Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The difference between Crane Stance and Gladiator Stance is that a Warrior in Defensive Stance is still supposed to do ~75% of the damage of a normal DPS. They don't actually gain that much from Gladiator Stance, but they lose the ability to tank raid bosses (but can still tank adds).
    Nah, Gladiator won't be able to tank adds either (at least not better than any other DPS could). They lose almost everything needed to effectively tank--no stamina boost, no armor boost, no crit immunity, no parry immunity (the passive that grants all of that is disabled in Gladiator Stance), and no passive damage reduction or threat boost due to being unable to use Defensive Stance. Since Arms and Fury can still switch to Defensive Stance temporarily while Gladiator cannot, they'll actually probably be better for minor tanking than Gladiator will be.

Gladiator is basically a somewhat bulkier DPS and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Nah, Gladiator won't be able to tank adds either (at least not better than any other DPS could). They lose almost everything needed to effectively tank--no stamina boost, no armor boost, no crit immunity, no parry immunity (the passive that grants all of that is disabled in Gladiator Stance), and no passive damage reduction or threat boost due to being unable to use Defensive Stance. Since Arms and Fury can still switch to Defensive Stance temporarily while Gladiator cannot, they'll actually probably be better for minor tanking than Gladiator will be.

Gladiator is basically a somewhat bulkier DPS and nothing else.
    It still has Resolve and Shield Barrier, and a lot of boss adds are only 2 levels higher rather than 3 which negates a lot of the parry and crit problems. Whether or not it can fulfill that function remains to be seen, but the fact is that it's a totally different thing than SotSC and not even eligible for comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It still has Resolve and Shield Barrier, and a lot of boss adds are only 2 levels higher rather than 3 which negates a lot of the parry and crit problems. Whether or not it can fulfill that function remains to be seen, but the fact is that it's a totally different thing than SotSC and not even eligible for comparison.
    No, they wont be able to tank in Glad Stance, blizz has said it many time already.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCz View Post
    No, they wont be able to tank in Glad Stance, blizz has said it many time already.
    OK, so we got that covered for all the Warriors in this thread.

Now back on topic addressing the OP.

Remember that healing in Crane is more than just Eminence. If there is a heavy healing phase, but for less than 20s, you can use the baseline and talented heals you have access to without switching. Or if you are healing melee use RJW + CE and punch through it.

But say it is a 6min. fight that gets healing intensive for the last minute, and you are wiping to lack of heals in the last minute. We are balanced around having the Serpent Stance button, so using it is not a failure of viability of Crane stance. Being able to use Crane for the first 4.5min. or so speaks more volumes about its viability than having to switch for the last minute. Then maybe after a few more weeks you find you don't have to switch out any more.

I would say if we go through a whole tier of progression with no moments where Crane can be pressed, then we can tell Blizzard it is not Viable. Like an extra unused button that is just bloat. But my guess is that some people gauge viability based on whether it puts them at the top of some kind of leet or epeen scale. If that is you, then a button that decreases your healing by 50% and makes you only 50% of a dps is probably something you should avoid because your view of viability has nothing to do with downing bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    I would say if we go through a whole tier of progression with no moments where Crane can be pressed, then we can tell Blizzard it is not Viable. Like an extra unused button that is just bloat. But my guess is that some people gauge viability based on whether it puts them at the top of some kind of leet or epeen scale. If that is you, then a button that decreases your healing by 50% and makes you only 50% of a dps is probably something you should avoid because your view of viability has nothing to do with downing bosses.
    I don't think there has been a raid tier in the history of WoW that there would never be time to use Crane Stance. I'm sure some unimaginative people will say that they can't find a spot to use it, but in reality it is extremely unlikely that you won't have any time to squeeze some damage in.

The largest hurdle will definitely be getting people to willingly give up their "spot" on the HPS meter since that seems to be what WoW is all about for some people in the past 2 or 3 years for some reason. I foresee many threads in the future asking why someone would bother with Crane Stance if it lowers their HPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    OK, so we got that covered for all the Warriors in this thread.

Remember that healing in Crane is more than just Eminence. If there is a heavy healing phase, but for less than 20s, you can use the baseline and talented heals you have access to without switching. Or if you are healing melee use RJW + CE and punch through it.

SCK/RJW does not heal in crane

Deleted
    It doesn't heal, but i bet it deals a ton of dps --> alot of healing... Do we have some kind of dps cd in crane? And with CE in its current form we still could heal quite well when the raid is stacked up

Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    It doesn't heal, but i bet it deals a ton of dps --> alot of healing... Do we have some kind of dps cd in crane? And with CE in its current form we still could heal quite well when the raid is stacked up
    No dps cd other then xuen

and RJW/SCK only does a ton of dps if there is a lot of mobs, which will only happen in few fights.