Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I still don't get why Symbiosis is gone. Symbiosis is awesome.
    The concept is cool and fun but it was way too convoluted of a spell.

If you have to tab out of the game to look up who gets what and what exactly it does for a spell, that spell is kinda bad design. It was bad enough it gave a different ability based on class and spec, but then the fact that the spell it gave didn't even match the version the class you borrowed it from had...

But yeah, just way too complicated.

It's too bad, because it's fun, but I don't know how they could have done it better to keep the concept while overcoming that issue.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post

I'm sure the Eye of Kilrogg isn't really adding anything to the Warlock's arsenal and takes up much needed space in the spellbook but Warlock's everywhere would be sad to see it go. As a flavor spell with limited applications in PvP or PvE it is best suited as a glyph like Monk's Zen Flight or Deathknight's Corpse Explosion. Yes not every spell i listed is really worth keeping (Warrior's "Throw" for example heh) but out of that list a few of you agreed you would like to keep some around.
    This comes up a lot, but Eye of Kilrogg is not in anyway bloat, blizzard stated this numerous times. Abilities you don't need to key bind because they have no real combat effect are fine and don't need removing.

Most of what they removed are superfluous damaging abilities that don't add much to a classes toolkit, extra damage cds that cause tuning and balance issues, CC's removed for pvp disarmament, and healing abilities that have too much power by their simple nature or hybrid heals that detract from the healer's role.

The visual effects can be kept as glyphs but most of this stuff was removed for a reason, not just cause.

Minor glyphs for removed spells (Or adding spells at all) should only be for out-of-combat spells (Like hunters "fetch" or shaman's lost "Water breathing"), nothing rotational should become a glyph EVER (Major or minor), i think minor glyphs can be a good way to add or keep the novelty/vanity spells that add flavour to a class, and if you don't want them, you don't have to glyph for them. :3

Deleted
    Isn't all disarms like Dismantle also removed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The concept is cool and fun but it was way too convoluted of a spell.

If you have to tab out of the game to look up who gets what and what exactly it does for a spell, that spell is kinda bad design. It was bad enough it gave a different ability based on class and spec, but then the fact that the spell it gave didn't even match the version the class you borrowed it from had...

But yeah, just way too complicated.

It's too bad, because it's fun, but I don't know how they could have done it better to keep the concept while overcoming that issue.
    Yeah, the concept is cool but in practice it was just bad.

Especially the moment they decided "tanks get tanking cooldowns from Symbiosis but everyone else gets niche spells". 99% of the time, I cast it on the other tank without having to even think about it. Not very much fun.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Glyphs should be optional, and not something that is a clear increase in your performance over other glyphs because then they become mandatory.
    I agree for the most part. If I could make a suggestion to blizzard about glyphs, it would be to massively increase the number of 'for funsies' glyphs. Some classes have such neat lil glyphs, like mages with the illusion and crittermorph and such, but then some classes don't really have any. Hunters can shoot a firework, wooooo.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    I would gladly take a glyph of ghostly strike, I loved that ability.

I see y'all complaining about totemic recall being removed but you realize that totems no longer cause threat to enemies so they won't need to be recalled for the sake of "oh shit totems pulled" is not possible anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Shouldn't even be removed - I don't understand the logic to remove spell, just so players need to make a macro for it.
    Why would you need a macro for it? The totems dont aggro in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Just to... you know... remove them?

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Shaman are very environmentally conscious, they like to clean up after themselves. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? Just think about the implications please. Why the hell would they do this? They will rebalance all the stuff for the absence of these abilities, they cannot add them back in any shape or form if they want to keep the balance. (of course some non-combat abilities could work like that but the rest couldn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If all you had for memories of WC3 were a few abilities in WoW I'd have to question whether you actually played WC3 in the first place.
    Not sure why that comment is relevant at all.

Also I think this is a good opportunity to review talent trees again. Maybe things like Earthquake belong in the game as a talent? Maybe Sentry as a Glyph? Shamans IMO have pretty weak talents in comparison to other classes so why not use the opportunity to have people who want more buttons spec into it but also put it alongside a passive incase you prefer less.

I always looked at the new talent setup as a great way to either simplify or expand your ability set. I get some abilities are just baked into each other now, which is fine, but you can't tell me there isn't a few weak links in your talent tree that would make a good hem for some of these lost buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sayewonn View Post
    I would gladly take a glyph of ghostly strike, I loved that ability.
    Yea I would like to see more customization of abilities over new ones. Make A glyph to turn hemo into ghostly or something.