Is it right time to reroll another healing class?

Hey all,

I have been playing priest as my main since 2007 and untill MOP I have always enjoyed my char. In BC priest has been the strongest healer without any doubt also shadow was very well. In WOTLK again priest was the strongest healer till ICC and in ICC healing was not a joy anyway since it was all about spamming. Cataclysm came in and surprise! Priest was again the most OP healing class. I dont say other classes were bad but to be honest priest must be a mandatory healing class since we are the only class with 2 specs designated for healing. If you nerf priest healing then it means you just dont want players to play priest.

Now we are in MOP and I hate playing my priest. Our dps is sucky. In shadow spec you are always considered as a class to be burden on your 10 men HC raiding groups. Our disc spec is shiny now but when it comes to fights like Malkorok or Thok heroic, people ask you to go holy or leave. As an ordinary raider I am not able to keep 2 great set of healing specs for heroic progression. But I hate to leave my spot for somebody else while doing progress. I realized that Blizz will do this torture to priests all the time. I believe both priest specs in healing must be reliable in any fight under any condition. But unfortunately it is not...

Let's consider druids , shammies, pallies.... Have you ever heard that one of those healers are asked to leave their spot for some other healing class since they are not really strong for that fight? Nope they are always considered as reliable. They are designed as usefull in every single fight in SOO or previous raids.. But priests... for this fight go holy, for another go disc.... I hate to be a bouncing ball between different specs.... Also this is an awful thing to be pushed as a dual spec healer and not having a dps spec... Cause when it comes to soloing thing, it is a torture as a healer. You always have to beg one of your friends to help you.

Do you think it is right time to reroll another healing class? I read the alpha updates on forums and it seems like our shadow will be better as well as holy... But I just feel like I need to reroll another healing class before new patch hits and I start crying again "Booo why priests why...."

I'd just save some time and uninstall WoW.

Thanks for wasting your time on posting... But you are not welcome on my thread... Go toxicate somebody else....
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd just save some time and uninstall WoW.

yea i would re-roll also if they asked me to sit out for 1 fight but man i would quit this imbalanced game if my guild told me to sit out for 2 encounters.

Why so much hate? obviously non of you play in a 10 men heroic raiding guild. In 25 men you dont care about the class mechanic cause it is face roll compared to 10 men raiding. If you have 4 great locks doing imba dps, you dont worry about one shadow priest doing less... If you have great healers keeping the raid alive, you dont worry about ur disc priest pull less then others.... But in 10 men raiding this is not the case. You have to bring people doing perfect for every single fight. That is why you have to ask people to leave their spot for some other. You ask your melee to sacrifice their spot for ranged in most fights. That is not only my case but that is a general case. However what I am saying is this is only for priests when it comes to healing. Nobody asks a holy pala or a resto druid to sit our for an encounter... I just dont understand why the class with most healing aspects are punished in raid encounters... Stop saying uninstall or leave the game...

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Why so much hate? obviously non of you play in a 10 men heroic raiding guild. In 25 men you dont care about the class mechanic cause it is face roll compared to 10 men raiding.
    This statement is hilarious to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah alpha before the balance pass and before any raid content tests is really reliable to gauge how your specs will perform
    Seriously OP, grow up. You're a HC raider, you must be able to decide these things for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    This statement is hilarious to me.
    I never heard in a 25 men raiding guild they ask their raiders to leave their spot, never ever.... And yeah you bring 15 good ppl with 10 nabs in 25 HC and guess what? u killed the boss....

Deleted
    I'm in a pretty casual 10 man heroic raiding guild. We are working on Siegecrafter at the moment with around 5 hours a week of raiding. Throughout all of the progression so far I've only played Discipline and things have been fine so far... :s

We do switch people out as the fight requires and I think this is pretty standard during the 10 man format and is simply something you should accept as being a requirement. However, if you play Discipline well then you shouldn't be getting switched out often if at all.

Not sure what you are getting at with lack of a DPS spec. If Discipline can get through rank 9 brawler's guild and can effectively solo random heroics you shouldn't be lacking damage for world content.

As for rerolling? If you aren't enjoying the class currently then by all means. Having fun is kind of the most important thing. If you are concerned about the incoming WoD changes then I would contemplate levelling a different healer just in case. Personally, I'm about to embark on levelling a shaman again as I'm not sold on the other healers at the moment and in WoD (even if Druids have the best tier set ever planned). However, as to actually rerolling then I feel a lot hinges on how the spec plays in the new expansion. If I can still have my lovely Atonement filler I'll stick with Discipline. Do you have any particular mechanics you really enjoy? Cause those are the things that would keep you playing a class, more so than raid spots in my opinion!
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-06-21 at 11:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your guild has to be crazy, I've never heard of a disc priest being sat for ANY boss, the dmg they can do while keeping heals up is ridiculous for progression on really any fight in 10 and 25.

Shadow has been fairly solid for the whole tier, we certainly aren't bad.. But we could use some work for certain things like orbs/single target, the WoD patch notes have been solid and they seem to be addressing some of the main issues a lot of people had with shadow.

But Disc right now is ridiculous and being asked to go holy for thok/malkorok your guild is doing it wrong.

As for soloing as disc they're once again, really really solid I don't see why you have any issues lol

Why so much hate? obviously non of you play in a 10 men heroic raiding guild. In 25 men you dont care about the class mechanic cause it is face roll compared to 10 men raiding.
    So you lead off with "why so much hate," and then go on to make wild assertions that 25s are faceroll and class mechanics don't matter. Do you see your hypocrisy there?

My two cents, it doesn't make much sense to respec from disc to holy for Malkorok and Thok in either 10s or 25s. Disc is good for Thok and the edge holy has on Malk doesn't justify wasting 2k gold and 10 minutes in Org regemming and reforging everything. Especially since you hopefully have that fight firmly on farm by now.

Now we are in MOP and I hate playing my priest. Our dps is sucky. In shadow spec you are always considered as a class to be burden on your 10 men HC raiding groups. Our disc spec is shiny now but when it comes to fights like Malkorok or Thok heroic, people ask you to go holy or leave. As an ordinary raider I am not able to keep 2 great set of healing specs for heroic progression. But I hate to leave my spot for somebody else while doing progress. I realized that Blizz will do this torture to priests all the time. I believe both priest specs in healing must be reliable in any fight under any condition. But unfortunately it is not...

Let's consider druids , shammies, pallies.... Have you ever heard that one of those healers are asked to leave their spot for some other healing class since they are not really strong for that fight? Nope they are always considered as reliable. They are designed as usefull in every single fight in SOO or previous raids.. But priests... for this fight go holy, for another go disc.... I hate to be a bouncing ball between different specs.... Also this is an awful thing to be pushed as a dual spec healer and not having a dps spec... Cause when it comes to soloing thing, it is a torture as a healer. You always have to beg one of your friends to help you.

Do you think it is right time to reroll another healing class? I read the alpha updates on forums and it seems like our shadow will be better as well as holy... But I just feel like I need to reroll another healing class before new patch hits and I start crying again "Booo why priests why...."
    All the random BS aside, let me point a few things out here -
    1: If people are asking you to go holy for Malk or Thok, they are out of their minds and have absolutely no clue about how healing works, OR, you suck severe amounts of something starting with A at playing disc. Pick one. Disc is by far the best spec for both those fights on progression, assuming you aren't stacking three of them in a raid.
    2: "Have you ever heard of forcing druids/paladins/shamans to sit out on fights"? Why yes, yes I have.
    There's always a "weaker" class. This tier, it's been mistweavers, and relatively speaking, holy paladins.
    Last tier it was Resto shamans who got the short end of the stick (too many heavily spread fights, too little output when actually stacked VS other healers). You only kept one around cos of mana-battery.
    Heck, you say the strongest healer in cata was priest, but it wasn't priests that made underhealing Ragnaros heroic doable, it was resto druids. Healers were fairly balanced back then, but priests were never "ahead".

In the end, if someone is forcing you to keep both a holy and a disc spec in the current state of the game, it means either you or they don't know enough about disc. There's zero fights you'd need to switch this tier.

Also, your comments about 25 man is blatantly false. Maybe you should try actually raiding 25 man at a "decent" level, and do 10 mans in alt runs like "real" raiders do.

@op, You sound like you are underperforming and thats why you are being benched, you dont need to go holy in malkorok unles you want to lol hymnpadd and how the hell you heal as holy in thok hc? so its either you or your leader.

Now we are in MOP and I hate playing my priest. Our dps is sucky. In shadow spec you are always considered as a class to be burden on your 10 men HC raiding groups. Our disc spec is shiny now but when it comes to fights like Malkorok or Thok heroic, people ask you to go holy or leave.
    Malkarok disc is pretty damn good but on this fight many heals are not counted as OH so most of that extra healing from all other classes is just overhealing so the numbers mean very little in the end, thok having a disc is pretty damn essential especially since we 4 heal it on 25 man every week, thok is a shammies best fight so I am usually just behind him by a extremely small margin. On 10 man I have 2 healed every fight as disc also to where there is no fight I would ever go holy even though I have a pretty damn good holy set around 575 in the bags I never use.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...aling&fight=41 here is our 25 man logs if you do want to check it out.

Shadow isn't the best spec yes but it will preform at a reasonable level and holy is only viable if your underhealing everyfight or most of its output gets put into overheals
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-06-21 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Malkarok disc is pretty damn good but on this fight many heals are not counted as OH so most of that extra healing from all other classes is just overhealing so the numbers mean very little in the end, thok having a disc is pretty damn essential especially since we 4 heal it on 25 man every week, thok is a shammies best fight so I am usually just behind him by a extremely small margin. On 10 man I have 2 healed every fight as disc also to where there is no fight I would ever go holy even though I have a pretty damn good holy set around 575 in the bags I never use.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...aling&fight=41 here is our 25 man logs if you do want to check it out.

Shadow isn't the best spec yes but it will preform at a reasonable level and holy is only viable if your underhealing everyfight or most of its output gets put into overheals
    Shamans shouldn't really be beating priests unless the stars align. It's true they CAN get higher if they're lucky/better geared etc, but disc is far more consistently high than shamans on thok =P. Out of the 100 best healers on thok, 13 are shamans and 87 are discs, despite a shaman being rank 1.

If you really are a HC raider and think you should reroll based on information very far from the final version of the expansion, then you should just uninstall

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    If you really are a HC raider and think you should reroll based on information very far from the final version of the expansion, then you should just uninstall
    Pmuch this lol, cant judge anything based on patch notes and you seem to be pretty off with how you think the class is currently because disc is absolutely unreal right now and shadow really isn't THAT bad.

Deleted
    Let me get this straight, you're complaining because Priests have the flexibility of having two healing speccs, with completely different strengths and weaknesses, that allows us to stay strong on different types of fights?

You're looking at this whole situation from such an awful perspective.

If you're a Resto Shaman, and you're on a fight with very little stacking, it hurts you. But Resto Shamans don't have the luxury of having a second healing specc, that would help them out in this situation.