Challenge mode sockets minimum?

I'm sure there isn't a specific number but does anyone have an estimate on what a decent baseline average would be for minimum sockets for Challenge Modes?

I'd imagine 10 or so is easy to get. 16 a bit harder and 21 is about max. I'm sure someone who does it more and has BiS can give you perfect numbers.

Theres no minimum, just get as many as you can while keeping your main stats on every item if you can.

In the end though.. it really doesn't matter. The bonus stats an item gets from a socket is minimal, an item loses a few stats to compensate for the socket added.

Our mage in timeless isle/boost gear with no enchants did fine. kept up with the other dps, beat them on most fights. depends on you and your class way more than your gear

My mage had 23 sockets + meta. not a BS

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aimis/advanced was the mage friend
    Last edited by Kaldaim; 2014-06-21 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Theres no minimum, just get as many as you can while keeping your main stats on every item if you can.

In the end though.. it really doesn't matter. The bonus stats an item gets from a socket is minimal, an item loses a few stats to compensate for the socket added.
    The stats an item loses from a socket are more than made up by the fact that gems aren't scaled down in challenge modes, while the rest of the stats on your gear are (except for hit/exp, obviously).

Indeed, gems are far from "minimal" when it comes to gearing for challenge modes. You're right that it's not too terribly important, but you're off on your assessment of the bonus stats being minimal.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware, max you can get depending on spec (weapon set) is 22-24, not including belt buckle, but you don't really need anywhere near that much to get gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaim View Post
    Our mage in timeless isle/boost gear with no enchants did fine
    The insta boost gear for some classes is awesome - great itemisation and really good stat budget. Didn't keep all the pieces for my druid but the neck piece at least had a better stat budget than any other piece at 468.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The stats an item loses from a socket are more than made up by the fact that gems aren't scaled down in challenge modes, while the rest of the stats on your gear are (except for hit/exp, obviously).
    The other stats are scaled down more to make up for that, so that's not the reason you want gems. The reason you want gems is that they are budgeted with only 80 main stat and 80 secondary stat, which is less than you get from a gem, and the socket bonus.