Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I would put this as my facebook status if it wasn't possible to out me that way.
    There's no shame in having a Gheld quote in your signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    The very framework of our culture is built to support this monstrosity. As long as most people are flying a dollar sign flag behind their SUV and shouting "North, 'Murica!" on their way to spend the majority of their waking hours at work (almost every job of course being centered around reinforcing the status quo), and taking whatever tiny little scraps they are thrown back by the monopolizers in order to quell their temper over the fact that either they or somebody else around them is getting fucked on a regular basis then this news story is just another drop of spit in the ocean.
    How dare people enjoy their lives when they could be spending 24x7 engaged in guerrilla warfare against the status quo John Connor-style, right?

Maybe one day I'll get good enough at bullshit conspiracy theories to engage you on your level. Until then, I'll have to get by watching 'National Treasure 2' so I can learn about the Free Masons from Nick Cage.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never heard of this company before, but their product seems pretty cool.
    What loss are the broadcast company incurring by this company offering the service they offer? These same people could buy themselves an antenna and get the same service. Instead, this company does the same thing, and creates an infrastructure to deliver that service online, which is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    How dare people enjoy their lives when they could be spending 24x7 engaged in guerrilla warfare against the status quo John Connor-style, right?

Maybe one day I'll get good enough at bullshit conspiracy theories to engage you on your level. Until then, I'll have to get by watching 'National Treasure 2' so I can learn about the Free Masons from Nick Cage.
    The best part about this, is he is talking exactly about people like you. You are so wrapped up in YOUR life, and how YOU are doing fine, that YOU don't care that MOST OTHER PEOPLE are struggling to even get by. YOU don't care about the lives of others, just yourself. Which is the same mindset that our entire political system has. It amazes me that people like you are even willing to say something at all, considering that you know you are in the wrong, and are just a self centered, scum bag, who doesn't understand that the basic necessities of life should be granted to ALL, not just those with money. Things like food, shelter, medical help, and in todays world things like Internet. These are all things that are needed to get by for a lot of people. And it's people like YOU who would deny those things because it cuts into your bottom dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    The best part about this, is he is talking exactly about people like you. You are so wrapped up in YOUR life, and how YOU are doing fine, that YOU don't care that MOST OTHER PEOPLE are struggling to even get by. YOU don't care about the lives of others, just yourself. Which is the same mindset that our entire political system has. It amazes me that people like you are even willing to say something at all, considering that you know you are in the wrong, and are just a self centered, scum bag, who doesn't understand that the basic necessities of life should be granted to ALL, not just those with money. Things like food, shelter, medical help, and in todays world things like Internet. These are all things that are needed to get by for a lot of people. And it's people like YOU who would deny those things because it cuts into your bottom dollar.
    The worst is being in a position where you have it, but you are low enough on the social ladder that you know lots of people who don't. I help who I can. And yet the people I do help, are just a little scratch on the surface. I know there's people who have it even worse. Ultimately though I have to go to work, to maintain employment so that I don't join them at the bottom. No, I'm not a fast food worker. But because I work in the food industry, often the end game to what I do for a living, is a hamburger. Most of my waking hours ultimately put a hamburger on some fatasses plate, who doesn't need a fucking hamburger, so I can make some guys in the US, who were born billionaires, even richer.

That's my fucking life. That's a lot of people's lives. And there's not a damn thing I can do to change it. I wake up, I bust my ass off, I take care of myself, I give my friends and family a hand up, and at the end of the day I go to sleep, and wake up and repeat that day.

Yeah, I have an SUV and a few nice things. I bought them before I realized what a pile of shit existence they represented. Maybe I have a unique perspective because I started at the bottom. My dad was willing to let me stay at home and go to university on his dollars. But I wanted to see life for all that it was. So I started at the bottom, or pretty close to it, with just the clothes on my back and a junky old 89 Cavalier. I started out in a world where friend, foe, neighbor, etc. people all looked out for each other. Money wasn't an issue because nobody had any. If you were hungry you thought about food, or if you were horny you thought about sex. And slowly worked my way up into a world (and for a while participated) where people only give a shit about ME, MYSELF and MY MONEY.

They throw around all these Tea Party talking points like it's a fucking religion. I was right there pulling on that harp. Boastful of having ascended to the middle class. I worked my ass off, afterall, why should I give up a single dime to anybody else?

Hell, I even read Atlas Shrugged cover to fucking cover. I became an evangelical Reaganomicist. But scientific method has always been a passion of mine. Science has the burden of having to be 100% right 100% of the time. Any exceptions to a rule mean that rule is gone. I worked for a company and worked hard and it was able to weather the economic crisis of 2008. The company managed to increase it's revenue significantly. The government eased pressures on businesses to help them get through tougher economic times. But it sure as fuck didn't trickle down. The company figured out it could increase it's revenues even further by cutting everyone's bonuses, and the labour market has been too shitty since to give anybody anywhere else to go.

The laws of Reaganomics ceased to mean anything. I was lucky because the economic demigods fucked me slowly and gently. I'm just giving everyone a friendly warning that one day they'll fuck you too. So you better hope the labour laws are strong enough to keep you from falling off your high horse.

But I look around now, I see people all around me trying to get back on their feet, or on their feet to begin with but they can't. I've been a much more patient and generous person since.

But if there's 500,000 workers, and 450,000 jobs to go around, even if all 500,000 of them are tired for world's best employee, 50,000 of them are fucked. Words like "entitlement" and "personal responsibility" and "competition" are just moral acrobatics to get around "I don't give a fuck."

But watch your Karma because the next time the music is stops it could be you without a chair.

10+ Year Old Account
    But watch your Karma because the next time the music is stops it could be you without a chair.
    I don't even remember what we were talking about, but *slow clap*
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    There is no reason to insult him over it. Nor does your amazement of him saying something, have any higher ground, than when you are saying this shit on a god damn video game forum. Get off your high horse and look in the mirror... It's hard for me to believe that other then health related hard times, anyone that can post on this forum is truly suffering.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst is being in a position where you have it, but you are low enough on the social ladder that you know lots of people who don't. I help who I can. And yet the people I do help, are just a little scratch on the surface. I know there's people who have it even worse. Ultimately though I have to go to work, to maintain employment so that I don't join them at the bottom. No, I'm not a fast food worker. But because I work in the food industry, often the end game to what I do for a living, is a hamburger. Most of my waking hours ultimately put a hamburger on some fatasses plate, who doesn't need a fucking hamburger, so I can make some guys in the US, who were born billionaires, even richer.
    When I was in high school, I worked for Boston Market. I needed the job, because when I moved in with my mom, I was responsible for half of the rent and utilities. Yes, there were shitbag customers... There always are. That said, I did a good job, and I kept pretty positive, because for every asshole, there is a couple or a family that is out to eat as their treat for the month. You don't know them and I don't know them. I'm sure that the owner (a guy that would stop by my house if I needed a ride in, and used have us all make something to take with us at the end of the night) paid franchise fees, but someone getting rich was a byproduct of our company providing people with a dining option that they valued enough to pay for it.

That's my fucking life. That's a lot of people's lives. And there's not a damn thing I can do to change it. I wake up, I bust my ass off, I take care of myself, I give my friends and family a hand up, and at the end of the day I go to sleep, and wake up and repeat that day.
    Just doing what you do helps to change it. The way you represent yourself, support a family structure, even posting political ramblings on a gaming forum... All of these things contribute to the broadcasting of a point of view. That's not all you can do, but it's a start.

Yeah, I have an SUV and a few nice things. I bought them before I realized what a pile of shit existence they represented. Maybe I have a unique perspective because I started at the bottom. My dad was willing to let me stay at home and go to university on his dollars. But I wanted to see life for all that it was. So I started at the bottom, or pretty close to it, with just the clothes on my back and a junky old 89 Cavalier. I started out in a world where friend, foe, neighbor, etc. people all looked out for each other. Money wasn't an issue because nobody had any. If you were hungry you thought about food, or if you were horny you thought about sex. And slowly worked my way up into a world (and for a while participated) where people only give a shit about ME, MYSELF and MY MONEY.
    If you started at the bottom, you're the kid I thought was lucky to grow up rich. My father was a drug dealing fugitive that kidnapped me when I was three and abandoned me in the wilderness outside Amarillo on my eighth birthday. My stepfather was abusive and turned out to be a rapist. My mother for a long time was so strung out on drugs that I had custody of my half-brother starting at 19. I had a 4.4 in HS and a 1510 on the SAT, but I only have a semester of community college under my belt. Didn't get a driver's license until I was 28, never made more than $14K until I was 29. My wife and I share a car. We rent a decent home, we have some toys, but we can't start a family because the reproductive freedoms granted by the ACA only cover preventing pregnancy. Yet, through it all, I know how fortunate I am- not just on the world stage, but even in this country.

They throw around all these Tea Party talking points like it's a fucking religion. I was right there pulling on that harp. Boastful of having ascended to the middle class. I worked my ass off, afterall, why should I give up a single dime to anybody else?
    I'm not particularly boastful, and I understand the advantages that I had in climbing up to my awesome $12/HR job. I fully appreciate the struggle, and feel that we should have a much more comprehensive system in place to promote economic equality. I wouldn't even mind paying more taxes than I do, were they actually going to productive policies that worked on the causes of generational poverty, rather than the symptoms.

Hell, I even read Atlas Shrugged cover to fucking cover. I became an evangelical Reaganomicist. But scientific method has always been a passion of mine. Science has the burden of having to be 100% right 100% of the time. Any exceptions to a rule mean that rule is gone. I worked for a company and worked hard and it was able to weather the economic crisis of 2008. The company managed to increase it's revenue significantly. The government eased pressures on businesses to help them get through tougher economic times. But it sure as fuck didn't trickle down. The company figured out it could increase it's revenues even further by cutting everyone's bonuses, and the labour market has been too shitty since to give anybody anywhere else to go.
    The labor market isn't shitty- it just is what it is. It's the end result of technological and economical efficiency. That wouldn't even be a bad thing, had the government planned for and enacted policies to relieve the excess supply of labor.

The laws of Reaganomics ceased to mean anything. I was lucky because the economic demigods fucked me slowly and gently. I'm just giving everyone a friendly warning that one day they'll fuck you too. So you better hope the labour laws are strong enough to keep you from falling off your high horse.

But I look around now, I see people all around me trying to get back on their feet, or on their feet to begin with but they can't. I've been a much more patient and generous person since.

But if there's 500,000 workers, and 450,000 jobs to go around, even if all 500,000 of them are tired for world's best employee, 50,000 of them are fucked. Words like "entitlement" and "personal responsibility" and "competition" are just moral acrobatics to get around "I don't give a fuck."

Personal responsibility and competition have a place. Making shitty decisions will always have shitty outcomes. If you want to believe the worst about people when it comes to their intentions, why do you expect me or anyone else to believe the best about them when it's time for the sob story?

I've heard some whales' tales on this site alone, and you know what? I have put it out there on multiple occasions on these pages... If you(not you personally, but if you need it, come on over) really have it that bad, save up a few bucks, beg or borrow a bus ticket. Shit, if you live within a state, give me your address. I have 2 empty rooms in my house right now. I will feed you and house you while you find a job. When you get it, pay what you can. I've made the offer maybe nine times- 7 on this site, one to a personal friend, one to a 'homeless' guy and his dog. I still have two empty rooms.

You can form your opinions about whatever groups you want to stereotype. Just remember that there are real people out there, and whatever statistic you want to look at, it doesn't tell you shit about the specific person in front of you.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shocking....no wait its the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the ruling from an NFL prospective:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-aereo-case/

Networks score big win in Aereo case

The NFL and other sports leagues supported the efforts of the networks to protect their broadcast assets.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi