10+ Year Old Account

So my GPU just died

As title says, my GTX 560Ti just died this week, so I need to get a new one...

I had my eyes on either this or this.

Which one do you guys say would be better? From what I see the R9 has 512bit memory BUS, but runs only at 5001 MHz memory frequency and 947 MHz gpu frequency, while the 770 has 256bit memory bus, but runs at 7010 MHz memory frequency and 1046 MHz gpu frequency... But alas I have no idea which is more important and which would be better xD

Or if you think there is something better than this for a similar price (around 380 euro/$520) it is welcome as a suggestion

I wanna be able to run most games on high/ultra settings in 1080p resolution for now, with 3d vision(or amd equivalent if there is any) soon(as soon as I can raise money for a 3d monitor that is) and a 2nd monitor(the one I currently have) for surfing the webs and stuff while playing... Also I would prefer the MSI brand over other brands but that isn't really an issue

if it matters I have the MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) Motherboard, an i5-2500k CPU overclocked to 4.2ghz with OC Genie, and 8gb DDR3, and a Corsair TX650 PSU... but these are also just temporary as I plan on changing them asap.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2014-06-21 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the two listed, I'd go for the R9 290. I don't know how the 3D works for either of them of the companies though.

3D monitor I'd get XL2420Z.

You can probably just OC that 2500k for a bit more and have it last a bit longer, no need to replace it yet with a higher OC imo.

A 770 and R9 290 are not in the same performance level. A 780 would be more comparable to a R9 290. So if those are your choices for around the same price I would go with the R9 290.

Deleted
    I wouldnt bother with 3D, it is just a gimmick. But if you are deadset on it, you are pretty much stuck with Nvidia I think. I know AMD has some sort of 3D as well, but at least Nvidia has the sets for it. That said, I think the monitor also has to support the Nvidia set. TBH, it is just to much of an hassle and I wouldnt bother with it (but that is my opinion).

That said, the 290 has the better performance. If you go with the 770, just get a 2 GB version or better save a bit more for a 780 (same performance as the 290).