Page 1 of 34
... LastLast
    Deleted

(Update) Item squish is reducing stats by 96%

UPDATE:

Ghostcrawler explained what's gonna happen. I'll leave these 2 slides for your interpretation now.

ORIGINAL

According to a SS taken at Blizzcon and the info taken from the live game, we can compare the different stats in this LFR weapon.

Doing some simple math, the 2 main stats and the 2 secondary stats get reduced by approximately 96% (weapon DPS too). We all knew numbers were getting out of control, but this seems a bit extreme. I seriously hope it doesn't affect our ability to solo content.

(Original size): http://i.imgur.com/soES5Ur.jpg
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2013-11-09 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added extra new info.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's retarded nothing else needs to be said.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome, nothing else needs to be said

I would be okay with numbers that would be of equivalent to Wotlk. That felt right for the high end. What we have now with MoP is just insanity math.

Deleted
    As much as I love old content, I welcome this change even if it does affect soloing.

Curious to see whether they "smoothed" the curve or just "flattened" everything though.

In other words, an ilvl 60 sword having almost the same stats it did before versus being squashed by the same 90+% that an ilvl 560 sword did.

Awesome. Hate those big numbers. Lose all sense of feeling towards the numbers when they become so mind numbingly big.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Someone is butthurt? Its a needed change, no point in arguing over it.

I think this is scaling to do older content, because these stats are simply impossible in WoW at level 90. Seriously, think about it... 61 STR at level 90... what will you have at level 20? -10 STR? This is not the squish (although it will happen).

10+ Year Old Account
    They said it's not going to affect soloing.
    I am all in for this change. The numbers were getting out of bounds. C'mon: 1 Million HP as a Tank without any buffs or consumables? That's just insane. I love that they are finally doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    One question though as this isn't to clear too me, is this for the 'real' item squish or for the reported down scaling in low level dungeons?

Deleted
    Except as we know, expertise is being removed, so the 2nd pic is most definitely not the final version

Deleted
    woot

can't wait to hear more about this tonight, i'm curious how its not going to fuck up lower levels, are we gonna start with 1 of every stat at level level 1 and get 1 stat per level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Needed change.

At least something good omg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    One question though as this isn't to clear too me, is this for the 'real' item squish or for the reported down scaling in low level dungeons?

its real, towlee (what ever hes called) posted a pic of his paladin from blizzcon with the item squish, he had about 45k health, so late wotlk numbers.

It's a rescaling. Not a reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    I would be okay with numbers that would be of equivalent to Wotlk. That felt right for the high end. What we have now with MoP is just insanity math.
    If that level of math is "insanity" to you then I fear greatly for the human race.

Deleted
    Nice, I like that, and yeah it won't affect our ability to solo content, I mean...Blizzard aren't THAT stupid, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    As much as I love old content, I welcome this change even if it does affect soloing.
    if blizzard does it right, it shouldn't be a problem. all the older content will just be scaled way down too so bosses like kael will do 96% less dsmage and less health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Nah this is more than awesome and one of the things they did right Cant wait for this to go live