Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I genuinely don't believe in a reasonable expectation of privacy on the internet.
    I think you've talked yourself into that position as a way to rationalize the end outcome that you find most appealing and that's about it. The notion that one doesn't have a reasonable expectation of privacy when sending an E-mail or text message is so fundamentally indefensible that the most charitable interpretation I can come up with is that people don't really believe it, but are just kind of muddling along and fudging that part of the argument.

I guess it's possible that I shouldn't be that charitable and should just acknowledge that I'm dealing with people that I would personally find distasteful and dishonest more broadly, but I don't like that interpretation much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    if you vote democrat you have to agree with everything they do! period!
    Makes it easier to call people names and shake your fist at the internet. Makes it easier to ignore nuance.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Makes it easier to call people names and shake your fist at the internet. Makes it easier to ignore nuance.
    Neither of which is what I did, but it's exactly what you (and others here) did (re: Thomas, Scalia, Alito). Thanks for reinforcing my point.
    Last edited by Adhemar; 2014-06-26 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    if you vote democrat you have to agree with everything they do! period!
    Yeah, like the posters on this forum ever give people who vote Republican the same courtesy
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Yeah, like the posters on this forum ever give people who vote Republican the same courtesy
    mhm, all of them
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    It's a very good day for the freedom to privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hone-searches/

Good news. Hopefully this will be some good ammunition for the anti-domestic surveillance crowd.
    Hopefully teachers will get cracked down on for things just like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Hopefully teachers will get cracked down on for things just like this.
    Teachers? Really? I don't even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Teachers? Really? I don't even.
    Teachers confiscating and rummaging through student phones seems to be a thing in the USA.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The ruling, 9-0 (WTF even Scalia???) strongly implies a constitutional right to data privacy imo.
    Shouldn't be surprised Scalia went along with that. He's a constructionist, and the fact is, he penned CRAWFORD which has turned out to be kind of a mess to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Teachers confiscating and rummaging through student phones seems to be a thing in the USA.
    So uh ... Lock your phone? Or don't use it in school, since it's probably banned there, anyway? Unless said teacher has the power to arrest you, I don't think I care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Shouldn't be surprised Scalia went along with that. He's [...]
    ... always on the defensive side of the Fourth Amendment. Which anyone who knows anything about Supreme Court jurisprudence would know, so anyone "surprised" by this decision is actually surprised by their own ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm seriously amazed. I haven't read the full text of this one, but Scalia, Thomas, and Alito all on board? Wow.
    lol Yeah, all sorts of 9-0's lately, someone must have some serious dirt on the dirtier dirtbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    lol Yeah, all sorts of 9-0's lately, someone must have some serious dirt on the dirtier dirtbags.
    Or, perhaps the more obvious solution applies and our Statist-in-Chief's Constitutional worldview is so warped and distorted that he has actually been successful at keeping his campaign promise of uniting liberals and conservatives ... Against himself. I have to say I find it a little shocking when a liberal "Constitutional law professor" gets repeatedly rebuked with unanimous ruling after unanimous ruling on every Constitutional position he takes. I know Occam's Razor is a tough concept, though, so feel free to cling to those conspiracy theories. I understand they can be as comforting as religion and guns.