castsequence reset problem

Hi all,

I have a problem here. The following macro is working well with a problem. It does not reset properly.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [harm] reset=9 Penance, Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite; [help,target=targettarget] reset=9 Penance, Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

You aren't spamming this macro expecting it to reset after nine seconds of casting the first spell right? It will only reset when you haven't clicked it for nine seconds.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-06-25 at 10:25 AM.

your macro can be simplified to:

/castsequence [harm][harm,@targettarget] reset=9 Penance, Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite

The current macro you have does not work for the second set of conditionals. [help,target=targettarget] says If the target of my target is friendly. You wouldn't cast holy fire or smite on a friendly target. What I believe you were looking for was if the target of my target is an enemy [harm,@targettarget].

Further, as magicaldandruff said, the reset=9 starts counting after the last time you pressed the macro. Each time you press it the countdown starts again. /castsequence macros CANNOT be used like this to automate the cooldown timings.

...and in case it isn't obvious: the reason that you can't use macros like this is because Blizzard explicitly want you to have to *think* about which spell to cast. They have designed the macro system, etc, specifically to make it impossible to achieve the sort of effect you are talking about here. Bypassing that gets into the gray areas that start to look like exploits and risk bans...

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    You aren't spamming this macro expecting it to reset after nine seconds of casting the first spell right? It will only reset when you haven't clicked it for nine seconds.
    Wow, i didn't know the reset= condition ment leave the button alone for that(this) long