Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Defile. /thread

Deleted
    The safety dance. Seriously how hard was that? Yet most people failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Oh... my... god... I didn't know that, I always just kinda knew where to stand

anyway, tank swap mechanics. They are dreadfully boring. Like... come on. give me some adds to tank, or something. Get creative. the OT is literally the most boring thing in the game sometimes.
    Like the skeletons in bwd on nef?

Also fuck Dark Animus.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-07-17 at 08:20 AM.

well fuq....I didnt not know there was a cauldron above

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    Anything where the primary source of difficulty comes from stuff simply being hard to see. (Durumu/Putricde/Malygos)
    Nazgrim HM logic: "Let's make the Heroic Shockwave that one-shots raid members the same color as the floor and fire on the walls. Oh and let's make it an add fight where player AOE spell effects cover up the floor to boot."

Thok is still the worst design though. Doing in on HM now and I want to smash my head against a wall. Fucking bats.

Heroic Thok deafening screech plus bats plus his flea collar shock damage. Fking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Nazgrim HM logic: "Let's make the Heroic Shockwave that one-shots raid members the same color as the floor and fire on the walls. Oh and let's make it an add fight where player AOE spell effects cover up the floor to boot."
    Really? You can't see the aftershock?

Deafening screech is my worst nightmare. I almost wanted my guild to get stuck at spoils so I never had to face him again. Also anything that slows me or my cast time a crazy amount (yeh, I hate Malkorok adds).

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Really? You can't see the aftershock?
    On 25man, the floor is covered with spell effects. Including the 4 or so hunters we run, their Explosive Trap graphic has the SAME EXACT COLOR as the Heroic Shockwave AOE precursor. Nowadays I just assume it's going to be under my feet and run away.

Thok is also shitty, working on him now and the bats + screech + roar combo annihilates us. Stun rotations don't last long enough for us to burst them down.

'We need a hunter' Mechanics

Ie: Belts, engis, Blood Prince Council volleyball, ect ,ect

you know, those fun super repetitive not really adding anything to the fight but annoyance and some poor [usually] hunter standing in a corner while everyone else dps's

also vehicles, the idea is good, the actuality..not so much

Ambershaper in HoF and the suit mechanic >< It was random and that player could wipe the whole raid if they said they understood but were clueless. Just awful.

Three dimensional movement.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well fuck me.

The waves don't really seem to line up with the chains though. Aren't there four "zones"?
    So, I learned something new today...

Kind of sad that I main tanked this shit without even knowing about this ....

as a healer damage reflect is awful to deal with, vehicles fights are bad to start off but once people learn they seem fine... pls blizz just never give us a fight again like sha where its 20 minute attempts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The triforce strat wasn't even the way Blizzard intended people to deal with Geyser. That's why they got rid of it in 4.3. I just cannot fathom how they wanted a raid of 25 people to spread evenly in that tiny ass ice patch
    They didnt want to fit all 25 into the ice patch. They wanted the raid to rotate in and out of the ice patch so people had to trade off who was stacking debuffs.

All kinds of Interupts and mechanics that move your char .. being pulled and having to move .. oh well .. kinda sucks .. but goddamn lei shen about trying to kick us off his platform for a minimum of 30 seconds each time .. having to run against this stupid wind ... *narf

Linking or mind control

I don't like raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Three dimensional movement.
    Like Al'akir?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Like Al'akir?
    I hated that last phase.

The overload mechanic for the Quilen Guardians in mogu'shan vaults for a tank. It wasn't that hard to figure it out, but fucking hell, was it annoying. I never want to go through a similar boss again.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Like Al'akir?
    Was thinking Valithria Dreamwalker in ICC.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrinlove View Post
    'We need a hunter' Mechanics

Ie: Belts, engis, Blood Prince Council volleyball, ect ,ect

you know, those fun super repetitive not really adding anything to the fight but annoyance and some poor [usually] hunter standing in a corner while everyone else dps's.
    I didn't mind hunter specific mechanics on fights like Magmadar (tranq) or Razorgore (kiting adds) because it actually added usefulness to the class. Hell, even OTing Shazzrah felt useful.
    Orbs were easy to do with hunters because you could just set pets on them the entire fight, but I agree, it was rather boring and felt pretty useless.
    SC belts on heroic just plain piss me off more than anything else in the game. It's not even the intended mechanic for the fight, and I hate cheesing mechanics as workarounds.