Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    and getting your face stomped in with no gear is better? and it doesn't take 3 full days of jp farming IF you do the other things for honor too.

    the thunder isle dailies alone give you 600-700 honor a day
    add 1 win of the day in a bg ( another 500ish )
    karasang wilds rares ( another 300 )
    If you so wish - you can do wintergrasp ( also kill the Earth,Wind,Fire Boss's Too )
    Then some JP Grinding from Heroics

    All in All you have many ways to get honor without stepping foot inside a BG

    This is just extra options incase you don't enjoy getting 2 shot when you have no gear to begin with.
    I farmed out my whole 522 set in 2 days doing this.
    right. Pveing for pvp is more efficient and less frustrating. That is exactly what is wrong with the pvp system.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If you ever use battlegrounds to gear up then you are doing it wrong. It's much faster to just spam heroics and convert justice to honor. You should also be killing the rare once a day in krasarang wilds and doing the pvp dailies on the isle of thunder. Who gears up through bg's this expansion? Talk about a frustrating waste of time.
    I geared my rogue and druid in Bgs. Although it was last season, the gear gap was still reasonable. I'd rather do some BGs then Pvzzzzzz...

    OT: Was to be expected I guess? It's like the holiday events that have PvP achievements, except this time it's Christmas all year!

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    right. Pveing for pvp is more efficient and less frustrating. That is exactly what is wrong with the pvp system.
    I agree it's an odd system to use - But at the end of the day it works and it's a hell of a lot quicker then pvping with no gear to begin with.

    even if you only take the 10 mins a day to do the thunder isle dailies, it speeds things up a lot.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I agree it's an odd system to use - But at the end of the day it works and it's a hell of a lot quicker then pvping with no gear to begin with.

    even if you only take the 10 mins a day to do the thunder isle dailies, it speeds things up a lot.
    It is exactly what I have done on all of my characters since the rares in krasarang existed. And I absolutely dread it every time I hit 90. Maybe that is just me.

  5. #25
    Mechagnome Kitti Pryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Coast - US
    Posts
    569
    I couldn't imagine how anyone could go into a BG as a fresh 90. Full-geared, I'm sitting at over 600k hp with my stam buff. I can actually ignore a fresh 90 rogue with 400k hp sitting on my face because of how little damage his ilvl 483 daggers are doing. Even before the Bloody Coin change, I feel like more geared Horde players enter random BGs than geared Alliance players and I really haven't noticed any difference, personally.

    Do I agree with the change? Meh, seems cop-outish to what bloody coin farming was on Timeless, but I haven't seen a direct effect to it yet.

    And 100% JP farm if you can find yourself carried by a geared group. It's infinitely faster than potential 20 min BGs for what could be as little as 200 honor, even if you're random queuing as Alliance. You can get through some dungeons in 5-7 minutes with a good group.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    It is exactly what I have done on all of my characters since the rares in krasarang existed. And I absolutely dread it every time I hit 90. Maybe that is just me.
    I don't dread it at all - I welcome it
    I'll take 10 mins of work over a 10-15 mins Q just to lose and gain like 50 honor
    Geared my toon for BG's in a matter of days only spending a few hours on it a night.
    Spending minimal time in a bg

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I don't dread it at all - I welcome it
    I'll take 10 mins of work over a 10-15 mins Q just to lose and gain like 50 honor
    Geared my toon for BG's in a matter of days only spending a few hours on it a night.
    Spending minimal time in a bg
    Just listen to what I'm saying. I would enjoy if pvping was the more enjoyable route to progress in pvp. a timeless geared player can contribute to an lfr. A crafted pvp/timeless geared pvp'er is essentially a ragdoll in the current state of pvp.

    I am not saying that honor is impossible. I am saying the means to acquire it are awful if you primarily enjoy pvp.

    (Which they are addressing in Draenor so this conversation is kind of silly)

  8. #28
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Just listen to what I'm saying. I would enjoy if pvping was the more enjoyable route to progress in pvp. a timeless geared player can contribute to an lfr. A crafted pvp/timeless geared pvp'er is essentially a ragdoll in the current state of pvp.

    I am not saying that honor is impossible. I am saying the means to acquire it are awful if you primarily enjoy pvp.

    (Which they are addressing in Draenor so this conversation is kind of silly)
    I already agreed with you, that if you enjoy pvp but are not geared, it's hard to swallow that you are forced into a pve situation to be ready to pvp i understand that much for sure.

    Was just stating my opinion on the matter, that is all.
    I like people to be informed of their choices to gear up in a timely manner.

    I will be glad when the new xpac comes out and a lot of this stuff will be addressed.

  9. #29
    There is no point to play bg atm with everyone farming coins. Even your team dont give a s... about other teammates since if they die they get 10 min CD. Bg after bg after bg ...

  10. #30
    I think it'll die off in a few months, but yeah, seeing lots of oaths in BGs now

  11. #31
    Just ask someone to drag you through arenas to cap. 2v2 can be soloed on low rating. That honor gear is just a waste of time.

  12. #32
    I'd advise you to not forget doing TB. About 500 honor per game and mostly bad geared people. Don't forget your team also has those 550 farmers. TBH I am one of those but I didn't really notice any difference in playstyle. But yeah I always premade 5 people so my win % is about 80%

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Just ask someone to drag you through arenas to cap. 2v2 can be soloed on low rating. That honor gear is just a waste of time.
    With the change to arena deserter I'm afraid this will be pretty hard to do now.

  13. #33
    The Patient AndreiBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROmania
    Posts
    319
    i`m 550 full pvp warr and don`t give a f about no bloody coins. what i like to do however is go into bgs and farm ppl farming bloody coins

  14. #34
    So many in full 550 PVP gear players farming coins that even 522 PVP is not going to help you much. That buff itself with so many having it up is causing quite a bit of FPS lag I know my FPS goes in to the toilet when ever I am near a large group of them and I never had that problem prior.

    Brightside more people are PVPing now.

    Edit; One more thing the Bloody coins in BGs has brought about and that is the art of KB stealing and the KB stealers coming out of the woodworks to practice it.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2014-06-27 at 06:52 PM.

  15. #35
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    632
    The only thing which annoys me is how fucking ugly people with the coin look. Oh god, its hideous. Die die die

  16. #36
    censor and oath give x2 bloody coin in timeless that requires killing blows is alot faster if u group up a healer with u. IMO fastest way :3

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    censor and oath give x2 bloody coin in timeless that requires killing blows is alot faster if u group up a healer with u. IMO fastest way :3
    This is pretty much what I do. And when I die I BG' tell the cool down is up and start again. I had around 600 coins before this change and with only a couple hours of legit farming I am right around 200 higher.

  18. #38
    Dreadlord Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    779
    I do feel bad for new players that are trying to collect some honor on their fresh 90's.

    That said, I am stomping players non-stop in BG's right now for Bloody Coins

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Just listen to what I'm saying. I would enjoy if pvping was the more enjoyable route to progress in pvp. a timeless geared player can contribute to an lfr. A crafted pvp/timeless geared pvp'er is essentially a ragdoll in the current state of pvp.

    I am not saying that honor is impossible. I am saying the means to acquire it are awful if you primarily enjoy pvp.

    (Which they are addressing in Draenor so this conversation is kind of silly)
    you don't need x lvl of gear to interrupt, cc, peel, knock people of flags, make call outs-of course the average pug has no concept of these things but that isn't a gear issue.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    You must be alliance. For us horde we cannot simply spam 40 mans against a team of bots/bads and gear up.
    then your doing it wrong, go see if the russians will help you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •