Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Correct, there are always unrealistic things in video games so it's hard to grasp you problem with the make-believe mechanics.
    Is reading not your strong point? The whole FUCKING POINT I WAS MAKING is that it's silly to complain about game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Is reading not your strong point? The whole FUCKING POINT I WAS MAKING is that it's silly to complain about game mechanics.
    And if you read, you'll see I agreed with you.

And if you read, you'll see I agreed with you.
    Your wording:"so it's hard to grasp your problem with the make-believe mechanics."

You said it was hard to grasp my problem with make believe mechanics when I didn't have a problem with the mechanics.

Please knock it off, you two. Take it to PM's if you want to continue that pointless argument.

Deleted
    I played in p2p-days and loved the story, and hated the traveltime between the good stuff. I can only imagine, if they made it even slower to travel as f2p, the horror. Travel time between story quests was the reason I didnt reach max level in the past.
    Loved the warzones, really fun. But silly restriction on doing them in f2p, it's just a silly restriction. And the restriction that made me never download the game again. The worst is that they fooled the community that warzone restrictions would be removed and then gave crap about it. They made ugly heads in this game, and then putting hide helmet behind a paywall as well is also silly. If they got that shit together and stirred things up in a healthy way I would return. But I bet many people pay to hide the ugly helmets, and it's debateable if the majority of subscribers do subscribe because of removal of warzone restrictions. Will other subbenefits compensate for loss of subs because of restriction removal? Seems like they are not willing to take the chance to try anyway.

Deleted
    Warzone restriction can be avoided.
    Group with someone who can que (subbed or a pass) and let him/her que.
    Notification will pop up that you're not able to be que'd but ignore it.
    And that's it, you're in que.

You just can't leave the que or will see the button next to your minimap glowing, that is all.
    Upside is, you can spend skill points while in que while the other can't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkisyum View Post
    Warzone restriction can be avoided.
    Group with someone who can que (subbed or a pass) and let him/her que.
    Notification will pop up that you're not able to be que'd but ignore it.
    And that's it, you're in que.

You just can't leave the que or will see the button next to your minimap glowing, that is all.
    Upside is, you can spend skill points while in que while the other can't.
    Nice little work around, do you get rewards from the WZ you complete like this or are you just playing for fun?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    Nice little work around, do you get rewards from the WZ you complete like this or are you just playing for fun?
    You do get the rewards

State of the game: bad. Just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FeverRay View Post
    State of the game: bad. Just bad.
    Unfortunately for you it's not.

4th over all popular MMo is pretty good. Hell, the stories alone are worth the sub even if you never hit endgame. It's not the best MMo ever but it's pretty nice.

Unfortunately for you it's not.

4th over all popular MMo is pretty good. Hell, the stories alone are worth the sub even if you never hit endgame. It's not the best MMo ever but it's pretty nice.
    Where did you get 4th most popular MMO? I believe SWTOR still will not release any numbers on amount of players.

If the story line was worth the sub then SWTOR would still have over 2 million subs. You could say it was worth the price of the game (60 dollars) but it is not even close to paying a monthly sub of 15 for.

Thats the problem with this game. It could be considered a great single player game but they wanted to call it an MMO.

The Superdata Report.

It's actually the second most profitable Western MMO by a wide margin (Tera and Lineage are mostly Eastern markets).
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The Superdata Report.

It's actually the second most profitable Western MMO by a wide margin (Tera and Lineage are mostly Eastern markets).
    just because you made the 4th highest money doesnt mean your the 4th most popular MMO.

If you take the total number and take away what they said they made from the CM that would lead us to believe there are were less than 200,000 subs at the end of 2013. Looking at torstatus it shows that the server have got lighter since then implying even less.

This game is nothing but a cash grab now. Trying to get more money from the people who sub to the game. Remeber what they said was the reason for the transition to F2P was? Doesnt look like thats what they are doing now.

Maybe someone shoudl spend 2 billion dollars on the CM so that SWTOR would become the most popular MMO :O

I mean if you want to argue semantics, that's fine. We don't have access to sub numbers; we do have profit numbers. If that isn't enough to convince you that the game is doing well, that's your choice.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Deleted
    How good a game differs for each person.
    High sub count says nothing.
    Lot of income says nothing.
    Amount of new players says nothing.
    The only thing those figures tell is how much money and effort it gonna be put in the game.
    A game can survive even with only a few players.

There are plenty of games that have a huge team and a huge budget that I find absolutely horrible and there are also games with a small budget and team that I find amazing.

So it all comes down to your own personal opinion.

Where did you get 4th most popular MMO? I believe SWTOR still will not release any numbers on amount of players.

If the story line was worth the sub then SWTOR would still have over 2 million subs. You could say it was worth the price of the game (60 dollars) but it is not even close to paying a monthly sub of 15 for.

Thats the problem with this game. It could be considered a great single player game but they wanted to call it an MMO
    The game IS a good MMO though, they just don't release "MMO" content often enough to keep up with demand and make a sub worthwhile. They do release a lot of content, but daily areas, personal housing, new companions, space missions and cartel market items are all single player content. Rehashing the same raid with new difficulty levels is not new content...it's the same content, just harder...which many people are just not interested in.

Meh, it is all "MMO content." Content does not just consist of dungeons and raids, especially in non-wow games where most people will never set foot in either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I mean if you want to argue semantics, that's fine. We don't have access to sub numbers; we do have profit numbers. If that isn't enough to convince you that the game is doing well, that's your choice.
    What I was referring to was to the opinion that the game was the 4th popular MMO since it made the 4th most money. Profit numbers has nothing to do with the popularity of the game or if its doing well or not.

From using all the numbers that have been given to us we can say that at the end of 2013 they had about 200,000k sub. Also if you look at the server status from back then until now you can see that it has conmtinued to decline. A good game doesnt continue to lose players at the rate that SWTOR has. Now some people do like the game (and good for them) but the majority of people who have tried the game dont.

Deleted
    Tbh population isn't dropping or increasing for the past few months, only see a drop now due to it being summer and the same happens in every game.
    Main thing in the population is that it spikes a lot mainly due to double xp weekends and other events also people trying different games and coming back etc.
    If you talk about quality and quantity of content, SWTOR doesn't do under for other mmo's.
    PvP is still the best balanced by a mile.
    PvE balance I can't say cause I don't PvE.
    Only the engine is still terrible but that will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Profit numbers has nothing to do with the popularity of the game or if its doing well or not.
    If you want to argue that profits aren't a perfect metric of game quality, that's fine - many products are popular and terrible at the same time. If you want to argue that subs are a better measure of popularity than profit, that's fine too. But are you seriously arguing that profits have no bearing on how well a game is doing?