Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. People over the age of 40 driving.
    2. Women driving in their custom made Leopard 2A7.
    3. Cops
    4. Slow drivers

I tend to road rage.
    You cared enough to post.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jersey had them for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Young women wearing sunglasses. In my personal experience, 98% of them cannot drive worth crap.

ALso, old people (70+) driving slow as molasses (10+ miles under speed limit). Unless you have something wrong, if you're driving that slow, you shouldnt be driving at all -_-

People who think yield signs aren't stop signs. In NJ at least when a pedestrian is present a yield sign is legally a stop sign;however drivers here don't stop at those signs let alone yields.

to your Number 1 about a yield sign. "indicates that each driver must prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another approach proceed. A driver who stops has yielded the right of way to another." That is Literally what it means :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My driving pet peeve is everyone else on the road.

People who get right on my ass when I'm already over the speed limit, like I'm not going fast enough for them. People who seem incapable of using their blinkers is another. OH and Jug Handles. They're normally not an issue, but NJ has a lot of them and seems to love making roads as complicated as possible by shoving them in wherever they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I love roundabouts, but Americans seem to have allot of trouble with them.
    They started installing roundabouts in my state about 10 years ago. I love them as well. I've *never* had to sit and wait at one for longer than about 5 seconds, and it's easy to keep momentum going no matter which way you're going. I suspect those who don't like them have just never been trained on how they are used and are not smart enough to figure it out for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    People who think yield signs aren't stop signs. In NJ at least when a pedestrian is present a yield sign is legally a stop sign;however drivers here don't stop at those signs let alone yields.
    A yield sign is *not* a stop sign. If it were, there would be no need for two different signs.

1. Bicyclists in the street. They usually don't have a choice so I can't fairly fault them but good god these people are worse than deer.
    2. People going under the speed limit. Come on folks. Driving is not hard. In fact, the more you do it better you should get at it. Unless you have warrants there is no excuse for such a piss-poor failure to complete the simple task of pressing a pedal to the floor with your foot until the number on the speedometer matches the number on the sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Rubbernecking.

If the accident is on the other side of the interstate, you have NO REASON to slow down and cause a traffic jam. Goddamn, nothing infuriates me more than being in a traffic jam due to an accident on the other side of the road. If its on our side, that's different. But on the other side, no. Maintain regular traffic speed and don't be an ass and slow down/take pictures.

2. Red lights at midnight through 4AM on empty streets. For godsake, I hate stopping on red lights when there's no reason to. No traffic except me? TOO BAD! SIT AND WASTE THREE MINUTES! It's about time we make these damn lights work on a traffic detecting sensor. I can understand stopping, as if it was a stop sign or a flashing red, but not for several minutes with no traffic.
    Putin khuliyo

My two biggest pet peeves. Waiting to turn right out of a parking lot with two exit lanes and the person in the left lane pulling up 6 inches from the highway to where I can't see around them, especially when they're in some tall assed suv. It cost them no effort nor decrease in visibility to stay back 6 feet and allow me to turn when there's a break in traffic coming from the left. When they cut my vision off, I have to wait for a break in traffic from both directions and them to move before I can go. It's self centered and inconsiderate.

My second biggest gripe is people driving in the left lane at the same speed as traffic in the right lane. Doesn't matter what the speed limit is, the signs say "slower traffic keep right." It's a passing lane. If you're not passing, get the fuck over to the right. Discipline in this regard is a big reason why Germany is able to have the Autobahn and much higher rates of speed with lower accident rates than the us. It should be common sense, but it seems there's a large segment of society that makes it their life's goal to impede the flow of traffic and piss as many people off as they can. For these sorts I have nothing to offer other than a swift kick in the ass.
    Last edited by dusselldorf; 2014-06-21 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadina View Post
    People who get right on my ass when I'm already over the speed limit, like I'm not going fast enough for them. People who seem incapable of using their blinkers is another. OH and Jug Handles. They're normally not an issue, but NJ has a lot of them and seems to love making roads as complicated as possible by shoving them in wherever they can.
    Oh god it's been so long since I left Nashua that I forgot these fucking things exist. Jughandles are the goddamned devil.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I love roundabouts, but Americans seem to have allot of trouble with them.
    That's because they don't exist in most places. I have seen one. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever driven down Route 17 coming from like, Mahwah heading south? There are two yield signs down near the exit for 80 that people just fly through doing 60 mph and don't even look. I've always had to swerve on my motorcycle to avoid being nailed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._in_New_Jersey

There's one 130 south just past 168/130 intersection and another on route 70.
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2014-06-21 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted

That's weird! I pass a through 4 roundabouts on my way to work, and it is only a 1.3mile journey! Still see people that do t know what to do on them though.

people who don't indicate is my biggest hate, I see it way too much for my liking.

and really old drivers, see a lot of cars going like 15mph under the speed limit, the. See some 80 yr old woman behind the wheel with her nose pressed against the windscreen because she can barely see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I would say 90% of those aren't full roundabouts. They are intersections on a curve.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except I would say 90% of those aren't full roundabouts. They are intersections on a curve.
    So basically you have not seen them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    So basically you have not seen them?
    I'm saying there is a difference between the roundabouts people are talking about and the traffic circles in Jersey. You can't just keep driving in a circle, you are forced to exit at a certain point. That's why on your list they are considered "Modified". People are complaining people don't know how to use roundabouts, and that's not what they are in Jersey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Idk about officers in other states, but here in Oregon, they won't typically give out tickets if you're going 5-10 mph over the speed limit. Not saying I haven't heard of someone getting a ticket going 4 mph over, but majority of the time that doesn't happen. Literally, I'll be driving 45 in a 40 and the dude behind me will be feet away from me. What's wrong with those people? Do they think by going 10+ mph over the speed limit that they'll get to their destination 30+ minutes quicker?
    A gain in 10mph results in having traveled an additional 5 miles in 30 minutes, so yes, it can make a difference

- - - Updated - - -

Technically a yield sign is a stop sign that youre allowed to go through without stopping if its safe. It means you are to yield to those in the rightaway (in this case pedestrians). Thats why its not a merge when youre getting on the highway. If youre entering the highway, you are to yield to those already on the highway, and not expect them to slow down and let you in. Thats what causes traffic jams

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by esach88 View Post
    to your Number 1 about a yield sign. "indicates that each driver must prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another approach proceed. A driver who stops has yielded the right of way to another." That is Literally what it means :P
    You may want to reread it..

1. A yield sign does NOT mean if you're driving down the highway that you're supposed to slow down to 45 MPH causing everyone behind you to slam on their brakes to let someone get on the highway from an entrance ramp.

IM saying the people on the ONRAMP are the ones who have to stop. and NOT the people on the highway. People who are already on the highway shouldnt be slowing down or be FORCED to slow down by some jackass forcing his way on to the highway from the onramp by squeezing in between cars at a less than highway speed because he is impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    They started installing roundabouts in my state about 10 years ago. I love them as well. I've *never* had to sit and wait at one for longer than about 5 seconds, and it's easy to keep momentum going no matter which way you're going. I suspect those who don't like them have just never been trained on how they are used and are not smart enough to figure it out for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

A yield sign is *not* a stop sign. If it were, there would be no need for two different signs.
    I see you... don't quite understand how NJ law works here, even though I explained.

When a pedestrian is present a yield sign is legally a stop sign, meaning you must treat the yield sign as a stop sign whenever there are pedestrians, and as a yield sign when there aren't any.

In function, yield signs when there are pedestrians are the same as stop signs. Did you just stop at the first line and not read any further?