Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's possible that, example: a group of four friends were doing a dungeon together and accidentally queued for another when they meant to invite another friend.

I actually didn't know that gave you deserter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    The bottom line is: the deserter debuff as an effect of the kick was implemented - as I read and as I understand - in order to punish players that would sit at the entrance, refuse to leave and do nothing. So, the system is intended to deal with wrongful behaviour. On the other hand, the system itself can be easily exploited for other kind of wrongful behaviour (as I experienced today). So, I see the issue that they were trying to address, but my point is exactly that the rule was implemented poorly and it's an example of bad design.
    So what would be a better design?

Yes, the way it currently is can be abused by groups of 4 that queue together. However, that is going to be less common than the people who were abusing the fact that you didn't get a debuff if kicked, so the way it currently works is better overall for more people. If you have an idea that can't be abused by anyone at all but still covers these issues by all means share it.

the actual truth is rather for a GM to investigate
    Thanks for the good laugh.
    I don't really see how it can easily be exploited given it's close to impossible to remove someone from a 5 man heroic without interrupting the instance and possible waiting for longer than a clear would have taken. I agree though that the system needs some updates - it never should be that annoying to remove someone.

I just had a weird experience: I joined a random dungeon on my level 87 hunter; less than one minute into the dungeon, I get 'removed from the group' and I obtain the 'Dungeon Deserter' debuff.
    highlighted why you got kicked!

I only jest, but most likely it was a guild group who was waiting for their 5th to log on or some other reason.

Because your are a hunter I am going to go with;

A) You had your pet on autoattack.
    B) You had Aspect of the Pack on.

Don't worry this happens all the time, I am in groups that kick hunters at least once a week for these reasons. They probably didn't know why either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Because your are a hunter I am going to go with;

A) You had your pet on autoattack.
    B) You had Aspect of the Pack on.

Don't worry this happens all the time, I am in groups that kick hunters at least once a week for these reasons. They probably didn't know why either.
    What do you mean on autoattack? You mean aggressive stance, the one that automatically attacks anything within range? That's been removed quite a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    What do you mean on autoattack? You mean aggressive stance, the one that automatically attacks anything within range? That's been removed quite a long time ago.
    Wait...you mean the hunters have been doing it on purpose the whole time!?

It was probably a guild group 4-manning dungeons. You get more exp that way. That's about all I can think of....or the OP did something that irked the others and warranted the kick.

Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    That's wrong. I've been kicked once in the first ten seconds of entering a fresh dungeon.
    Same, sometimes you can get kicked even before entering the dungeon, during the load screen....

I vote kick people without full heirlooms. I'm not getting paid to carry people.

It's funny, in all of MoP, including leveling 5 alts 15-90 through only the dungeon finder, I've never been kicked, once.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I think how often people get kicked by trolls is vastly out of proportion to the number of times the group had a reason, and that person just doesn't agree with it.

I've had a few groups whose reasons were as retarded as "He has the cash shop transmog helm".

Some guy wanted to inspect you, but instead pressed kick and the others just went with the flow.

I thought there is a grace period of 10-15 mins where ppl cant be kicked .. always happens where 1 guy is afking straight after starting the instance.

N-N-N-N-NECRO

I spent 12~15 minutes in que, as healer, in que for Crown Chemical Co. My net decided to be a raging dick and DC the second I zoned into Shadowfang. I came back in less than a minute, only to find I was kicked, and with a Deserter Debuff. It's late. I don't have a large time window right now and gotta get this daily done if I want the fucking 250 token goddamn bird. I think Blizz needs to add more restrictions to kicking people, because this is enraging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I think Blizz needs to add more restrictions to kicking people, because this is enraging.
    You shouldn't get deserter debuff for being kicked, I'd say that's the real issue. Deserting is to leave your comrades, not being dishonourably discharged.

I got kicked in a leveling dungeon for not having heirlooms on my my character. People kick for all kinds of stupid reasons.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    You shouldn't get deserter debuff for being kicked, I'd say that's the real issue. Deserting is to leave your comrades, not being dishonourably discharged.
    It was like this in the start. The result was that players wishing to leave the dungeon and queue again hoping for an instance where they still needed loot got themselves kicked intentionally. So that didn't work. Removing dungeon deserter completely would probably be a better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Yeah. Because the toxic/afk player shouldn't be barred from ruining someone elses dungeon instantly...
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Yeah. Because the toxic/afk player shouldn't be barred from ruining someone elses dungeon instantly...
    If they are afk, you kick them and they still get to sign up again. What's the problem? It's far better than waiting for half an hour to get into a group, then being kicked with having done nothing wrong, and then having a debuff which means you have to wait half an hour before you can even join the half hour queue again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    That's wrong. I've been kicked once in the first ten seconds of entering a fresh dungeon.
    And there there are "Alts". I play dps, tank and heals, and I keep a list of ignorant people that I do not want in my groups while tanking or healing. If I see a user in a group that is on my no play list, I do a vote to kick. Either they go or the group can wait 40 minutes for another tank or healer. Also if you had a tanking pet out or aspect of the pack on at level 87, you might get kicked. If you show up wearing intellect (shammy mail) you would probably get kicked.

The actual case the OP is claiming happens, happens so rarely that it isn't worth bothering with a code change.

Personally, I think the Deserter debuff should apply to any kicked player. Maybe a 30 minute time out will teach them to turn off pet growls and minion taunts or not to run ahead of the tank and pull a crap load of random mobs.