Thread: New PC Build

New PC Build

Hey guys i'm looking to build a new PC for my dad.

All it will need to do is play Movies (HD), that he streams or downloads to his PC and do very basic web browsing.

Budget is £400 for now possible option for more though no real need i would think.

Put together a quick idea, http://imgur.com/g23UfwE

Will be including a GTX 660ti that is disused from my current PC, i know this is overkill but not to sure on the CPU's on board VGA so just going to recycle this one.
    + reused OS

And i am unsure of whether or not he wants an optical drive but i can sort that out later

Only thing i'm uncertain of is if the 660ti (MSI PE) will fit inside that case? any help appreciated

Also any other suggestions for saving money or better parts would be great.

Thanks

Deleted

the gtx 660TI should fit

never heard of that CPU before but it should be alright, its very cheap though... maybe get an i3 since you have some headroom for your budget anyways?

Well its not actually released yet this build is for a months time or so really, but there are some extremely promising reviews around especially once OC'd to 4Ghz or so, basically i3 peformance without the GPU which i dont need

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/pentiu...iew-32974.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to the build/upgrade subforum!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab