Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry these pens are driving me insane!

here is my problem. i bought a pack of pens. when i write in circles or just straight lines without any pressure the inks comes out just fine but the second i try to form words/numbers/shapes the ink stops flowing or flows for maybe a second or two but stops. it seems to do this off and on at random. i've tried 8 different pens they all do the same thing. they are just regular pens nothing fancy what is going on? is it because they are a cheap pack of pens? is it because my room is extra dry due to being on the second floor and getting in more heat than other floors? i dont leave the caps off. its getting to the point where im going to either start writing in marker or using some other means to write....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh the problems we face in the industrial world.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    I'd buy some new pens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    I'd buy some new pens.
    well the stores are closed but im thinking of buying some soon as they open.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess?
    Made in China?

If you want a quality pen, get the one from Germany .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Let me guess?
    Made in China?

If you want a quality pen, get the one from Germany .
    yeah it was a pack of cheap pens. although i have had this happen with quality pens which makes me wonder if its not the pen but some other factors causing it.

Deleted
    Write in pencil.

10+ Year Old Account

5:22
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Buy different pens. Give these pens away as a christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Buy different pens. Give these pens away as a christmas present.
    No you give those away to collegues who constantly borrow your shit and don't bring it back, make sure you loosen the cap when you have a "biter" as target.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Adults use pencils to write?

Why can't adults use pencils?

Deleted
    It can be erased and it's not professional.
    I'm an adult and work in accounts and I write virtually everything in pencil. Only time I don't is when writing cheques (because you're not allowed) and when I'm like, crossing things off a list (like if i have a list of invoices to input onto sage or whatever) i'll cross them off with a sharpie or a highlighter because you can easier cross things that can be seen further away because bigger etc.

For everything else, pencil. It's neat, it's easy, you never have like, the ink run out mid word, etc etc. How is using a pencil not professional anyway? What about pens, exactly, is "more professional" than pencils?

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be erased and it's not professional.

lol.... Don't take everything teachers told you in school as 100% true. The only place you have to use a pen as an adult is to sign your name.

I use a pencil everyday at work.

Deleted
    I've never been fond of pens.

Deleted
    Because anything non-personal can be erased. I would never write anything work related in pencil. You don't hand in documents that have been written in pencil - that would be unprofessional. If I make a mistake in pen at work, it is crossed out (one line) and is signed with my initials.

Actually, the only time I use pencils is when I'm helping my daughter with her homework.

Why don't you? What exactly is anyone going to erase? If I'm writing a report for our MD and for some reason I do it by hand instead of typing it, why would she want to erase anything? If she's going to erase it all and re write it herself, why is she hiring me in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Why don't you? What exactly is anyone going to erase? If I'm writing a report for our MD and for some reason I do it by hand instead of typing it, why would she want to erase anything? If she's going to erase it all and re write it herself, why is she hiring me in the first place?
    you've never worked with spitefull hatefull backstabing people who will do anything to get you fired have you?

and wait people still write with pens and pencils? *looks around his work desk completely baren of any hand writing tools*

Pencil is an issue when it stuff which is going to be documented, which across all forms of work is probably the minority, at least nowadays where everything is done digital anyway. Most people I know just write notes or make little rough sketches for explanation and a pencil is perfectly fine for that.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because once it's in pen it's official and can't be altered. Pencils are for rough drafts, personal notes, and drawings.
    Lol, so funny how some people can view things so differently.

Just because something is written in pen, does not make it official lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It does every job I worked at. And as I said, if a mistake is made in the pen (though, you shouldn't be making mistakes) it is crossed out with one line, then initials have to be put by it to indicate that it was your mistake.

Seems if they really wanted it to be professional you would be typing those documents up. Not using a pen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yeah it was a pack of cheap pens. although i have had this happen with quality pens which makes me wonder if its not the pen but some other factors causing it.
    maybe it´s not the pen, but you can´t write
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.