Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Bloody Coin Change Impact on BGs

    Ever since the hotfix to Bloody Coins, random battlegrounds have been awful. Everyone is attempting to farm killing blows, camping graveyards, and ignoring objectives. Also, it has caused an influx of 550 players to return to randoms in order to farm fresh 90s. Anyone else aggravated by this? Grinding grievous somehow managed to get worse.

  2. #2
    If you ever use battlegrounds to gear up then you are doing it wrong. It's much faster to just spam heroics and convert justice to honor. You should also be killing the rare once a day in krasarang wilds and doing the pvp dailies on the isle of thunder. Who gears up through bg's this expansion? Talk about a frustrating waste of time.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

  3. #3
    Its a good thing IMO. You might have some geared ppl in your team as well and that helps a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    Ever since the hotfix to Bloody Coins, random battlegrounds have been awful. Everyone is attempting to farm killing blows, camping graveyards, and ignoring objectives. Also, it has caused an influx of 550 players to return to randoms in order to farm fresh 90s. Anyone else aggravated by this? Grinding grievous somehow managed to get worse.
    Disagree, I fully geared my alts within 2 days during the AV bonus weekend.

  4. #4
    Whatever helps lower the BG queues is a welcome change to me. Now I just wish they would reset the cool down on the Oath each time you got a killing blow. Of course, that's hopeful thinking =P

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    Its a good thing IMO. You might have some geared ppl in your team as well and that helps a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Disagree, I fully geared my alts within 2 days during the AV bonus weekend.
    You must be alliance. For us horde we cannot simply spam 40 mans against a team of bots/bads and gear up.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If you ever use battlegrounds to gear up then you are doing it wrong. It's much faster to just spam heroics and convert justice to honor. You should also be killing the rare once a day in krasarang wilds and doing the pvp dailies on the isle of thunder. Who gears up through bg's this expansion? Talk about a frustrating waste of time.
    That used to be true but they really nerfed jp to honor conversion so I'm not too sure this is still the case.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    You must be alliance. For us horde we cannot simply spam 40 mans against a team of bots/bads and gear up.
    There are a couple of people in OQ for us horde. one of them is actually in my guild on KJ and they do 40man premades and we manage to win a great majority of the time.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  8. #8
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    You must be alliance. For us horde we cannot simply spam 40 mans against a team of bots/bads and gear up.
    Right, as horde you just get to spam literally every BG's except for AV or IoC /eyeroll
    OT: As alliance it sucks, as it seems people want to work together even less than usual, but its nice as a horde because the ques are a bit faster.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Right, as horde you just get to spam literally every BG's except for AV or IoC /eyeroll
    OT: As alliance it sucks, as it seems people want to work together even less than usual, but its nice as a horde because the ques are a bit faster.
    "But its nice as a horde because queues are a bit faster"

    Since when are horde queues faster?

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    You must be alliance. For us horde we cannot simply spam 40 mans against a team of bots/bads and gear up.
    I was just thinking the same thing....

    To the OP, it does suck. Horde has been losing a lot lately because of this reason. People are ignoring objectives and just farming HKs. Its like half the team (ok exaggeration but still A LOT) have the buff on them.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That used to be true but they really nerfed jp to honor conversion so I'm not too sure this is still the case.
    It is still the case but doesnt change the fact that doing 3 days of solid heroics is mindfuckingly awful.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade and Soul View Post
    Whatever helps lower the BG queues is a welcome change to me. Now I just wish they would reset the cool down on the Oath each time you got a killing blow. Of course, that's hopeful thinking =P
    A better change would be for Oath to give a chance to drop a coin on an HK that isn't a killing blow, maybe keep it low like 1% to prevent people from leeching their way to get coins. On the other hand, that would probably lead to players playing extremely passive to get coins, thus leading again to them not contributing to the BG.

    I wouldn't want to imagine BG chat were a bunch of Oath users are just farming the 300k health Hunter instead of killing the flag carrier.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  13. #13
    It's also quite weird to see half of the people in a battleground running around in Ordos desguise... We are getting to the point where random BGs are Ordos vs Ordos and not alliance vs horde, I know it doesn't bother majority, but for me it's just weird, I want to see those ugly horde faces before I send them to hell :P

  14. #14
    I promisse I will stop after 54 more blood coins...

    I do feel bad for the low geared chars I kill in BGs, but what can I do? I need blood coins and they are blood coins with legs and a lot of green gear =)

  15. #15
    Not our fault. Blame Blizzard for moving people out of Timeless Isle to do this. and if you are on the same team as people farming this, be glad you have people with proper items i nyour bg.

  16. #16
    I did it with a destro lock. The other people may have the buff but I'm getting the killing blow!

  17. #17
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    It is still the case but doesnt change the fact that doing 3 days of solid heroics is mindfuckingly awful.
    and getting your face stomped in with no gear is better? and it doesn't take 3 full days of jp farming IF you do the other things for honor too.

    the thunder isle dailies alone give you 600-700 honor a day
    add 1 win of the day in a bg ( another 500ish )
    karasang wilds rares ( another 300 )
    If you so wish - you can do wintergrasp ( also kill the Earth,Wind,Fire Boss's Too )
    Then some JP Grinding from Heroics

    All in All you have many ways to get honor without stepping foot inside a BG

    This is just extra options incase you don't enjoy getting 2 shot when you have no gear to begin with.
    I farmed out my whole 522 set in 2 days doing this.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-06-25 at 03:38 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That used to be true but they really nerfed jp to honor conversion so I'm not too sure this is still the case.
    Even with the nerf to conversion farming justice for honor is still pretty good. Each boss grants 140 JP on Heroic so most dungeons yield 250 honor in about 10 minutes, faster with good groups.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Even with the nerf to conversion farming justice for honor is still pretty good. Each boss grants 140 JP on Heroic so most dungeons yield 250 honor in about 10 minutes, faster with good groups.
    3-4 boss's per run - closer to 400-500 JP per run

  20. #20
    TBH Bloody Coins was a fiasco from the start, a "brilliant" Blizz idea how to bring "world pvp" when pvp servers are 90% severely faction imbalanced. Solution: let them farm their own faction. Which meant Timeless Isle on pvp servers transformed from "the place to get gear for noobs in greens" into "the place to be ganked repeatedly, because you're a noob in greens, no one cares if you have the debuff 'doesn't give coins'".

    Now Blizz counted the numbers, subs are dropping, maybe noobs in greens stopped coming to Timeless Isle in enough numbers to give "pvpers" (gankers) enough pleasure, or it was a deterrent for returning players since they couldn't gear their alts without being disturbed every 3 minutes, or whatever reason, so they moved this cancer to bgs. As if we didn't have enough HK farmers in the old times, because of ppl being clueless, wanted to "pwn" or farming some stupid achiev. Now they get another reason to ignore objectives and farm HKs.

    Pvp doesn't need more incentives to farm noobs for HKs, there are people already doing it for sheer pleasure of killing a weaker player, what pvp needs imho is more incentives for teamwork.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •