10+ Year Old Account

After playing Monk for a while

It really feels this class is completely dead to me. I still do achievements and rep grinds on my rogue over all else because I have invested so much into my awesome pink mohawked gnome, but honestly don't find it that enjoyable anymore..

All the acrobatics and mobility monk has I feel rogue should have had instead, but alas.. we are still the same boring class with zero revamps since vanilla. Not to mention the resource monk gets is infinitely times better.

I know I should be excited that we FINALLY get CP on rogue, and really it's not even that, it's more like a passive redirect, but I'm not. We should have had that years ago, and it won't make rogue any more fun to play imo just less tedious.

I guess death from above looks cool but doesn't excite me much either. The other 2 talents are just passive garbage. I mean really, energy regeneration based on how many targets we've poisoned lawl good luck using that in pvp. edit: I just saw they removed the carbon copy of honor among thieves and added shadow reflection. Been out of the loop for a while.

I just don't know cletus! In any case, I'll lvl to 100 and probably burn out again and go back to monk. I'll be the guy off in the distance spamming spinning crane kick...

/roguetears

Lol, mobility.. You should learn to burst of speed. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Burst of speed is nothing when playing high end pvp, infinite snares bro

Monk get 20yd incapacitate on 15s cd, roll, flying serpent kick, disable, get rekkkkkt you ain't runnin from shit
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2014-06-25 at 10:15 AM.

High end pvp lol? Anything above 2k will see a hell of a lot more rogues than WWs.
    Don't even get me started on RBGs as a WW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just see a lot of QQ about BoS and it's not end all be all that ppl make it out as.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, there is a lot to Rogues that seem flat right now. Hopefully changes will be made and things will be added/balanced to breath some life into Rogues. However comparing the Rogue kit to the WW kit when it comes to what they bring to the table in PvP is a bad idea because they are entirely different. In my opinion Rogues have one of the highest skill caps in the game in regards to the control and potential on any given battlefield. Sure, as a WW you have a large number of unique things that make them powerful in their own right, but saying that they bring something more/better to the table than Rogues is incorrect because it is comparing apples and oranges.

Pick the class you love and own it. If you don't have fun with rogues anymore, then don't play it. While adding some things to make Rogues more up-to-date is important I'm of the opinion that "if it's not broke, don't fix it". There's a lot to me that is still very fun and engaging while playing Rogue, both in PvE and PvP, and while you're over there spinning crane kicking I'll be chaining together CCs and crazy burst #owning fools on my Rogue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrodesiac View Post
    There's a lot to me that is still very fun and engaging while playing Rogue, both in PvE and PvP

Well said..

I too played a WW in PvE got him to 553 before the 4 upgrade on timeless gear patch. And I enjoyed the monk alot! Still do, but have recently picked my rogue back up and it feels like home. Its coming back to me the immense fun that can be had. Its usually trivial stuff but it makes the rogue unique.

Deleted
    It's the niggly little things that are killing the class for me. Flavour stuff like pickpocketing is great fun, but half the bloody mobs nowadays "don't have pockets". Have to say, I've played a monk too, and I really enjoy the feeling of speed you get from the class, as opposed to rogue, which feels much slower.

The issue I really think is that rogues should be a burst class, which goes completely against what Blizzard wants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Have to say, I've played a monk too, and I really enjoy the feeling of speed you get from the class, as opposed to rogue, which feels much slower.
    Rogue feels slower? Not sure if you're talking pvp or pve but imo nothing even compares to the "felt" speed of a combat rogue 560+ ilvl.

anyone saying Rogues > Monk in high rated pvp forgets that rogues only have like 1 comp. RMD its incredibly op when played well.

Monks are hybrids they have good damage, utility and healing and are not as fragile as rogues. Monks have a lot of nifty things i wish we had and expected to get. If i play wod heck i might give in and boost a monk because I already know I dont really care for any other class but rogue.

The only classes I have not really tried are monks and druids.

WW monks were created by jealous rogue haters in order to take our gear.

But seriously I have a 90 WW monk and my main is combat rogue....at 561ilvl it is a very fast class.....tons of mobility. Unsure of where you are coming from.

Thing about monks is that they work their abilities flow together so much better than rogues. Monk's dual resource system works together with a nice pendulum effect that has a great flow to it. Rogue's on the other hand is rather plain in comparison. Don't get me wrong rogue's have a very solid play style which is probably the reason why they've stayed pretty much the same since the start. But it's pretty basic and a lot of classes have similar abilities yet a better version. I mean hell a lot of those classes have come from a basic mana based spell casting spec to a some form of combo point system.

I feel like stealth should have never been put into the game. Because Rogues get vanish, it seems like everyone wants us to rely on that one special skill that gets us out of any trouble and use that mechanic as survivability for the class. It's blatantly obvious that Monks are the Rogues that do not get stealth. I'm optimistic in WoD with Rogues as they're one of the few classes that have been messed with so far so I feel like it gives us a little bit of an advantage versus other classes and specs that what looks like are getting a whole new makeover. Rogues are still the best and most fun dps class to play in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    it seems like everyone wants us to rely on that one special skill that gets us out of any trouble
    ofc they are. thats the hole conception of the class...assassin? also....GG tryin to vanish and run away with 345435 bleeds on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Rogues are still the best and most fun dps class to play in raids.
    not only. they are way funnier in pvp and i still think rogue is the most unforgiving class in terms of openers, survival and playstyle overall.

On topic - i have a monk. playin him ONLY mw. a few days ago i decided to try ww pvp. got back to the rogue like 5 mins later ( /afk-ed from the BG). To me its dull, boring and with zero control over the oponent. think the stuns, gouge and other stuff are what i am missing but still....comparing it with the rogue its a huge nono for me. tho mw is fun as hell. reminds me of a resto drood but better

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    stealth > not stealth.
    The main reason I haven't rolled a monk to replace my rogue.

Besides I still see rogue being just as much fun in WoD

I leveled a monk and a rogue around the same time.

Monks are definitely OP when it comes to things like pvp survivability. But there is something about their dps rotation that feels... meh... I don't know, I felt like the brew buff thing felt kind of awkward, and the whole healing while damaging thing even as a dps kind of felt weird.

Also only one dps spec. Mut and combat feel different enough to me to keep me engaged, plus I just love the mut rotation, most fun combo/action point based rotation in the game for me (and i've played them all... ret, enhance, ww, feral, spriest, frost mage, destro lock).