Resto Druid Godcomp matches

Hey,

I've been playing godcomp on my rdruid with some friends and I would really like you and the community here to give me general gameplay/communication/class specific tips. I know I'm not the greatest player so please bear with me I've attached a few win/loss videos as you specified. Thank you for taking the time to review!

Losses:
    http://www.twitch.tv/primoriscruor/c/4523041
    http://www.twitch.tv/primoriscruor/c/4523031

Wins:
    http://www.twitch.tv/primoriscruor/c/4523081
    http://www.twitch.tv/primoriscruor/c/4523059
    http://www.twitch.tv/primoriscruor/c/4523018

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

the mouse needs to go xD
    I find a couple of healers i know either macro or use Scroll up / Scroll down to target you're other 2 team mates.
    you're positioning is rather laxed sometimes, you're in the open more than you need to be outside of healing / CCing.
    Also please use clone more, druids have the best CC (imo) make more use of it with the amount of peels godcomp has, it shouldn't be a problem. recommend using a clone 1 / 2 /3 macros, at the least.
    Best of luck
    Last edited by fruitshoot; 2014-06-24 at 05:04 PM.

Thank you for your feedback! I usually try to only go for clones when my team is going for burst. If there is a warrior that is on my mage or shadow priest (no cds popped for example) is it usually considered good to clone him? On the upside it gives us breathing room. On the downside clone is DR'd (cannot full clone if war pops burst). Any thoughts on this, anyone?

Deleted
    I can't see the videos atm (at work), but I'll watch and edit this post later today/tomorrow. Just some general advice regarding what you mention:

" If there is a warrior that is on my mage or shadow priest (no cds popped for example) is it usually considered good to clone him?"

The higher rating you reach, the more easily you see your role as a rdruid: you can't compete against classes like rshamans in terms of straight outburst healing, so you compensate that with CC. You should always have a target cced whole game, but at the same time, you can't exactly go into the healer and cyclone him, as that leaves you extremely vulnerable to CC chains. What's the answer: spam cc on the dps.

a) Talking about melee comps like KFC, you want to los the hunter while ccing the warrior: first juke a cyclone (to test his spell reflect skills). Then start with a root on him. This will dictate that: like you said, you won't risk a DRed clone when he pops burst, second, it will either force a dispell on him or use of movement free abilities, which he will lack later on. At the same time don't worry too much about cloning in early game: unless you're playing with stuff like TSG your teammates have their own tools to survive/escape the warr. As a last argument, if you simply delay clones because you're saving them for a burst, you might end up on a cc chain and the warrior will leave the trinket/spell reflect waiting for your "emergency clone". Remember: we druids have a pillow in case we screw things up, and that pillow is called hots. Abuse the fact that you can afford to leave your dps for a bit to stop the warrior.

b) In the current state of the game, those who keep pressure get rewarded the most. You're playing one of the most powerful and versatile comps atm: your teammates can switch between offensive/defensive better than most classes, especially your mage. So the goal here is to switch with them as well: since you can't do dmg outside of HoW, your job is to let your teammates pressure as much as they can. This is never more true than with god comp: your teammates don't need your heals so much as they need windows of opportunity to burst. This means keeping melees off the mage/priest, preventing counter-pressure by FF on spriests/rogues, and letting them worry about the enemy healer. We are probably the healer with the biggest toolbox on the game: you should never be holding anything unless your dps tells you to*. Rotate that cyclone/roots as much as possible, because your cc is the hardest one to stop.

c) As always, CC > healing. You can't avoid that PoM poly/charge fear (after fearward)/etc, so your best bet is to reduce as much damage as possible. That way when you get cced your team is still sitting comfortably with their defensive cds. This is especially more true with warriors: warrior is only there for the dmg: if you cc him as soon as possible, when he finally reaches your mage he will be ready to refresh shields. At the same time, you're forcing the healer to dispel at some point, and (in many cases) the warrior to go mongoloid when he comes out of cc, wasting his cds to make pressure (which by itself its a win: go defensive for a bit, wait for orb and go for the kill again). Ironbark is used for when the warrior bursts: outside of that, use SM on cd and use enjoy the SoF to spam cc on that warr while applying quick heals to your teammates (reallocate shroom, refresh dots when you get trinket proc, reju yourself to avoid sudden switches being a huge problem). Don't forget you're not the only one who can stop a bursting warr( disarm, poly, roots from priest, ring).

d) Macros: they alone will up your rating by at least 100-150. Since we have so much stuff to respond to the enemy team, learn to arena 1/2/3 macros. You'll be super slow at start, cyclone wrong target, but eventually you'll get it and when you do, you will notice the amount of gcds you're saving. You should have: cyclone, roots, faerie fire (so that's 9 buttons). If you want I can give you my macros (in order to save space, I use stuff like reju on friend, moonfire on enemy type of macros). For hibernate you just need a macro (replace depending on the position of the feral/shammy on the team), for dispell you want 3 macros ideally (my are dispell the spriest with scroll up, dispell mage with scrol down, dispell myself with shift scroll up, soothe with shift scroll down).

Can't comment on much else without watching your videos.

* scenarios where you should hold all cc is in situations of overextending, especially in part of melee dps. Many cases warriors will be extremely aggressive even though you made their hunter/mage back away due to your team's damage. In these scenarios, you just need to coordinate with the spriest to make sure that you guys are ready for a swap to the warr behind the pillar. If he doesn't trinket and heroic leap he dies right there, and even then just the fact that you can cc his healer/2nd dps when they come to help will already put the enemy team into loads of pressure.

edit after viewing videos:

Okay, there's a lot that you need to work on. I'll try to focus on the vids following the order you posted:

loss1:
    a) First, take tyhpoon: not only it will help peeling the dk by knockbacking him down (watch for grip), but also throw the priest away when he comes for a fear or even to create distance between him and his dps.
    b) You're making a pretty huge mistake in the start of the game. You want to get your mastery buff rolling ASAP, otherwise your initial hots will heal for around 30% less. The way to do this is start with a regrowth cast when there's 1 second left until the gates open (on your spriest since your mage will invisi), and end the gcd with a reju, then spam 3 lifeblooms on him, reju on yourself and the mage, place shroom, and get in a good spot. Also, keep moving your shroom, and don't be afraid to genesis at start if the opposite team doesn't come right away to charge it a bit faster.
    c) Positioning is far from ideal: you should push to the left pillar in order to create distance between you and the mage (like their priest did), but you were dancing around the dk and that resulted in your getting feared. Since you can't always avoid fears, you want to punish the priest for fearing you: he'll have to catch you first and become vulnerable to cc meanwhile. After the first mage block, you were once again on the worst position: you should be on the right side of the boxes in order to LoS the hunter and safely heal your mage (bonus: grip dk while your mage los with boxes). You also seem to jump a lot to heal without really thinking about where you are: this ends up making you in a bad spot and susceptible to traps that can't be eaten or easy fears from the priest. Your place is in the boxes, only come out for regrowth and especially cc, which will cover in a bit. Also, your lack of keybinds to target your partners are making you disregard the camera angle many many times, making it impossible for you to see the enemy position. Your mouse is meant for vision, not targeting.
    d) You barely cc in this game. After the initial attempt to clone the dk (which should be used when you were safely behind the boxes and not 5y away from him), you focus on healing the whole game. You're casting too many regrowths because you're not ccing. There's a ton of situations (like when you guys switch dk) that could be used (tyhpooning priest away, cloning hunter).
    d) Need to: apply ff on priest ALL the time to avoid spectral guise; adjust shroom; use cenario ward when you get silenced (it's a OP heal, don't forget it!). Also, I like your NS use but you seem way too dependent on it: after the end of the first cc chain you were fine to spam your partner without using it; regrowth less and move. I know some comps damage is absurd but you're hurting your position a lot. If your heals seem too weak if you don't spam regrowth it's because you need to reduce the pressure by ccing.

loss2:
    - Trinketing that blind wasn't needed: the rogue took the long route to reach your dps. Also, if your spriest doesn't grip when you call, he needs to mass dispell, especially because he wasn't even being focused. You shouldn't had jump down either: keep hots up and los the hunter. Any problem that might occur would be answered with a reju > sm > tranquility.
    - The bomb wasn't a problem, but if you had tyhpoon you could had helped a lot by knocking the rogue and removing dmg for at least 2-3 seconds, which is huge. Also, make more use of Cenarion Ward and iron bark. Whenever a dps pops cds you use bark unless you're sure the dmg won't be a issue. Both these spells are on a 30 sec cd, basically ready for every major dmg ability of your enemies.
    - Instead of cloning the rogue, a root would work better: you would have kept ff on, and if he got dispelled, root and ff again and let your mage know he can free poly the rogue. Also, you had trinket available when you lost the game. TDLR: focus on your healing cds, you have so much stuff that you should be rotation them every time. I feel the fact that you need to click is causing you to loose awareness.

win1:
    - same talk (think this happens in all your vids): adjust shroom, apply cenarion ward when silenced/pressured, apply ff (you shouldn't be feared like that in the 1st time, especially being such in a good position). Also, roar would represent a 3 sec cc in a druid at least once in this game. I'm focusing your comment on you btw, but can say that your team's damage is fine and the mage (the VIP) is making good use of cc. Just remember that they need to rely on themselves to cc the healer and let you cc a dps, at higher ratings you won't be able to catch the druid that easily.
    - Watch your position: at start you were very susceptible to a pom poly. Positioning yourself in the left side of the map (instead of mid) would be better.

win2:
    - nice fear, but you didn't need to waste NS to clone the priest. Assuming your teammates were fully hotted (I can't tell by your frames, so I can never comment on your hots uptime.), you just needed to him out of fear, and clone him. If you had a few seconds, reju on closest dps (but don't go closer to the hunter), SM > hastened clone.
    - Your priest has to get used to grip/mass dispell. For now you can escape the traps with a trinket, but the higher rating you get, the more precise enemy hunters will be: trapping out of stuns, silencing your priest to avoid MD. While they don't, train scatter/trap situations. While we're at it, if your priest isn't fear warding you at start (which is not a bad choice, since the enemy team has 2 purgers), you need to call for it when you get chastised/cced near a psyfiend.
    - The biggest mistake you did here (which will cost you many games if you don't adjust) is not having mastery buff up. It's meat to ALWAYS be up, and it only shows up 40 seconds into the game: that means your hots were doing around 30% less healing, that's huge!

win3:
    - Once again, I feel you only get harmony because you use SM and/or regrowth: you need to get it before-hand, in order to send the mage to battle with strong hots. I see you spreading reju (nice), I see you shrooming (also nice), and I even see you moving it...to a spot no one is currently on xD Many rdruids forget about shroom, and you actually use it in the later game, but even it's normaling healing is great to have, so don't leave it be at any point on the game.
    - Resulting of jumping around just because: getting in range of stun (not a huge mistake) + hex (this one is a huge mistake). If you had go left, you had a rooted druid ready to be cycloned. Any trouble you could just (and this is something you aren't doing much either) displacer beast back. Rotate camera 180% degree, right click move front, displacer. You can use this even to avoid warlock fears. Btw, get used to see incoming hexes, imagine mage was on a stun/silence/cc, you would have no dispel, and you were too busy to shift.
    - Your team's mindset is good, but it's not the ideal one for god comp: when thunderbolt comes, one of your dps says "pull back". What should happen is "warrior is on me, pull back". This forces:
    a) warrior to overextend, scenario I mentioned earlier on the post.
    b) shaman to come out, making it easier to nuke; druid to come out, easier for cc as well.
    c) you to be able to use pillars to make thunderbolt harder.
    God comp is all about switching between defensive and offensive. Don't pull back because thunderbolt happened: pull back because you want to force enemy team to overextend and ruin their position: their warrior needs melee range to do damage and you guys don't.
    - After that clone to warrior, watch everyone's position: their enemy team is positioned in a way that allows the druid to los everyone, the shaman to los everyone (if needed) and the warrior to heroic leap/interven and los everyone. In your side, you got 3 players stacking (almost begging for a shockwave/fear :P), allowing the shaman to use chain lightning (essentially giving him more dmg), and a healer (you) completely vulnerable to cc. You should be moving as soon as clone is casted and you're out of the stun. The reason the game took so long is because you guys allowed the enemy rdruid to safely heal behind the pillars. At least 2 or 3 times he could have gone to the right side of the pillar (your left) and cyclone you, just like that shaman hexed you. Also, when shaman was los, you could had switched druid. or even warrior: your position was perfect and they were in the worst spot possible.

Hope this helped
    Last edited by mmocac141d2a8a; 2014-06-26 at 03:46 PM.