Deleted

New to boomkin, need some pointers.

Heo, idk if there is any "fix my dps thread" in this part of the forums, didnt see any anyways...

I've gone boomkin as an alt and Im doing some HC SoO with it, im just not sure if im doing everything right and was wondering if anyone could have a look at my logs, armory etc.

eu .battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Pringlexz/advanced

think the only thing I can do to lower my hit is to gem crit - stam instead of crit - spirit but, dosnt rly matter.

www .warcraftlogs.com/reports/vQY9rL2wzhjd7mG1#fight=40&type=damage-done&source=2

New to the forum so cant rly post any links.

I usally open into solar and with HotW, just been testing NV.

I just feel that Im doing rly bad dmg and idk if it just my gear or if im the worst boomkin EU.

Thanks // Pringlezz

Your Nature's Grace uptime is bad, you have basically no professions, are wasting a lot of stats, don't have even 2 set. Your RNG on most fight seemed to vary from decent to bad so huge numbers are not expected. Just aim for fixing the issues with your gear and then getting your eclipse cycles short. Having high NG uptime is really important.

What alzu said plus:

You should aim for the 13k haste breakpoint (I forget exactly the number, I think its 13163)
    Herbalism is a sucky prof
    Swap ysera's gift for the self heal talent
    The tier pieces are good for us, get them

As for rotation, see this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-5-4-Edition
    section 12.0 has the ST dps rotation.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    You should aim for the 13k haste breakpoint (I forget exactly the number, I think its 13163)
    Swap ysera's gift for the self heal talent.
    You're thinking about the restoration haste break point. For moonkins it's 10289 for dots and 10296 for GCD.

Also switching YG most likely isn't the largest concern here, even though Renewal might be better on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    You're thinking about the restoration haste break point. For moonkins it's 10289 for dots and 10296 for GCD.

Also switching YG most likely isn't the largest concern here, even though Renewal might be better on some fights.
    Gah, the perils of dual speccing Yea, I meant that one. Yea i know YG isn't the biggest issue, but seen as we're giving advice anyway, I thought I may as well mention it.

After reaching this haste breakpoint (which you should be able to with your gear) you should dump the rest of your stats into crit > mastery. Following something like askmrrobot or using a dps sim will allow you to see a rough estimate of what numbers you want to put into both.

A couple of less technically oriented thing are that as a boomkin you have very limited movement dps, so you need to focus a lot more than other classes on predicting when to move, so that you can line up dot refreshes, starfall usages and starsurge procs with moving if possible. This will come with practise more than anything else, but it's something to be aware of.

The other thing is that you need to make sure you're not overwriting strong dots (ones you applied during a meta proc/trinket procs/talent usages) with weak ones. This can result in a lot of lost dps, especially at the beginning of a fight when all these procs happen at once.