Tanking HC Garrosh

Hey Guys

I usually play a resto druid in a guild progressing on 10m Garrosh HC. Atm we are limited in our raidnights, as one of our main tanks dont have that much time to raid. We have a spare healer so I might have to come tank it on my Bm Monk the nights where the tank cant show up.

Any advices on tanking it? I am only around ilvl 564 on it, so my main focus would be on surviving instead of doing a lot of dmg.
    Should I go full mastery instead of crit?
    Any specific tips to the encounter as Bm?

Hoping for some input

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if this is part of your interests in hearing, but I will say it regardless.
    You should bring as few healers and tanks as possible.
    In 25 man Heroic, we bring 4 healers, and 2 tanks. One is a Brewmaster Monk who taunts for vengeance in the first two phases then kites the adds and handles the iron stars after that.

This theoretically can be done near naked, provided you can survive the incidental damage, so stats and gear are irrelevant for this position.
    Unless you have two monks, and the other is kiting?

Not sure what situation you are in currently.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Thanks a lot for the response. Everything is part of my interest in hearing

The other tank is a warrior, and he would probably do most of the tanking. I figured I would mostly be there for the kiting and ironstar. So crit would probably be better to stack, being that I need to much out as much dmg as possible when not tanking as well. I am just not sure how hard he hits, and if there would be any reason to stack some mastery at my ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not sure about the item level concern.
    Our Monk tank is appropriately geared, but it is his off spec. We he does taunt for vengeance he does some times get hit quite hard because he doesn't designate resources to shuffle or guard for this small window of incoming damage.

Its likely best you just try it and see. Otherwise, 1 tank can handle the boss alone the entire time. So at the very least, you can just afk until you are on duty for kiting.
    But yes, I would recommend full damage. Nothing else seems like it would help the raid.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Well, not sure about the item level concern.
    Our Monk tank is appropriately geared, but it is his off spec. We he does taunt for vengeance he does some times get hit quite hard because he doesn't designate resources to shuffle or guard for this small window of incoming damage.

Its likely best you just try it and see. Otherwise, 1 tank can handle the boss alone the entire time. So at the very least, you can just afk until you are on duty for kiting.
    But yes, I would recommend full damage. Nothing else seems like it would help the raid.
    What the hell is he doing then? Gaurd sure, but shuffle is maintained by doing the optimal max dps rotation.

On 10m you are better off letting your warrior 1 tank the fight. 2 tanks doesn't make the fight mechanics much much easier at all on 10m, and makes the dps timer much tighter.

How is the explosion in p3 dealt with if 1-tanking? Doesn't it end up oneshotting everyone?

7+ Year Old Account
    In 25man, we 3-heal and solo tank garrosh, with a BrM Monk kiting/dealing with iron star. For the explosion in P3, we stack and drop a raid CD to cover the damage.
    Brewmasters are fantastic for kiting those adds, because Dizzying Haze plus incredible mobility.

Or you could just kill adds.... We get 1 empowered whirl total and each person just taunts/cc/kill an add each. No need for kiting tank. Then again we fully 2 tank the fight, and the second tank isn't even kiting the Iron Star in last phase. I guess we are just weird.
    Last edited by rohendar; 2014-06-25 at 09:57 AM.