Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Playing better will always be a better DPS increase than using optimal stat priorities or optimal talents. Even getting lucky (people with ~35% RPPM uptimes that effectively give them 3-4k more Agi than someone in equal gear) is a bigger DPS increase than using the correct stats. A 2% DPS increase will never affect your "ranking", and probably won't even be noticeable unless you do a statistical analysis averaging your DPS across the same fight for many weeks without changing gear.

If that's true and we've always known that, why do we harp on using correct stats and talents so much? The answer is simple: it takes absolutely no effort to change some numbers in ReforgeLite and press Calculate. Similarly, pressing Xuen every 3 minutes is not at all difficult. You don't have to play better to take advantage of these things, you just have to know something. There is no reason not to have the correct setup. It's a lot harder to get someone to play better than it is to tell them to press one button and they'll magically do more DPS.

Reforging and stat priorities are just the newer version of the old talent trees, there's a correct answer and if you're not doing that then it's wrong because there's a better way than whatever you're doing. I don't know what you're talking about that mastery is undervalued or something, it's the worst stat. How much worse it is than Crit or Haste doesn't matter unless you're under some kind of delusion that you shouldn't take a 10+ ilvl upgrade just because it has mastery on it instead of another stat, but I don't think anyone actually does that. What does it matter if you'd only gain 0.0001% DPS by reforging all of your mastery to crit? You still should because it's incredibly easy and costs virtually nothing.

There is a correct answer, but there's no guarantee that you have it. The movement in this game is too difficult to quantify.

Either way, I never meant to imply mastery was a lot better. Only that his stat priorities aren't going to make much difference at all. The reason I bring it up is that, reading what you say, it makes it sound like he should just do this and his dps will magically increase. Probably true, but that leaves no incentive for him to actually improve. So the point in all this should be that, instead of answering his question with advice that will offer marginal improvements at best, it might be better to tell him to...for lack of better words, get better.

If you just want to tell everyone to play better then fine, go post in every single thread where someone asks for help "just play better", I'm sure that will be very helpful and be exactly what they're looking for. Why don't you also go to the guide thread and show everyone your work that disproves stat priorities that we've had guaranteed proof of for almost a year now, that would probably be more helpful than trying to say that the only discussion on a forum should be telling people to play better since stats don't affect DPS to your satisfaction.

Xaru I noticed you made a post in the Brewmaster thread at the top asking for advice and you linking everyone to that Monk.

If so, going by your logs on warcraftlogs and WoL, you have zero room to say that you are a top DPSing WW :P
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2014-07-02 at 04:34 PM. Reason: removed the name.