Deleted

Removal of Holy Power for Rets?????

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster etc etc

Just wondering if i missed something from Blizz somewhere stating that they are going to remove HoPo for rets as the blue post updates indicate that our specials are not going to use HoPo. Could just be me being a plonker and misconstruing the blues, but if not whats the point in HoPo for rets?

Again, it could just be me that's gotten things totally wrong (and probably is....)

The patch note changes are just rewording from "generates a charge of holy power" to "generates 1 holy power".

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that he is talks about the removal of consumes 3 charges of Holy Power to cause part from the tooltip of both DS and TV.

If you mouseover the new tooltip it still shows that it requires 3 holy power,they just removed it from the text so ye,they aren't removing Holy Power.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    I think that he is talks about the removal of consumes 3 charges of Holy Power to cause part from the tooltip of both DS and TV.

If you mouseover the new tooltip it still shows that it requires 3 holy power,they just removed it from the text so ye,they aren't removing Holy Power.
    That was just a left-over from the days when you could use some holy power consumers with less than 3 holy power.

Deleted
    Ahhhhhh righteo. cheers peeps, thought it was just me

I wish they returned Ret to the way it was in Wrath lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're just doing a lot of clarification regarding the tool-tips as (still) some people were unaware of what they actually did. Holy Power is staying, which is a good thing. I think it fits the Paladin and it works to deliver great game-play opportunities. Boundless Conviction that was added in Mists was the icing on the cake, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Boundless Conviction that was added in Mists was the icing on the cake, to be honest.
    Off topic, but this is why I dislike Seraphim as a 5 Holy Power talent. I feel no ability (truly "no" ability) should ever be above 3 Holy Power, otherwise you're just defeating the purpose of going up to 5 in the first place (which is that you can hold up to 2 spare points).

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Off topic, but this is why I dislike Seraphim as a 5 Holy Power talent. I feel no ability (truly "no" ability) should ever be above 3 Holy Power, otherwise you're just defeating the purpose of going up to 5 in the first place (which is that you can hold up to 2 spare points).
    I felt like us having boundless conviction should have also paved the way for extra holy power from crit or multi-strike, so that our rotation isn't 100% of the time based on the same principle of getting 5 Holy power before spending. The biggest problem with the old Divine Purpose model was that max holy power was 3 (and that there was lag on the proc). Seems like that could be fixed in WoD due to the upgrades to server response and the fact that we can hold 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I agree. Inquisition was removed, and then they add Seraphim in its place which is:

1. A talent.
    2. Half the duration.
    3. Almost double the resource cost.

Illogical if you ask me. Inquisition being removed was my favourite change for Retribution this expansion, and now they add a talent similar to that. It's like my qualms with the Shaman talent tree all over again...