Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Wildstar made me feel home sick.

I played Wildstar for a little, and just felt really out of place to be honest, despite it being a great game.

I haven't played World Of Warcraft since Siege Of Ogrimmar first came out.

It's a been a while, i don't really see anything else new lately, but maybe i could level an alt, do pvp, go for achievements, try to get heirlooms in SoO? idk, convince me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Could also be you're afraid to let go. Give something else a chance first
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Ya.. I playing Wildstar also made me feel that way.. the more I played the more I wanted WoD to come out. People told me it would go away once I hit 50 and raided.. but still.. made me wanna play WoW even more.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Could also be you're afraid to let go. Give something else a chance first

Alright let me reiterate what i ment by my post;

Wildstar is a great game. Just not for me, the futuristic vibe set me off. I like the barbaric feeling of World Of Warcraft more.

I found myself mainly doing PvP in Wildstar and couldn't really get into it to be honest. I couldn't find a class i was stuck on or REALLY enjoyed. I played since beta, i've been swapping for months and i just can't make a choice like how i did in WoW. Choosing a class in WoW felt easy, this is extremely difficult. Not because i'm enjoying all of them, i can't find a single one i could level to level cap again (my first was an esper in beta)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    Alright let me reiterate what i ment by my post;

Wildstar is a great game. Just not for me, the futuristic vibe set me off. I like the barbaric feeling of World Of Warcraft more.

I found myself mainly doing PvP in Wildstar and couldn't really get into it to be honest. I couldn't find a class i was stuck on or REALLY enjoyed. I played since beta, i've been swapping for months and i just can't make a choice like how i did in WoW. Choosing a class in WoW felt easy, this is extremely difficult. Not because i'm enjoying all of them, i can't find a single one i could level to level cap again (my first was an esper in beta)
    I know what you mean. Don't forget, WoW is a highly polished game. They had 10 years to do so. I share you sympathies though, i never could get the hang of other MMO's; I just kept comparing them to WoW and started to really miss functions/features.

I tried Wildstar's beta, and I gotta say I was pretty impressed with the look and athmosphere.... But it never 'caught' me like WoW did.... I too am counting the days till WoD.

Elder Scrolls Online was a great waste as well. The game was really hard, which I liked, but progression was super slow. I spent days getting to level 10, hoped into PvP and spent a half hour running around without seeing another player because it was soo huge. Mix in to that the level 40-50 (w/e the max level mobs were) wolves and stuff, and it was literally impossible to play that content at the level they allow you to.
    Add, once more, that I was playing on a computer with the recommended specs, and still lagging, it was heavily biased towards people with better computers and I stood no chance.

After that attempt of PvP in ESO, i turned it off and haven't touched it. Really sad I spent $60 on it, but will pay attention to future expansions just in case.

I like Wildstar, I just wish they would fix bugs quicker and acknowledge problems like they did before launch. I think their 40 mans will fail though. I don't think the current generation of MMO players are going to work with old systems. The forums are already filled with whiny threads about imbalance and attunements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I like Wildstar, I just wish they would fix bugs quicker and acknowledge problems like they did before launch. I think their 40 mans will fail though. I don't think the current generation of MMO players are going to work with old systems. The forums are already filled with whiny threads about imbalance and attunements.
    Gotta wonder what changed? Only think I can think of, is that generation was raised to "Always win"

But I dunno, when I played sports and they didn't keep score, we did it ourselves.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ughh another thread about how someone got hyped up by a supposed "wow killer" then realized how much he misses his home. You people disgust me. No offense.

Gotta wonder what changed? Only think I can think of, is that generation was raised to "Always win"

But I dunno, when I played sports and they didn't keep score, we did it ourselves.
    People realized mundane brainless grinds aren't actually worth paying money for.

I played World Of Warcraft in Vanilla. I remember how shitty it was and how hard it was. Always win is a very one sided way to look at this game, as are all games.

Patience helps a lot in an effort to get what you want in a difficult game. But what about a person who has limited time as they have gotten older because of work, life, school, ect?

Thats where i fit. winning isn't a bad thing. It's a good incentive to continue the journey. To win to much, becomes more of a bore. But i believe wow has found the balance of where most gamers sit. if you play the easy content, you get your pick of the loot. If you decide to play more towards the hardcore side of things, you get what you are playing for. The more you put in the more you will get right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt the same way. I tried really hard to get into Wildstar, even bought the game for a few people. But it just didn't do it for me. I'm sure I will pop back in now and then like I do with FFXIV but I won't be leaving WoW for it. It is a terrific game, and I wish it all the success in the world.

Wildstar does a lot right and is a great mmo in my opinion. Though I think the one thing I've noticed is a lack of a carrot on a stick for myself. Their is really no gear, mounts, or housing items I really care for. That's subjective of course. Though like I said it does a lot right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta wonder what changed?
    Wrath-babies. Once they came in, it went from "yeah this is sorta fun and hard" BC to "LOLOLOLOL omfg look at my dmg omfg" stupid.

It's only gotten worse. But WoW has become a single player friendly game until you do current-content raids. Which is fine, but this is why if anything is either time ridden or imbalanced for a bit, people cry havoc and whine and bitch all over the forums. Especially THIS forum.

Also, WildStar is a great MMO. Given a little time, I'll say it's on par with WoW, even with being newer. It's just a little different genre and more customizing. <3 Housing.

You should honestly play it more until WoD comes out people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    People realized mundane brainless grinds aren't actually worth paying money for.
    Uhhh, you still do this every day in WoW. For rep, gold, gear, experience, etc.

Technically, everything in life is a mindless grind. So spice it up.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2014-06-24 at 04:21 AM.

I feel the exact opposite. Pre-ordered WoD decided to give Wildstar a try as a year of SoO just isn't my thing. Honestly don't even care about WoW at this point. Wildstar made me feel AT home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    Wrath-babies. Once they came in, it went from "yeah this is sorta fun and hard" BC to "LOLOLOLOL omfg look at my dmg omfg" stupid.

It's only gotten worse. But WoW has become a single player friendly game until you do current-content raids. Which is fine, but this is why if anything is either time ridden or imbalanced for a bit, people cry havoc and whine and bitch all over the forums. Especially THIS forum.

Also, WildStar is a great MMO. Given a little time, I'll say it's on par with WoW, even with being newer. It's just a little different genre and more customizing. <3 Housing.

You should honestly play it more until WoD comes out people.
    I think I'm going to take a break from mmo's. I think I'm just burnt out on the genre, but for anyone who is not id recommend Wildstar it's great. So is wow. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm pretty sure it's this video...I think. But yea it's a video on game design and you see from watching it why 40 mans were scrapped.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwPe3OHR04c

Annnnd this is why every other MMO fails (including Wildstar, eventually). Because time and time again people just realize that "it's not WoW", and come back.

I pre-order WS, hit 50, PvPd, hit 1800, bought the PvP gear, noticed there was nothing left to do, I quit. (I dont PvE, i live for arenas, WS PvP was god damn awful with the stupid unbalanced PvE specials and PvP gear being borderline useless)