Ideas for Improving Holy Paladins

No. Not for a couple years now, since holy power.

So what would make it fun?

Get rid of holy power.
    Nerf aoe healing and buff single target healing.
    Remove the cleanse cooldown.
    Put shockadin somewhere in the ballpark of viability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Holy Pally healing in the beginning of Cata was amazing. Now it feels boring for some reason and I can't play it anymore. Holy power is the only thing that makes it semi interesting, and it isn't going to be removed any time soon. Why would you just want to use only holy light and flash of light again?

I don't mind Holy Power, but I don't like that it's mostly worthless. Holy Cone (whatever it's called) heals for jack and Eternal Flame is a must take (which is fine). What bugs me is the cast times put on those two spells. I PVP heal as Holy and maybe it's just my mind set due to the current way PVP healing plays, but no instant cast EF is just rough. Like really really rough.

I think the thing that makes Holy Pallys not fun is the mass amount of AoE healing you have to do in raids. Couple that with the fact that our AoE healing is garbage (maybe it's not, but my experience has shown me that it is) and it's just not fun. Also if they take the CD off Cleanse they'll have to go back to the 'burn your mana bar cleansing everyone every half a second' raid model. AoE healing sucks, but that cleanse spam is worse. Of course these are just my feelings as a PVP Holy Paladin who does LFR/LFG also as heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played alot of pvp these days to reach my 1800 rating in rbg and i must say, holy pala sucks atm. Not entirely because of mechanics, it's simply boring as hell. I love disc priest and shaman healing alot, but i must force myself to spec into holy.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    No. Not for a couple years now, since holy power.

So what would make it fun?

Get rid of holy power.
    Nerf aoe healing and buff single target healing.
    Remove the cleanse cooldown.
    Put shockadin somewhere in the ballpark of viability.
    Yes it is fun

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Could easily top every fight as Hpala in icc just by spamming flash of light without ever dropping below 50% mana..

so.much.fun....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Holy Power in general is a good mechanic. I just hate that they are forcing us to only generate it via Holy Radiance and Holy Shock. They should really make FoL and the new HL generate HP regardless of who you heal with it.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    I thought Holy Pally healing in the beginning of Cata was amazing. Now it feels boring for some reason and I can't play it anymore. Holy power is the only thing that makes it semi interesting, and it isn't going to be removed any time soon. Why would you just want to use only holy light and flash of light again?
    +10000 I loved my hpally in early cata and when I quit before DS and came back in 5.4 I just couldn't play it any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing my Holy Paladin and I absolutely love it lately. I feel so much stronger on it than my Restoration Shaman in PvP, and it's quite useful having so much crowd control at your disposal. The only thing I dislike about Holy Paladin's is the AoE healing feels EXTREMELY lackluster and it should be improved, other than that I think it's a great spec.

Paladins as a whole need a little more spec differentiation too, at least Retribution and Holy because they share a lot of utility. Why take a Ret over a Hpal?

Perhaps people will disagree, but I really dislike some of the changes throughout MoP. Holy power isn't bad, but I don't like the eternal flame playstyle of wanting to generate as much holy power as possible to blanket the raid with it. I really liked the original sacred shield play style, of letting you get the tank more of a shield, but the whole three charges thing is not something I find fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    Perhaps people will disagree, but I really dislike some of the changes throughout MoP. Holy power isn't bad, but I don't like the eternal flame playstyle of wanting to generate as much holy power as possible to blanket the raid with it. I really liked the original sacred shield play style, of letting you get the tank more of a shield, but the whole three charges thing is not something I find fun.
    I'd enjoy Eternal Flame a lot more if it didn't replace Word of Glory, or have an instant heal tied to it. I do miss the days of Sacred Shield, too, back when it actually absorbed for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    I find it a bit more diverse than the Dragonsoul holy paladin (spam holy radiance for the HoT to win)

Blanketing was bigger in ToT when mastery was proccing from EF ticks. HUGE impact on fights like Iron Qon. Right now EF blanketing isn't as great, although its still useful it's probably more effective to use LoD.

I didnt want holy power either, but once you get used to it holy power can be entertaining.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."