Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Part of that feel comes from accomplishing your goals. If you're just going to the gym because you feel like you need to, then yeah it's just going to feel like a chore. Set yourself some fitness goals. Strength goals, speed or distance goals, or even aesthetic goals. That sense of accomplishment as I inch closer or attain the goals I set for myself are a big part of what keeps me enjoying my time at the gym.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 weeks in regular exercise is refreshing and even fun.

Those first 3 weeks though...Oooff

I like gym, since I can find many people do same thing as mine, I will not look ridiculous. In gym, it is safer than outside.

Deleted
    Never.. I still do cardio and stretching 2-3 times a week. It's become more like a routine so it doesn't feel as intimidating as it did before though.

I don't go to a gym though since I got a treadmill and other training equipment at home.

I ride my bike, walk the dog, and lift weights in my game room--no gym.

Deleted
    if it doesn't feel good by now
    your probably a fat mess

10+ Year Old Account
    you should watch that old arnold bodybuilding movie :P I think it's called pumping iron. Work out to enjoy the burn and you'll have a better workout.. don't just go through the motions. feel the blood flowing through your muscles, and as you can lift more and do more. idk it's just a good feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're going to the gym for the wrong reasons if you're not having the right mind-set or goals to be a healthier person.

im about 30 pounds over my recommended weight (was 70) with loads of body fat and no muscle.

i'm obviously much healthier now but if you don't have goals, then you are wasting your time and you'll end up quitting.

Deleted
    Do you have training goals?

When i went to the gym years ago without goals i didn't enjoy it. Now that i go with goals i actually enjoy it, part because i feel like i'm working towards something and now i just enjoy working out. I go on a Tues/Weds after work and then Sat/Sun mid-morning. Mid week for me it breaks up the work-home-sleep routine and on the weekend gets me out the house etc. (new area, small town, know no-one).

Guess you've just got to decide why you're going to the gym, do you actually want to be fit and healthy or is it just because others tell you to?
    Are you eating properly, training properly etc.

Maybe the gym just isn't for you, try looking into classes, circuit training, kickboxing, spin. They all have a more 'pumped' social environment too them so you may find more enjoyment in that.

Deleted
    Work out 4 days a week, record each session cold and post workout via photos on a weekly basis, seeing the tangible weight and muscle gains is extremely motivating.

Initially it was offset by depression and anxiety, i'd miss a day here or there and would resolve to go the next day, queue a few months later and i enjoy going to the gym.

After the second day or so of lifting heavy (ish) the feeling was great, almost addictive.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

I feel good about going to the gym after a week or two, especially when i eat clean