) but if she likes being as she is, is ok

this fat acceptance thing only seems to work for people who have been over weight their whole lives and see no reason to change things. it boggles my mind that people who are 23 think they will stay "healthy" for the rest of their lives when 10-20 years down the road is when it starts to take it toll.

Deleted
    I have no problem with fat people except for the ones making bullshit excuses as to why they cannot lose weight, if she wants to be fat good luck to her.

Deleted
    Survival of the fittest. Literally. She will die sooner because she's stupid.

That's really stupid, I used be about 122kg, 1 year ago, now I weigh 80kg and I haven't felt this good in years! The more I lost weight the better my mental and of course physical well being became, I can't see any reason to say fat. I guess she just can't face the reality, I had the same problem before I started to lose weight. Back then I said to myself: "I am like this, I don't need to change, this is who I am" and it went on for few years until one day I came face to face with the reality that I am obese and living a unhealthy life.

Deleted
    I respect lifestyle choices and all, but I can't see how someone would want to be fat.

Anyway, let people who want to be fat be fat, still won't stop people from laughing behind their (huge) backs about their condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Hmmm good for you girl, i think...

Also there's something that i want to point out fat =/ obese, is not bad to be fat but is not good to be obese cause is unhealthy (same with extremely thin people) but if she likes being as she is, is ok
    The author of the article is obese, and complaining about how people define her by her obesity, look at her funny in sideways glances, etc. If she wants to stay fat that's her business, though it's unhealthy and will likely eventually kill her, but she shouldn't expect others not to react to her obesity.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

On one hand, good for her, it is her choice, and if she's happier that way, so be it.

On the other hand, I couldn't read through all that to be honest, the site was loading awkwardly, but if she was getting annoyed with being insulted, why would you turn around and do the same back?

What a stupid article.

I guess, though, that's attributable to the intelligence of the writer.

Because really, if she's resorting to justifying, rationalizing, and blaming everything on something or someone else, she can't be that smart.

I mean, she probably could be way smarter; she's just made a habit of applying that to coming up with creative ways to deflect blame for her situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    That's really stupid, I used be about 122kg, 1 year ago, now I weigh 80kg and I haven't felt this good in years! The more I lost weight the better my mental and of course physical well being became, I can't see any reason to say fat. I guess she just can't face the reality, I had the same problem before I started to lose weight. Back then I said to myself: "I am like this, I don't need to change, this is who I am" and it went on for few years until one day I came face to face with the reality that I am obese and living a unhealthy life.
    Any loose skin?

There is nothing good about being overweight besides being able to eat whatever you want.

Obesity expresses sloth, laziness, and an unhealthy life style. If you actually CARE about yourself, you would TRY to be as healthy as possible. Health should be the most important thing in your life. If it isn't, then what is? Money? Would you sacrifice your leg for millions of dollars? That shows where priorities lie, and healthy people happen to be attracted to other healthy people that care about themselves.

Accepting mediocrity also displays your morals.

There is no reason not to try to lose weight. If you refuse, gluttony then takes over your life, and that is harmful and unattractive. It shows lack of willpower.

Testosterone's making me lose my hair but you don't see me cutting off my balls.

People should just mind their own business.
    That is hardly the same thing. All she would have to do is change how she eats to lose weight. There is nothing you can really do about testosterone levels without doctor influence or harmful mutilation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    If she wants to stay fat, that's fine. She shouldn't expect others to react to her as if she were healthy though.
    from what ive read in the article she didnt "choose" to be fat, she got fat because she fleed from her fathers cruelty by rewarding herself with eating to get a good feeling, i know this mechanism way to well.

Problem is, now the initial problem of her father is from what i assume gone but she is still fat and it doesnt looks like she is happy with it.

so the trigger of her being fat is gone but, again i know that from my own experiences, to lose this fat is pretty fucking hard and it looks like she just doesnt have enough motivation or courage and strenght to lose this fat on her own terms but to say in her position with the way how she acquired this fat that she is "happy" with it is bullshit and just an escape mechanism used to not face the hard road of losing weight.

She need to men(woman) up an face her problems or die pretending to be happy while letting others dictate her life right from birth.

she doesnt want to be happy, she want to blame someone else for her problems and for people like this it is most likely the bad bad society that doesnt accept her the way she is...but the fact is most people dont shame her if they tell her to lose weight but care for her, they just arent further enabling her in her escape from her real problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely awful. If you want to be fat then do it, don't ever dare try and persuade others that it's healthy or a good thing to be.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.