Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Haven't played WoW in months because I switched to GW2. Had tons of fun leveling and doing world events and bosses. It seems there's always something new to do. I cancelled my sub to WoW because I was tired of hitting my head against SoO HC and didn't feel like grinding reps or whatever. I do miss it sometimes. I would love to take a ride around Storm Peaks or Icecrown, I'll have to console myself with the OST.

As for Wildstar, I've been told it's a rather good game, but I haven't played it myself so I'm not sure if it's just hype or what.

Big thanks to Shyama for the sig <3

Ow yeah and wow dev's is truely morons... I mean most of wow's playerbase PVE yeah?... They have all been forced to raid the same freaking content for a whole year!?!.
    Thats insane, thats really really insane... So weird they didnt add alittle raid, i mean even in end of wotlk we had that 1 boss in obsidian sanctum...

Personally i feel blizzard is just pumping out titles to fill voids for some time until they release their next big title. Their next WoW so to speak.
    D3 --> may 2012 --> MoP September 2012 --> Reapers of souls March 2014 --> WoD fall - end year 2014.
    Thats without considering hearthstone and heroes of the storm.

Just feels they are pushing out less then thought through games/content between their big "titles" to give the people something to do rather then adding prober content in MoP...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Ow yeah and wow dev's is truely morons... I mean most of wow's playerbase PVE yeah?... They have all been forced to raid the same freaking content for a whole year!?!.
    Thats insane, thats really really insane... So weird they didnt add alittle raid, i mean even in end of wotlk we had that 1 boss in obsidian sanctum...

Personally i feel blizzard is just pumping out titles to fill voids for some time until they release their next big title. Their next WoW so to speak.
    D3 --> may 2012 --> MoP September 2012 --> Reapers of souls March 2014 --> WoD fall - end year 2014.

Just feels they are pushing out less then thought through games/content between their big "titles" to give the people something to do rather then adding prober content in MoP...
    Seriously dude, how can you not trust Blizzard. Blizzards business model reminds me of an old cookie recipe my grandma used to bake for us when we're kids.

She'd say...

Take 7 teaspoons of hugs.
    Stir is 2 cups of love.
    A pinch of joy.
    Sprinkle in a handful of happiness.
    Put in the oven for 30 mins (don't leave them in for too long!)

Then she'd gather us all in her big kitchen and say "here's your cool milk my little dear's, now who wants a cookie to go with their drink?"
    We'd all be jumping up saying "me! me! me!" she'd say Okay "Now its 3 for £1 or you can take 10 for £2.50, that's quite a deal"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it right? Other companies release version 1,2,3,4,5 while Blizzard does content patches for free limiting it to say version 1,2 and 3. EA is the king of regurgitated titles and people love them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm only level 16 and about ready to call it quits. Wildstar is fun. But it doesn't have the same draw that other MMO's have and I can't quite nail it down. Even Rift had more draw at the start then Wildstar has had for me.

Maybe it's all the bugs and yes the game is chock full of bugs at every turn. Maybe it's the teleport/speed hackers that could have easily been curbed with tech before launch. The active combat system is interesting but after a while when you just want to autoattack for a few minutes it loses it's appeal. Not having a dungeon available until 20 really pissed me off as well.

WoW's combat system is just fluid and always has been so I think that spoils us when other games shoot for graphics and the variety of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    That really rustles my jimmies.

Same, I'm just gonna try to erase the memory of reading it.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Wildstar made me homesick too.

But homesick for what WoW USED to be, not what it is. I have astonishingly strong "cravings" for the WoW I used to know and love, with elite areas in leveling zones, with talent trees, with 1 challenging raid difficulty, with varied classes, without an obscene obsession for "perfect balance" among every class of an archetype.

That WoW just doesn't exist anymore, for me at least. All we have is numerous difficulties watering down the excitement of defeating a dangerous boss, 6 talent "choices", questing zones with one "path" through them with zero room for innovation, PvP which is a clusterfuck of spammable cc/snares/stuns and classes which all play astonishingly similarly. It really is a mere shell of its former self, despite all the additions and so-called "improvements".

That's my 10c, anyway. I often feel that "pull" as you describe it - but that WoW no longer exists.

This is literally exactly how I feel.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."