Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Nah, it don't work like that. Some people, like me, will engage in mid but keep an eye on the outskirts for people running with the flag. Its easier as ranged but melee probably wont be able to watch the outer areas and so just tunnel all day.
    You're the thinking player who actually pays attention to what's happening. Like 99% of non-bot people in random BGs might as well be bots. If I got a $ for every time I won an AB or gilneas by myself because allies just leave a flag alone so they can kill bots in the middle of nowhere, I could probably buy myself a new computer. xD

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The problem is that the Oath's inherit selfish nature doesn't make for people to do the objectives. You thought the whole deal about "not fighting in the middle" was bad before?
    people hardly did the objectives in the first place, and those who didn't typically are the ones doing the coin farming now anyway.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  3. #63
    Epic! Doctor Blithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Throne of the Elements
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    It didn't have that much of an impact Horde-side for me. I would still wait 8-15 minutes between every BG.

    And Alliance queues iirc were already near instant, so...
    Random:
    Horde queues for me were 10 minutes, then reduced to 7 minutes.
    Alliance queues for me were 2 minutes, then reduced to ~30 seconds or so.

    CTA tends to double on both sides.

  4. #64
    So you're complaining about too many noobs AND pros entering BG's.
    Damn.

    If anything that's a good thing.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    So you're complaining about too many noobs AND pros entering BG's.
    Damn.

    If anything that's a good thing.
    Umm no that's not what the complaint is about. It's about people going into bgs ignoring objectives and chasing enemies for killing blows for bloody coins..

  6. #66
    So good more players and less Bots!

    But yeah Bloody coins should have been better designed by
    a) Awarding something to people who deal with Bloody Coins Farmers. Currently only the Ordos Sacrificers get something, which is unfun for everyone else. If there were actual rewards for people who kill BCFarmers then the game would be more fun for everyone.

    b) Awarding coins not just for Killing blows but for completing PvP Objectives and all Roles including Tanks for tanking PvP Boss and also Healers.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  7. #67
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    It is still the case but doesnt change the fact that doing 3 days of solid heroics is mindfuckingly awful.
    Gather 5 friends, spam HCs in no time = profit
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

    Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

  8. #68
    Stood in the Fire Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    407
    I got my 500 Bloody coins last weekend by spamming BG's on my 550 Warrior and it was fun!

    The bad side that I see is that in all those matches, I didnt help reach any sort of objective and I also didnt play on my healer because I cant farm coin on him.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Umm no that's not what the complaint is about. It's about people going into bgs ignoring objectives and chasing enemies for killing blows for bloody coins..
    Well most BGs you can kill people while still doing the objectives... Pursuing the objectives gives you a very good way of getting a killing blow, so Bloody Coins farmers will still be on objectives.

    The exception would be maybe flag BGs and Strand. However, in Strand you have one round where killing spree is THE strategy... And in flag BGs, if you are GY camping the other team, you are preventing the enemy from getting their objective, so even then you are helping your team.

    I don't think Bloody Coins are so hurtfull.

  10. #70
    I would add to the complaint that people don't just run around for killing blows. Due to FireWatcher's Oath having a cooldown, many look into farming killing blows while also staying alive so often times they waltz around the map in the search for favorable engagements (from their point of view) thereby contributing less.

    However, I would say that on average you have an even amount of Coinfarmers on both Factions so it is not like your side Coinfarmers are disrupting the win or anything.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I would add to the complaint that people don't just run around for killing blows. Due to FireWatcher's Oath having a cooldown, many look into farming killing blows while also staying alive so often times they waltz around the map in the search for favorable engagements (from their point of view) thereby contributing less.

    However, I would say that on average you have an even amount of Coinfarmers on both Factions so it is not like your side Coinfarmers are disrupting the win or anything.
    If I'm doing 2-3x your total damage, with 5-6x your total kb, and 0 deathes(not having to wait for a rez), I'm pretty sure I'm contributing more to the game than you are, even if I'm not half afk sitting at blacksmith.

  12. #72
    Epic! Doctor Blithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Throne of the Elements
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Melubyou View Post
    If I'm doing 2-3x your total damage, with 5-6x your total kb, and 0 deathes(not having to wait for a rez), I'm pretty sure I'm contributing more to the game than you are, even if I'm not half afk sitting at blacksmith.
    In some cases, yes, but I've seen games where a Hunter and a few others on the enemy team have gone close to 30-0 and their team still lost.

  13. #73
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If you ever use battlegrounds to gear up then you are doing it wrong. It's much faster to just spam heroics and convert justice to honor. You should also be killing the rare once a day in krasarang wilds and doing the pvp dailies on the isle of thunder. Who gears up through bg's this expansion? Talk about a frustrating waste of time.
    you heard it here folks

    if you're pvping for pvp gear, you're doing it wrong. gotta slay them dargons

    fuck that. i think my brain would hemorrhage and die if i had to put up with that bullshit. shit like this is why people end up honor geared and bitching about x class being op because they don't know how to play their own class.

    edit: not that i care about this bloody coin thing either, but this is just an attitude i'm getting tired of seeing. random battlegrounds are entry level pvp content.

    Gather 5 friends, spam HCs in no time = profit
    if you already have good pve gear you don't need honor gear.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2014-07-07 at 04:11 AM.
    http://www.heroicstrike.org/ - Goodnight, sweet prince

    Melee isn't awful for Challenge Modes; you are. Melee players are a liability for the windows of time in which a tank keeps an enemy mob faced towards them, resulting in an exorbitant loss of damage or death. Melee players are a liability for people who keep rooting mobs next to them. Melee are a liability to a healer that cannot heal.

  14. #74
    Finished this grind after 3 weeks.

    I have to say it was a real treat - I recorded a win ratio of just over 75% (tallied about 350 bg's). As I've been grinding for the wins it's been worth it. I have to say the 'coin farmers' mentality here that some have picked up on are wrong - if you are being kicked by a coin farmer, they're generally doing it to win the objectives anyway. Most efficient way of winning a game 2 bases to 1 where horde have some stealth is to just push them to a static area and kill.

    Noone in the BG's ever complained about it that I noticed, people were more happy to have fully geared people in.

  15. #75
    Stood in the Fire Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    you heard it here folks

    if you're pvping for pvp gear, you're doing it wrong. gotta slay them dargons

    fuck that. i think my brain would hemorrhage and die if i had to put up with that bullshit. shit like this is why people end up honor geared and bitching about x class being op because they don't know how to play their own class.

    edit: not that i care about this bloody coin thing either, but this is just an attitude i'm getting tired of seeing. random battlegrounds are entry level pvp content.



    if you already have good pve gear you don't need honor gear.
    You Spout that doing pve to do pvp is dumb then you proceed to tell us that if you have good pve gear you don't need pvp gear ...... logic

    Learning a class takes nothing but "time"

    I'd rather have a pvp 522 geared person over a pve geared one anyday of the week - I'm sure that 45%+ pvp power does nothing for their pvp effectiveness, am i rite

    It's people with your attitude that is ruining things in my eyes.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-07-07 at 02:59 PM.

  16. #76
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    You Spout that doing pve to do pvp is dumb then you proceed to tell us that if you have good pve gear you don't need pvp gear ...... logic

    Learning a class takes nothing but "time"

    I'd rather have a pvp 522 geared person over a pve geared one anyday of the week - I'm sure that 45%+ pvp power does nothing for their pvp effectiveness, am i rite

    It's people with your attitude that is ruining things in my eyes.
    Yeah, that baseline resilience must have just been put into the game for nothing.

    If I suck at this game and I was killing people in my PvE gear before baseline resil was increased, then yeah, I think that other people should be fine to do Random BGs and cap points in 2s in decent PvE gear. But yeah, hey, what do I know? Fuck me, right?

    Battlegrounds are entry level PvP content. If that's a handful of sour horse pills for you to swallow then that's just tough tits.

    But no, being at a disadvantage like this teaches players the value of defensive play even if gear is way too strong right now. Which, really, a lot of people aren't too keen on outside of popping a few CDs and tanking up. There are people who have been playing since 2004 and have no fucking concept of what offensive pressure is.

    Shit I probably cap and defend more flags than you do running around with this shit 429 gear. But yeah man, if I wanted to PvE more than I already do, I'd have more than 1 character with a welfare legendary. But who's gonna stop me?

    442 yesterday, 497 Today

    They know I’m a dope boy, they don’t have no proof
    I’m three steps removed, I know how to move
    It's looking like I don’t know how to lose
    I'm living life til these niggas kill me
    Turn this up if you niggas feel me

    Who gon stop me?
    http://www.heroicstrike.org/ - Goodnight, sweet prince

    Melee isn't awful for Challenge Modes; you are. Melee players are a liability for the windows of time in which a tank keeps an enemy mob faced towards them, resulting in an exorbitant loss of damage or death. Melee players are a liability for people who keep rooting mobs next to them. Melee are a liability to a healer that cannot heal.

  17. #77
    Stood in the Fire Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Yeah, that baseline resilience must have just been put into the game for nothing.

    If I suck at this game and I was killing people in my PvE gear before baseline resil was increased, then yeah, I think that other people should be fine to do Random BGs and cap points in 2s in decent PvE gear. But yeah, hey, what do I know? Fuck me, right?

    Battlegrounds are entry level PvP content. If that's a handful of sour horse pills for you to swallow then that's just tough tits.
    Just because you can kill a few bads while wearing pve gear, doesn't for one sec mean that everyone is ok to pvp in timeless isle gear. To say that is ignorant.

    Yes you are right when you say BG's are entry level. But guess what? honor gear is also made for entry level play. So why would you want to enter something without at least something "Entry Level" gear wise to help you?

    When you have more then 3-4 ways of getting honor, There's no real reason not to have 522 pvp gear if doing bg's is what you enjoy doing.

    With your logic you would show up to a bike race on foot and say you are on equal ground with all the other racers.

  18. #78
    Scarab Lord Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    4,882
    why should somebody with full gear give a fuck about objectivse anyway? this is nothing new, back in wotlk with full gear I did bgs for fun and only farmed honor kills, I do the same thing nowadays.
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  19. #79
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    Just because you can kill a few bads while wearing pve gear, doesn't for one sec mean that everyone is ok to pvp in timeless isle gear.
    if you cant cap in 2s in timeless gear then there's a pretty good chance that you don't actually know how to play your class at all. pretty much everyone who does 2s @ sub 2k rating is absolutely awful at the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    Yes you are right when you say BG's are entry level. But guess what? honor gear is also made for entry level play. So why would you want to enter something without at least something "Entry Level" gear wise to help you?

    When you have more then 3-4 ways of getting honor, There's no real reason not to have 522 pvp gear if doing bg's is what you enjoy doing.

    With your logic you would show up to a bike race on foot and say you are on equal ground with all the other racers.
    Well if you're that daunted by other players and feel like damage plays that much of a part in your game (which i guess some hunters might feel that way being able to crit people for damn near a quarter of their health when they're over 50%), go ahead and feel free to burn yourself out on PvE. It's why classes like Warrior and Death Knight are so awful to gear; the niche of those classes are the endless amounts of big damage they do. Have almost nothing else going for them. So people just focus them down when undergeared, free HKs.

    But if you're playing a Rogue or a Hunter you have a lot of toys to play with. You can do really great damage, but your class is primarily focused on setting up kills and spreading pressure through CC chains. If you're a hybrid, you can alter the role of your character's specialization.

    Item Level doesn't effect how strong your cc is or many people you knock off LM/EOTS. Item level does nothing to change the fact that I can sap someone too far away from a flag, drop a glyphed smoke bomb and cap it.

    But hey, 512 today
    http://www.heroicstrike.org/ - Goodnight, sweet prince

    Melee isn't awful for Challenge Modes; you are. Melee players are a liability for the windows of time in which a tank keeps an enemy mob faced towards them, resulting in an exorbitant loss of damage or death. Melee players are a liability for people who keep rooting mobs next to them. Melee are a liability to a healer that cannot heal.

  20. #80
    Stood in the Fire Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if you cant cap in 2s in timeless gear then there's a pretty good chance that you don't actually know how to play your class at all. pretty much everyone who does 2s @ sub 2k rating is absolutely awful at the game
    I stopped reading after this.

    Keep spouting about getting burnt out on pve, when it only takes a few days of light pve to get geared. I don't know where you get the idea it takes weeks of grinding pve to get a starter set of gear ( it doesn't btw )

    The way i see it is if you are the one in arenas in timeless gear you sir are the one who is awful at this game and needs to give your head a shake.
    Anyone in pvp gear with half a brain will squash you like a bug.

    One thing i do agree with you on is the fact that at a low ilv you should be focusing on CC ( since you can't put out much dmg ) to help out your team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •