Thread: Emotes in PVP

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Emotes in PVP

I was just in a 2v2, you know, the serious bracket. The match was going along fine, we almost killed one of our opponents a few times but they blew up my DK partner while I was in a stun. We lost, no big deal. Right after they kill the DK the one we almost killed a few times just spams spit on me and that is the one emote I can't handle in pvp, I don't know why but it just chaffs my butt.

Do you peeps have any emote that just pisses you off?

Deleted
    No. Man up.

How does that saying go?

Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me? Something like that. :]

If it actually bothers you just turn off your emotes.

Why are you letting yourself get trolled? Just ignore it.

Deleted
    /lol the sh*t out of them

Plenty of 12-year-old players are going to spam emotes at you during PvP. Just ignore it and move on.

Deleted
    /spit is one of those emotes that tell you a lot about the age of your opponent.
    Just ignore it and move on.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    there was this one time in 2v2 when i was playing healer as well. and they killed my teammate and started spamming lame emotes. unfortunately for them there was no dampening and they were healer dps too, and i had nothing but time... so they tried and failed to kill me for 40min+... till ended in a draw.

Playing a healer I love /lol'ing a DPS that just cant kill me. Especially rogues, they tend to vanish-retreat. Good times!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    there was this one time in 2v2 when i was playing healer as well. and they killed my teammate and started spamming lame emotes. unfortunately for them there was no dampening and they were healer dps too, and i had nothing but time... so they tried and failed to kill me for 40min+... till ended in a draw.
    You're just as bad as the kids that spam emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    You're just as bad as the kids that spam emotes.
    Nah he's far FAR worse.

People who spam emotes are e-hardasses, nothing more. They take the game way too seriously.

People who waste everyone's time by flat out removing the enjoyment from something who's goal is to provide said enjoyment...now that's just effed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I thought emotes were disabled in Arena?
    RETH

I love it when I vs LSD on my ret, and we get dominated, and they have the nerve to spam emotes to us while they are backpeddling at 2300 and Im in the top 15 of my spec in the US.

In all seriousness though, there are in game options to turn off emotes so you do not see them. Personally though, it would probably be better to just have them disabled in instanced PVP. It literally has done nothing but to just cause massive rage from people and is a trolling tool there.

Most of the time I don't even look at my chat during combat, so any emotes shot my way are typically ignored. Once I notice them though, watch out. Believe you me, those uncouth ruffians can expect a very stern wag of my finger in their general direction.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Most of the time I don't even look at my chat during combat, so any emotes shot my way are typically ignored. Once I notice them though, watch out. Believe you me, those uncouth ruffians can expect a very stern wag of my finger in their general direction.
    Lol. I dont notice it until im dead. And thats usually the most demeaning part about them.

Deleted
    In all seriousness though, there are in game options to turn off emotes so you do not see them. Personally though, it would probably be better to just have them disabled in instanced PVP. It literally has done nothing but to just cause massive rage from people and is a trolling tool there.
    Psychological warfare. If emotes like that drop your playing quality then you do not possess one in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Psychological warfare. If emotes like that drop your playing quality then you do not possess one in the first place.
    Yeah, that's definitely what it is, and certainly not a childish imbecile with self control issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not emote, but it annoys the hell out of me when someone thinks they're good after they get carried by their class.

Right-click your chat pane, go into Settings and disable emotes for your designated chat window. You're welcome.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL