Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to completely remove the cap, but even raising it to 2k would be great. Most people aren't that lucky to get 2 items worth upgrading in 1 week alone, so 2 4/4 items a week seems fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Reason for daily,weekly caps is so that you don't get geared in a couple of days and stop paying for their subscription.
    This.

It's pretty obvious. Also same reason why they introduced Warforged items, it's all to keep players subscribed during "down periods".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Reason for daily,weekly caps is so that you don't get geared in a couple of days and stop paying for their subscription.
    This.

It's pretty obvious. Also same reason why they introduced Warforged items, it's all to keep players subscribed during "down periods".

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand who would just stop playing because they've geared up? I think more people are not playing because we are heading into a year of the same content.. not because "we all geared up". But I can understand the .."need"..for a valor cap.

But really, the 100% valor buff + the black prince buff should remain active until the expansion. At this point, does it really matter? It would be a pretty significant QoL changes for current players who are new, just coming back, or those who want to progress with their alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't agree with getting rid of the cap totally, but it should probably be raised (both the total and the weekly). I wouldn't mind seeing a 4k total cap, and a 2k weekly, or maybe no weekly cap at all.
    I was thinking more or the less the same really, maybe double the weekly cap, and triple the total cap - or atleast something along them lines. But I'm not that bothered by what it is now, I (personally, not sure about others) don't often bother with capping the weekly or total cap.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Wouldn't a higher cap also increase the pressure/burden on people that are still progressing? And what's with all those altoholics? They'd have to do twice as many runs (dungeon, scenario, raids, dailies, whatever) to cap. I finished my maingear this week and still have 16 more slots to go for my second gear, that's two more month of paying my subscription and filling lfr/scenario/dungeons and keep the ball rolling, if they'd change that the big hole before 6.0 would just be even bigger, wouldn't it?
    Yes, but a lot less so than entirely removing, and this late in the expansion it likely won't matter. If we were proposing this at the start of Tier 14, I'd have a very different opinion.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    That's the problem, its the end of the xpac and blizzard dont want to give players a few "quality of life" changes just for right now, its the minimum the can do if theyre not gonna give us a patch 5.5 as promised.

I mean, more and more of my guildmates and friends are quitting the game until WoD because THERE'S NOTHING TO DO IN THE GAME other than afk in the shrine.
    There isn't nothing to do in the game there's just nothing THEY want to do in the game. Just because they can't find anything/aren't enjoying anything doesn't mean that other players aren't perfectly happy and enjoying themselves in the game with the loads of content that are available in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to halve the cost of upgrading. Especially for things like boots, belts, rings.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The cap made sense to stop people from over playing (which is what blizz wanted to avoid, people 24/7 running heroics) when it took an hour per heroic to get 70vp.
    Now i cap my toons with heroic scenarios in less than an hour ;P
    Just raise it to say 3k a week and your back at the start.

Deleted
    I agree with you compeltly. They should not remove the cap though but raise it a fair amount. Espcially now with the 4/4 upgrades as you refered to

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    They just need to halve the cost of upgrading. Especially for things like boots, belts, rings.
    Actually, that wouldn't be a really bad idea either IMO.

Valor cap at this point in the expansion seems pointless to me. Blizzard should be encouraging people to nonstop grind shit if they want to because at least they'll be playing.

Does anyone remember half way through 3.3 when they effectively uncapped Frost Emblems? There was an extremely large boom in server activity as everyone started dusting off alts they wouldn't have played otherwise and chain farmed 5 mans and old raids for Frost Emblems to catch their toons up, which also resulted in a spike in pug activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

It was largely there to impose a casual grinding stance and cater to those who complain about those with more time on their hands getting ahead which in turn get those with more time on their hands ether creating alts or bitching about nothing to do every single day. Personally the value of VP has dropped over the expansion so I kinda feel meh to it. The bigger hold back at least in my experience is obtaining the gear in the first place. Sucks sitting at cap with nothing to spend it on just like expansion launch if I didnt do dailies in order to spend the VP I earned. Since then I have never VP capped in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Does anyone remember half way through 3.3 when they effectively uncapped Frost Emblems? There was an extremely large boom in server activity as everyone started dusting off alts they wouldn't have played otherwise and chain farmed 5 mans and old raids for Frost Emblems to catch their toons up, which also resulted in a spike in pug activity.
    Seems I dont remember as I remember daily heroics still being there along with weekly raids and full clears of 10 and 25 man being the weekly "cap". There was however LFD which made chain dungeon running far more convenient to grind and therefore consume them than was practical before hand. Then there was all of 10 man ToC tier gear was available for tokens which could be bought with tokens earned from dungeons beyond the daily frost earning. ToC was still being ran despite being old content and yet oddly when T11 was nerfed players complained it was old and refused to run it. Oh and the ICC buff was getting fairly strong by then which nurtured various boss mechanics combined with a better geared and experienced playerbase.

That is all I remember. PuGing was strong on my realm all throughout WotLK and even Cata so I didnt notice.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-06-25 at 08:05 PM.

There isn't much you can do with valor these days and the cap is simply forced progression gating which can be considered poor design. So what if people want to play all day and farm valor even though others can't, you aren't gaining that much of an advantage because it's not like people replace every item slot on a weekly basis (on mains at-least). Also if you were to do this it would probably only take 2-3 days at most before valor is worthless again. Furthermore it would provide incentive to play alts during the content drought without said forced progression halting gear acquirement / upgrades and cloaks.

OP, you should rather have said Get ride off all gated content.

People should feel free to play inn whatever damn way they want to. Gating sucked when it was mostly invented (WOTLK) and it sucks now.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

It is a bit lame when you get upgrades and you know you can't use them because you had same slots 6-7ilvls lower but 2/4 before the patch (or 4/4 post). Have a lot of stuff in my lock's bags that I can't use for over 3 weeks
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-06-25 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Gating sucked when it was mostly invented (WOTLK) and it sucks now.
    Rose-tinted, much? There's always been gating in some form or another in WoW and MMOs before it. It wasn't suddenly in WOTLK that they started gating content and invented the concept.

Deleted
    I don't know, it would mean that we'll be farming endless valor all the time, since every new item 1k vp for full upgrade.

I'd like it to be removed as well, but thats mostly the OCD kicking in when everything isnt 4/4 upgraded.

But yeah, on alts getting heroic items from upgraded normal this really is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Rose-tinted, much? There's always been gating in some form or another in WoW and MMOs before it. It wasn't suddenly in WOTLK that they started gating content and invented the concept.
    Sure wasen't, witch is why I said mostly. TBC has gating aswell inn how terms off many badges you could farm, daylies, and then vanilla has raid lockout and X 5 mans you could enter pr. hour. But these things are all pretty minor compared to what we have now days.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes the valor cap of 1000 is kind low and espically if you are on the ledgenary quest part which takes 3 weeks to complete for 3000 valor points

this will be my 3rd time and I have to say I don't mind running the old instances get the titan stones and relic and so on but what I hate is the 3 week grind on valors

would be wonderful if they could change this since we are late on in the expansion but sadly we will get a lot off unhappy people complaining about it