Low budget home PC build

Hello everyone, I am build a 500 budget home PC for my sister.
    The PC will be used for basic daily activities such as browsing internet, watching hd movies etc
    And some video gaming, but nothing fancy.
    Resolution will be 1080
    Will need keyboard, Mouse, monitor, and OS.

Here is a sample build from a post in the forums. However it's a bit much I think. It's just a start point.
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.49 OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($52.98 Newegg)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 1GB Video Card ($109.99 NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT H230 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 OutletPC)
    Total: $546.40
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-12 03:44 EDT-0400)

If its low budget with not a gaming emphasis why not consider an AMD A series cpu\apu, they have integrated GPU's and will bring your cost below 500. Its more than enough for daily use and lite gaming.

If you don't mind some rebates, it'll be ~$560 before rebates and ~$520 after rebates, but it has all the trimmings and a damn good(and semi-modular) PSU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor ($100.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-S1 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($36.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.92 @ Amazon)
    Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: BenQ GW2255 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($107.24 @ Amazon)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $514.04
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Thank you guys so much .
    Great information!

Extremely random question but will that above build be able to run Wildstar at 20-30 fps? Without the keyboard and monitor I can afford it and I was looking for a budget PC that could run wildstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazai4548 View Post
    Extremely random question but will that above build be able to run Wildstar at 20-30 fps? Without the keyboard and monitor I can afford it and I was looking for a budget PC that could run wildstar
    You would be better off making your own thread(if you don't already have one) and put the required information in it so we know what you do/don't need and can throw together a list for you. No need to clog up someone else thread
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.