Building a computer - Low budget

I'm relatively new to building computers and I have a few friends who can do it well. But my question to you guys is how much am I expecting to pay to build a desktop that can play WoW on Ultra or even High settings. Prefer Ultra since ever since I got my laptop I've only ever played wow on Low settings and I figure its time to change that.

So my question is how much money am I looking at spending in order to run WoW on ultra? The only games I play are WoW and League of Legends don't really have a desire to play anything else at the moment.

Deleted
    • Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

going to assume you need everything if you are moving from laptop to stationary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo0909 View Post
    I'm relatively new to building computers and I have a few friends who can do it well. But my question to you guys is how much am I expecting to pay to build a desktop that can play WoW on Ultra or even High settings. Prefer Ultra since ever since I got my laptop I've only ever played wow on Low settings and I figure its time to change that.

So my question is how much money am I looking at spending in order to run WoW on ultra? The only games I play are WoW and League of Legends don't really have a desire to play anything else at the moment.
    WoW on Ultra at what framerate? I just got myself and my wife customized Alienware X51's (yes, I know I could have built them cheaper, but I get zero-interest financing on them, and I'm willing to spend $300 to get them now instead of 6 months from now.)

I get ~140 FPS on Ultra 5-mans, 80+in raids except for Elegon, which drops me to ~40.

I have an i5 3.2 GHZ and a 760TI in this tower. I'm not too sure what would speed it up any for little cash, as WoW seems fairly processor locked.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Budget - I'm hoping for around 600-800$ but if I have to go more I'll just wait 2-3 more months and save some more
    Resolution - Friend is going to give me his old monitor which is a 21"
    Games / Settings Desired - World of Warcraft to be able to run on High -> Ultra
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - I Don't do anything like this
    Country - Canada
    Parts that can be reused - I have no parts at all just a laptop I bought from best buy. It's a ASUS S56C
    Do you need an OS? - Yes I do
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - No I will be okay on all of these friend is going to give me his old stuff free of cost

Deleted
    You don't really have many options as parts up there are more expensive:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($143.95 @ Vuugo)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($86.00 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($83.78 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.97 @ DirectCanada)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($204.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($47.95 @ Vuugo)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 400W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Memory Express)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($17.82 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($105.84 @ DirectCanada)
    Total: $800.29
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

- - - Updated - - -

In case you are wondering. This setup will let you play ultra, quest-5man-10mans with shadow's/sunsafts low. 25hc wont happen on ultra. You will need to go for an i5k/Z97 mobo and overclock that will need another 200-250$ and maybe a little better gpu/higher psu for another 100-150. So i'd say somewhere 1100-1200$ or so.

Thanks alot Kostattoo that helps me a whole bunch!