Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up So this is it? :) Last big patch had nothing for Shaman, guess they be like this for

release?

Ha, nice joke!

It's a joke right?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Beta hasn't even come out yet; there is still an absolutely incredible amount of tuning and changes to be made.

Don't worry!

From what I understand most of the recent patch notes that were posted were just tooltip cleanups.

Well the joke all the way up to Cata was that they were always nerfed. They're just going back to that. No biggie.

Yeah, let's guess that everything stays exactly like it is, right now - since alpha is close enough to the release version and stuff ... right?!

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I gather they do some classes at a time. No need in an Alpha to rush out changes for all classes in one patch. Because they are only doing Alpha for pure testing purposes. If they delay some classes that are done just to get all of them out at the same time they most likely miss more that need changes.

Healing is not in a state were you can take it serially on the ptr and will probably be 100% broken until at least raid testing begins.

It looks like for ele, the main change will be no more lightning bolt while moving, which matches their overall philosophy of casters needing to stay in place most of the time. Resto is losing some of their smart heals, which is again like the other classes. Still, it doesn't appear to be any big changes, which I think it okay. I like how my shaman plays, so I don't want major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    It looks like for ele, the main change will be no more lightning bolt while moving, which matches their overall philosophy of casters needing to stay in place most of the time. Resto is losing some of their smart heals, which is again like the other classes. Still, it doesn't appear to be any big changes, which I think it okay. I like how my shaman plays, so I don't want major changes.
    Blasphemy.

Every expansion, every class needs to be completely overhauled. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Well the joke all the way up to Cata was that they were always nerfed. They're just going back to that. No biggie.
    No, they're just widening the performance gap, so that skilled players can shine, rather than letting just anyone follow a "stack X stat, follow an addon for priority & win" strategy.

Who said this was the "last big patch" ?

What makes you think there won't be more changes, not just for Shamans but for all classes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    Who said this was the "last big patch" ?

What makes you think there won't be more changes, not just for Shamans but for all classes?
    I'm fairly sure it was a joke. Its pretty clear there are plenty of changes, for everyone not just for us, still in the works. As others have mentioned, its still Alpha, we haven't even begun beta yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Blasphemy.

Every expansion, every class needs to be completely overhauled. No exceptions.
    I'll have you know I'm still bitter with what they did to demo locks with the changes in MoP. But I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority there, so oh well.

Seriously though, beyond changes that could be fixed with numbers turning, what needs changed with shamans? I like how ele is, though some could argue it's too simple, but I don't think that's the case, and you can talent for more complicated rotations. Resto seems good, having a number of nice tools but not too overwhelming. Enhance does strange with all the short cooldowns it has to manage for its rotation, but I'm hoping having haste lower the cooldowns there will solve that problem.

They haven't mentioned any news about new ele mastery, i don't think it's a wrap for shaman (and all other classes).

Deleted
    Actually they should do something with the totems. We have only 1 totem, which we use in pve, searing totem... Totems are the core thing of being a shaman.

Maybe the idea which i read somewhere:
    Switch totems with the mop familiars. Each familiar give you something passive, as an example:
    fire familar: 5% crit dmg, earthfamiliar: 10% less damage taken, etc.

Then delete all totems and give some abilitys for the familars, maybe 4 abilitys for each familar.The shaman gets the spells, not the Familar, but you need to activate the right one, to use the spell. As an example: air familar: aoe stun, earthfamiliar: aoe roots, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc5190fb979a; 2014-06-28 at 11:24 AM.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do recall that we got non-trivial Fulmination pretty late in the beta. There is still hope, but I don't think shaman is in need of major changes at this point. I was hoping for possibly improvement to critical scaling for elemental but I could live without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What changes are you really looking for? Besides number tuning, and a bit better movement-while-dpsing for Elemental, there isn't much to be changed atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Obviously they still need to make changes for elem's mastery. Also curious if they are going to add a spell into the AoE rotation, since EQ is gone (but was only rarely used anyway).

think you should try to find some rogue changes lol. i always scroll down the changes and then im always disappointed, since theres nothing about rogues