Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not a big fan of "stop attacking" mechanics like Sinny or Nazgrim's Def Stance.

Dunno why people hate vehicles so much, some of my favourite fights are vehicles. Though the one on Amber Shaper was pretty crappy (to be fair I never learned the strat for that fight properly). I used to love the one on Putricide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As a raidleader, my most hated mechanics are the ones that forces me to set up and figure out groups every week. Sure, a lot of people will be the same, but then suddenly a key member of that group is sitting out for someone who can't fill his role, and a-shufflin' we go again. Examples:

Splitting the raid in 6 groups for elegon.
    Sorting out the stacking etc on protectors heroic (especially if someone fucked up and I had to reorganise on the fly).
    Garajal's spirit realm teams.
    Ji Kun nest groups.
    Lei shen platforms.
    Norushen groups.
    Belt groups.
    Garrosh first intermission teams.

Of course, we get to a point where we overgear it to such an extent that it no longer matters and I can just throw people in there, but for a few months even after progress is done, that shit's a nightmare.

any vehicles

any mechanics that is delay dependent - esp in 25man raids during progress you there are always lag spikes or just some .5 delay that takes your head off.

Dark Animus, annoying adds and best part you can't just kill them... also whole place is red, after spending an hour in there you just want to quit the game.

Deleted
    Wipecrafter.

Tankswaps. Most, if not all of them are completely boring. Tank A has a debuff, Tank B starts tanking, Tank A tabs out until debuff wears off. I also don't like environmental obstacles. Platforming isn't one of WoWs strong suits.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Tankswaps( atleast at the moment ) I really find it so uninspired to just have a boss slap something on the current tank that forces people to switch to avoid getting boned, I get it there has to be a use for the 2nd tank in a raid but there are other ways than just making the boss apply a stackable debuff or stackable dot that.
    Tankswaps are one of my favorites when they are like norushen/galakras/malkorok.
    Those let you choose how far to go, unlike sha of pride where 1 debuff = instant taunt.

Worst have to be links between raid members(paragons was actually a bit fun, dogs in MSV was as boring as it gets) and long rp(garrosh anyone?)

Also vehicles with multiple buttons, having to read the buttons when you enter to know which button is what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Linking/Chaining? No, that's essentially the tamer version of stack and spread. Chaining is just stack or spread for a few people. Raidwide stack or spread has EVEN MORE CHANCES that it will screw up (especially spread. How 25 mans spread perfectly is beyond me, so much easier in 10 man).

Spread is the worst. I'll soak lasers, play stop and go, kite mobs, play team handball with vashj, run in slow circles dodging lasers, find the one spot on the ground that isn't a void zone, and juggle DoT dispels HAPPILY before perfectly spreading 25 man. Yuck.
    So its easier to have 2 specific people in raid stack while the others spread than dropping a ground marker and shouting "stack on blue" on vent/ts?

If everybody is stacking, there is no chance for people to not notice that THEY have the link/whatever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Wipecrafter.
    How dare you? Most fun boss since... well, forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    You are not prepared..... to much talking is the worst mechanic!

Sauerfang jr. also talked way too much!

7+ Year Old Account
    Mind controls by far.

BBoY: " I think it would be cool if I proc'd and got to around 5 stacks before you get mind controlled so you can get out just a second too late to make use of it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vehicles were always really annoying.

I'd have to say Lich King's Defile. The amount of rage it caused
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

The "Do Nothing" Mechanic.

Basically your not suppose to do anything but wait because the fight tells you to, Sindragosa is the biggest culprit, but other bosses (General Nazgrim, that debuff on Spirit Kings, etc) have done it too, the mechanic isn't challenging its just boring and takes you out of the fight. The ONLY time it worked was Flame Wreath for Shade of Aran but that lasted 3 seconds and you could still do stuff just not move.

Trash Bosses

Bosses that have you killing a lot of (sometimes pointless) mobs during the encounter, before killing the actual boss or before it becomes active. Same goes for the kind where trash IS the encounter. Not the encounters that spawn 1 or 2 mobs or a ton of tiny mobs for AOE in addition to the boss. Also not counting council-like fights.

-Lady Vashj
    -Shade of Akama
    -Gothik the Harvester
    -Kel'thuzad
    -Razorscale
    -Thorim
    -Gunship
    -Dreamwalker
    -Warmaster Blackhorn
    -Spine of DW
    -Will of the Emperor
    -Galakras
    -Spoils of Pandaria

I might have forgotten some, but I didn't include anything from vanilla because I didn't play then - joined early BC. Absolutely HATED Hyjal trash.

EDIT:

I also hate "stop attacking" mechanics.
    Last edited by Zaithor; 2014-06-23 at 02:10 AM.

Any of the Paragons mechanics. They aren't hard, they are irritating.

edit: special mention to Vicious Assault, Injection & Ra-den's one shot mechanic... most retarded abilities designed to deal with as a Blood dk.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2014-06-23 at 02:16 AM.

Bloodletting, i still have nightmares of trying to bop the tank

Mechanics which force you to move constantly to avoid dying (Sha of Pride rifts).

Teron Gorefiend.

Now don't get me wrong, I was good at this boss. I was the player who could salvage a few screwups before me. Unfortunately, this boss always seemed to pick 'the new guy' who had never been a ghost before.

This is the only raid boss mechanic (as far as I'm aware) where there has been a practice simulator created : http://www.variuse.de/feroxtgs2/
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it when bosses or adds phase becoming untargetable. It erases my combo points, I can't even redirect them! >

One shot mechanics. That is, mechanics that are intended to instantly one-shot a raid member if they make a mistake.

I understand the reasoning and that skill should come into play, of course. But I'd prefer it to be "Taking avoidable damage leads to healer OOMs, leads to eventual wipes" rather than "Taking avoidable damage leads to your death." This is because inevitably, during the course of learning the fight, everyone will miss up on it a few times and insta-die with no way to prevent it.

I hated UN'sok with a passion. Mainly because I could not only interrupt properly, but juggle stacks between Un'sok and the monstrosity (which was the 10 man strat at the time), but 1 or 2 people in our raid couldn't, and Ambershaper MCed them Every. Single. Time.

I agree with Draco on the group things. We spend like 10 minutes each H-Garrosh kill trying to spread our reliable people out into 5 groups to get interrupts done. Carries in the group? Even worse. Baddie has the 4th malice where he's supposed to run with the immunity soak group but not with the raid to not spawn a 2nd Iron Star? GG, 10 minutes wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Teron Gorefiend.

Now don't get me wrong, I was good at this boss. I was the player who could salvage a few screwups before me. Unfortunately, this boss always seemed to pick 'the new guy' who had never been a ghost before.

This is the only raid boss mechanic (as far as I'm aware) where there has been a practice simulator created : http://www.variuse.de/feroxtgs2/
    I think any raid boss mechanic that randomly chooses its targets and forces them into roles they're not usually playing is a bad idea. Amber Shaper comes to mind in particular. Absolutely hated that boss because every single time you did it, it always seemed to be someone new who got the buff. Then you would spend ten to twenty wipes just making sure everyone learns it. Oh, and guess what? One week some random guy gets it who hasn't gotten it in 10 weeks and he suddenly forgot how to do it!