Deleted

Ground Effects - Ticking Damage

Hello forum-goers - I have a bit of a random question that, I must be honest, after 7 years of playing I still don't know the answer to. So I'll try here

Regarding ground effects like Overloaded Quadrants on Lei Shen, or Cinders on Megaera for example (or healing effects too, such as Healing Rain/Efflorescence), do their periodic effects tick globally, or per individual player?

To explain further: Assume an effect ticks every 2000ms. Player 1 steps into it after 300ms and Player 2 steps into it after 1800ms. Will they both take a tick at 2000ms, 4000ms, 6000ms, etc, or will player 1 take ticks at 300ms, 2300ms, 4300ms etc, while player 2 takes ticks at 1800ms, 3800ms, 5800ms, etc?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-06-21 at 03:27 PM.

I THINK they tick globally but I could be wrong, I've never really looked into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends what you mean.

They tick globally in the way that everyone get their tick at the same time, but they also tick individually based on the fact that it may crit on one person, while it at the same time don't on another person.

That said... I might remember my screen wrong when it comes to the first part. It's been a good while since I was in a raid.

Deleted
    I'm clearly more tired then I thought, I read the title as tickling damage.

I think that AoE abilities tick locally on individual players. For example, if I place down Death and Decay, it's not the D&D area that is dealing damage to the players inside, rather, that it's the debuff that applies to the players once they step inside the effect that deals damage over time.

The same goes I think for AoE heals, for example, Healing Rain applies a healing buff locally on the player which heals them per tick as if it were a normal over time heal.

That's just my theory anyway.
    You just lost The Game