10+ Year Old Account

Getting redirected to Webafan

As of a few days, I'm randomly being redirected to http://webafan.com/ while reading the main page or browsing the forum. I'm fairly sure it's not malware on my PC (I'm pretty cautious when clicking stuff I don't know, block pop-ups and have antivirus and antimalware programs running all the time).

From googling it I found this post on another forum:http://slickdeals.net/f/7014088-webafan-com-redirect

Also noticed, most reports/posts/comments about webafan i found are pretty recent (1-3 days old).

Has anyone else got the same thing?

Deleted
    it is a bad advertisement, like there are hundreds out there.

deal with it or get an adblocker. IMHO, this is the reason an adblocker is morally defensible, even for websites you support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    it is a bad advertisement, like there are hundreds out there.

deal with it or get an adblocker. IMHO, this is the reason an adblocker is morally defensible, even for websites you support.
    I was under the impression that MMO-C actively weeds out the bad adds. Maybe you're right and i should. The embedded video adds (which are pretty loud tbh) are obnoxious enough, but this is really too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    I was under the impression that MMO-C actively weeds out the bad adds. Maybe you're right and i should. The embedded video adds (which are pretty loud tbh) are obnoxious enough, but this is really too much.
    No, wherever it's coming from is supposed to do that, mmo-c just hosts whatever comes through. So every now and then it'll be injected and they'll be hosting bad things that'll most likely infect those that aren't using adblock, or something else.