Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sky Golems no longer profitable

The selling price of Sky Golems on my server has dipped below 12k, while the price of materials has remained about as normal. As an Alchemist, it would be about the same net profit to just sell my Living Steel. It certainly isn't worth crafting the mount any more.

Seems sad

How is it doing on your server?

10+ Year Old Account
    IF you can take advantage of botters dumping ore on the AH you can still make a profit on a Golem on my server, I think. Normal ore prices, not a chance. Also, provided you can actually get the thing sold. The risk/reward of it just means it's better to sell Living Steel though, imo. Might be worth it if you sit in trade offering to make it for anyone that wants it and make pets from anything you have beyond 30 Peculiars needed. But that's a lot of effort for little profit.

The price will go up in WoD. Just wait it out and you'll make good money again. They should settle around the price of motorcycle by then since very few will really be actively crafting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The price will go up in WoD. Just wait it out and you'll make good money again. They should settle around the price of motorcycle by then since very few will really be actively crafting it?
    I imagine the price of Trillium would skyrocket in WoD, given how rare it will be to find with no farmers (or bots) in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I imagine the price of Trillium would skyrocket in WoD, given how rare it will be to find with no farmers (or bots) in Pandaria.
    I would not hold my breath. If trillium really does appreciate like that you will get the farmers farming it anyway.

30x300g=9000g
    30x10x4=1200g

Roughly 2k profit a month if you didn't craft, farm, luck into mats along the way. Worth it? Perhaps, 2k profit is still profit.

But then again... there's also competition and AH fees... so... good luck!

The pets might be the better investment.

Never sold for much on my realm.
    I started making those energy source things the day that patch came out but as soon as I had the first Golem done the price was already so low at AH I didn't even bother selling it so I kept it for myself instead. Never made another one as the Rascalbots/Pierres sold for more per mats/energy source.
    I play on a pretty dead realm. Been waiting for connected realms since it was announced but still no news on it happening to my realm.

15+ Year Old Account
    tbh, the golems dropped in price really early on for it to be really profitable. I think I bought mine for like 16k? Quite a while ago too already

On my realm the price is dropping and rising time to time so it's still possible to make some gold on the mounts with flipping (its fluctuating between 10K and 14K), but I'm also pretty sure that the price will rise up in middle-ish WoD.

It's about in line with other daily cooldowns, 75-100g or so

Does seem like Sky Golem would be a bit more expensive in WoD than it is now though so you could hold onto them. Then again, they might remove the cooldown for Jard's, so it's risky. Don't think they will remove it though. Dreamcloth still has its 7 day cd.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-06-23 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it since you can transmute it from Ghost Iron.

It's not like Khorium where it is super rare and the only way to get it is mining.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Were they ever very profitable? I made a few when the asking price was still high but I couldn't ever get the damn things to move- I think they're still in cold storage somewhere along with a few Valentines Day and Easter mounts. I suppose on a smaller server maybe? Mine had tons of people looking to unload one.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    Were they ever very profitable? I made a few when the asking price was still high but I couldn't ever get the damn things to move- I think they're still in cold storage somewhere along with a few Valentines Day and Easter mounts. I suppose on a smaller server maybe? Mine had tons of people looking to unload one.
    Sold mine for 110k the first day they were available to make. Asking price for them on my server now is 6k

When first came out, i had 3 engineers.
    Made 3 Sky golem, sold them for 60k each, and havent bothered making them again.
    Might make 3 more just incase for WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to being an engineer. Selling items who's constituent mats would have sold for more.

It's just an extra kick in the teeth that they've decided to make engineers into Alchemy's bitch for MoP.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    They were never really that profitable after about a month after they appeared.
    It's like panthers or rockets or choppers. Might squeeze extra k or two but generally not worth the effort and risk. 5% AH cut also can nullify your profit pretty much.

If you were hell-bent on them at the start you could make a ton of gold. One player even took the effort of leveling engineering twice in same day to reset his cooldown, so he got the mount a day before the general public. It sold for 250k afaik. The subsequent ones started off at 80k and quickly dipped to 25-40k, and plummeted further from there.

Deleted
    Some people could sell them for insane amounts during the first few days. After that, the price steadily declined...which isn't surprising, since by now, probably everyone and their mother has one.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    With true combat benefits being gone, I'm wondering if they could/would allow Engineers to make useable attachments for the Sky Golem come WoD. Materials could be relatively difficult, though not impossible, to come by, and specific recipes would then allow things like skinning, mining, etc, to take place in the golem for a 2-hour period or something. Could make one that increased the grounded mount speed, as we'll be without flying for however long. Something like that would give people who don't already have the mount a reason to want one (demand), would give those engineers something more to profit from (supply), and is the sort of thing with enough longevity that they'd theoretically sell pretty well for the duration of the expansion. Win-win?

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    tbh, the golems dropped in price really early on for it to be really profitable. I think I bought mine for like 16k? Quite a while ago too already

Yep, this. I never have seen them as very profitable mounts. I'm glad, because I would be sad if people made them cost insane amounts.

I found the warbringer mount farm and the skyshard (alani) farm to be like 90% of all the trillium ore sources. And those mounts won't be going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.