Resto - Help me with my trinkets

I keep finding a lot of conflicting information, that also does not take into consideration the ilvl of the trinkets. This is what i currently have available to me:

Thok's Tooth - 556 (Flex upgraded x4)
    Prismatic Prison of Pride - 569 (Normal upgraded x4)
    Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia - 570 (Heroic upgraded x1)
    Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity - 559 (Normal Warforged - not upgraded)

Help me to figure out what is best to use for 25m Heroic SoO. I will get them upgraded x4 asap.
    Also, not sure which fights to switch the trinkets out on.
    Any constructive criticism/advice welcome.

as a resto druid these two is best for yu keep them up all the time Keep Thok's Tooth and Prismatic Prison no trinket change needed atm for any boss
    Last edited by devildjz; 2014-06-25 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Update

Ilvl on Thok's compared to Nazgrim doesn't make a substantial difference (with 556 Thok's beating 570 Nazgrim's on 1.7 splash targets and 582 Nazgrim's on 1.9 splash targets instead of the default 1.5 targets with equivalent ilvl versions). The Int proc difference is pretty minor as well; your healing probably won't really notice the difference between getting a 20% and 25% increase in healing proc. You can consider using Nazgrim's over Thok's on Malkorok (particularly if you don't stack for Blood Rage) and Paragons but on 25 even on fights where you're pretty spread out you're likely to accidentally hit the splash target threshold. You're probably better off just using Thok's over Nazgrim's on all fights unless you see any fights where Cleave doing considerably less than the 5ish% healing you'd expect from Multistrike.

It's meaningful to know all your stats to decide if Prismatic Prison of Pride is unambiguously better than the others but Haste, Mastery, and Spirit are all pretty fungible for Resto Druids and your gear has to be pretty horrendous for the Amp not to outstrip all other trinkets (below 30k Haste+Mastery+Spirit before I'd even think about it).

the int procs are quite useless for healers compared to a flat int increase though, so the dysmorphic should be quite a good option, and some math suggests it gives around 3k spirit if not more

I think its pretty personal, I do not really know your playstyle. If you're progressing and you find urself going oom on most bosses I would use Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity and Prismatic Prison of Pride.

For stacked fight use Thok's Tooth, for spread fights where you've no mana issues use the Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia.

Since you have a mix of LFR up to heroic trinkets I cant really tell you which one is the best, if you are progressing however I would recommend Dysmorphic and Prison of pride just because they are great.

Always use PPP and switch between Thok's and Dysmorphic, fight depending. That's what I personally do, but I admittedly have both H WF of each.

Looks like Im not allowed to post links yet. I'm Wulfdru on Sargeras US

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    the int procs are quite useless for healers compared to a flat int increase though, so the dysmorphic should be quite a good option, and some math suggests it gives around 3k spirit if not more
    How valuable Dysmorphic is depends on how little you think of the giant Int procs on all the other trinkets. It's easy to say they're "useless", but that's not literally true. There's value in a 25%ish increase in healing done even if it's up randomly. For fights like Malkorok and Thok it will be close to 100% effective. For fights like Immerseus, Galakras, and Siegecrafter, the effect will be minimal unless you get some lucky timing but at the same time you probably can't put the Spirit you get from Dysmorphic to use on those fights either. All the other fights will be somewhere in between.

Anyway... here's a bunch of numbers using Dale72/Wulfdru's raid buffed stats and Rejuv's healing coefficient for converting sp into a % healing increase (it's not exact but it's close enough). Typical disclaimer: Relative to DSD, PPP/Thok's/Nazgrim's get better with more stats/total healing done.

Sp: 53786
    Crit: 25.57% (2959 rating)
    Haste: 38.85% (13700)
    Mastery: 30.73% (6802)
    Spirit: 16996 (16794)

559 Dysmorphic:
    2072 int (2393 sp) = 3.7% healing increase
    2713 spirit (converted to mastery) = 4.34%
    Total: 8.04% healing increase

575 Dysmorphic:
    2405 int (2778 sp) = 4.3% healing increase
    3149 spirit (converted to mastery) = 5.04%
    Total: 9.34% healing increase (Ex: At 58k SP and 50% mastery this is 8.41%)

PPP 569ilvl = 8.13% increase
    25.57% Crit: 1.66% healing increase
    Haste+Mastery+Spirit (34491 total pre-PPP): 3032 stats from PPP (converted to mastery)= 4.82% increase
    Total w/out Proc: 6.48% healing increase (Note: This is roughly equivalent to a 588 Nazgrim's)

Proc 2275 avg Int: 4.06% (24.4% increased healing for each proc)
    Total w/100% of Proc: 10.54% healing increase
    Equal to 559 Dysmorphic if proc is 38.4% effective.
    Equal to 575 Dysmorphic if proc is 70.4% effective.

---

Dale72: Your stats could use a little optimization. 17k Spirit is a lot and I'd suggest if you really feel you need that much you might not be making proper use of Innervate and Sagemender procs or perhaps you're overusing Regrowth in general. I'd suggest converting 3-7k of that Spirit into Mastery. Your Haste is also 540 rating over with 480 rating easily convertible into Mastery via gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm View Post
    How valuable Dysmorphic is depends on how little you think of the giant Int procs on all the other trinkets. It's easy to say they're "useless", but that's not literally true. There's value in a 25%ish increase in healing done even if it's up randomly. For fights like Malkorok and Thok it will be close to 100% effective. For fights like Immerseus, Galakras, and Siegecrafter, the effect will be minimal unless you get some lucky timing but at the same time you probably can't put the Spirit you get from Dysmorphic to use on those fights either. All the other fights will be somewhere in between.
    This is off-topic, but there is a reason many healers consider int procs useless (especially those with 2 minutes internal CD like those trinkets). Healing is not about putting out as much as you can, but healing enough in those moments when intense damage is coming in. A proc like PPP with 15% uptime means you usually don't have it up when you need it. And that one time it's up in an intense phase doesn't help much because you still need to heal everything else without the proc.

Looking at yesterday's parses (TAGT proc), on Thok I had 2 procs, one was during the first P1, and one right at the start of the second P1. So the first proc was useful, while the second one was wasted and I had to heal the most intense phase (bats) without it. So out of 120 seconds of intense healing, I had the buff for 20s (about 17%). I very much prefer the 2715 passive int from DSD, which also gives way more secondary stats through the spirit proc (which I do need on Thok). The only benefit of PPP is the +10% critical healing (which is very useful for our hots, only we don't usually have much crit).

Other fights are the same. Siegecrafter with our tactics has exactly 30 intense seconds (emp magnets + missiles + blades after emp fire), everything else is dull. Of course I had to heal that entire phase without an int proc yesterday.
    On heroic Garrosh, there are only 3 abilities that need heavy healing: the weapon the group stacks in, the end of the transition (when not everyone got a buff), and all whirling corruptions. Even if you're lucky to get an int proc during one of those, you still have to heal everything else without it.

TL;DR: The PPP trinket is IMO way overrated and I would take DSD and Thok with the same item level above it at any day.