10+ Year Old Account

NA vs EU vs China at Gamescom!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...2-at-gamescom/

Guild Wars 2 at gamescom

At this year’s gamescom in Cologne, Germany (August 13 – 17) we’ll be partnering up with our friends from Twitch.TV! Visit the Twitch.TV booth to play Guild Wars 2, chat with our developers, and participate in exciting activities.

We’re excited to announce that as part of our presence, we’ll be flying out players from all over the world to participate in the first-ever Guild Wars 2 International All-Stars Tournament! This is the first European event to pit top players from North America, Europe, and China against one another.

More information on our booth, the tournament, and other special community events we’ll be running will be released as we get closer to the event–we just wanted to give you a chance to start pulling your plans together.

We’ll see you at gamescom!
    Valar morghulis

Even though China just got the game I have a strong feeling one of their teams will win because they will find some bullshit class comp that is just completely broken. Much like they did at the first international in League where they did 1 top 3 mid 1 bottom bullshit. Not trying to be racist but they really need to just hold asian tournaments.

China is horribly behind skill/meta wise, my money's on EU.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

So China... show us how OP necromancers are... please do.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    China is horribly behind skill/meta wise, my money's on EU.
    except that there is a Chinese team that has over 490 wins and 2 losses. They literally have broken the meta and will destroy. You are also forgetting a lot of the chinese players playing on NA/EU servers can just go switch to the Chinese bracket.

Look i can beat pugs who don't play in teams and go 500-1, i'm so fucking awesome...

/sarcasm
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    So this will played out live on Twitch on 13-17 August?

10+ Year Old Account
    according to some anet devs china got a lot of overpowered stuff rolling really quickly.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Look i can beat pugs who don't play in teams and go 500-1, i'm so fucking awesome...

/sarcasm
    Going 500-1 even against pugs is almost impossible unless you absolutely break a comp which is what this team did. They ran 5 rifle warriors and killshot the same target for a one shot every time. They then use a hammer to just CC the rest of the targets until their killshots off CD and they can do it again. This kind of shit would not be played in NA or EU because lets be honest were not that much of assholes to play a team comp like that. We have some standard of enjoyment but the asian guys with pretty much any game they play try and find the most bullshit comp just so they can win. I am sick and tired of it. I am not being racist in the least I was in a guild that was half NA half SEA but the fact of the matter is the Asian guys are way to competitive and take it like its life or death and ruin the experience for the guys who play it competitively but don't take it like life or death.

Watch 5guys (or 3 or however many are needed), make guard use shelter/aegis
    => win

It should be terribly easy to screw up a bunch of Warriors trying to Killshot spike at once. It's got the biggest tell in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a...gamescom-2014/

ArenaNet at gamescom 2014

This year’s gamescom in Cologne, Germany, is just around the corner! From August 13-17, you can visit the Twitch.TV booth (Hall 9 A053g) to play Guild Wars 2, chat with our developers, and watch the Guild Wars 2 International All-Stars Tournament live!

If you’re attending gamescom, keep an eye on social media or visit us at the Twitch.TV booth in order to win charr plushies, t-shirts, and Guild Wars 2 Collector’s Editions!

Not at gamescom? That’s okay! We’ll be streaming the All-Stars Tournament matches live, and you can follow us on Twitter for a chance to win in-game items. Visit our All-Stars Tournament event page to read up on the stream times for tournament matches.

We’ll see you on the show floor!
    Valar morghulis

Well it looks like I should sign up for twitter. I really want to try and get some twitter in-game goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    Well it looks like I should sign up for twitter. I really want to try and get some twitter in-game goodies!
    Social media engagement is such an important meeeeeettttrrrrrriiiiiiicccccccc!!!!!!! : P

OT: Totally expecting China to crush, with NA to finish second and EU third (if they're doing placings like that).

Edge, you're a bit of a dreamer

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord Helseth recaps Gamescom, talks about the Mistpedia + TCG separation and the Tournament of Glory announcement.

http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/c/4949913
    Valar morghulis