Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    EA? EA didn't publish Space Marine, THQ did after acquiring the license for the 40k IP from Games Workshop. It was developed by Relic, who also have nothing to do with EA.
    wow jump my ass about a simple mistake, sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    wow jump my ass about a simple mistake, sheesh!
    Didn't mean to! Just correcting information, because it's surprisingly common to mistake developers/publishers. I know I've done it more than a time or two.

Deleted

Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade, Referral Code

If you haven't made a profile at https://www.eternalcrusade.com/ yet, feel free to use my Referral Code should you choose to do so.

The Referral Code: EC-HWOFR3RPQG89I

Q: What do you get if I use the code?
    A: Nothing, unless you decide to become a Founder as well. If you do, I get a recruitment point.

Q: What do I get for using the code?
    A: You get 4000 Rogue Trader Points (RTP) which you can use to buy items from the Founder Store.

If you're not familiar with the game, I can tell you that it's an upcoming Warhammer 40K MMO 3rd person shooter. As for how the game plays; imagine that THQ's Space Marine had a love child with Planetside 2. For more detailed information on the game I'd recommend this thread: http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/thre...-crusade.1959/

If you'd like to see some snack-sized bits of pre-alpha gameplay, go to the official youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxH...RQV6lXTf41xEeg

If you'd like a slightly larger portion of pre-alpha gameplay, there's also this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H7LEecCB0&feature=kp

If you're interested and wants to know more about the Founder program, here is the official FAQ: https://www.eternalcrusade.com/faq#founder-sheet-faq
    Last edited by mmoc1119638637; 2014-06-27 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Hi, this is a friends referal code in case you are signing up for the game

EC-7FX2HMXUKQ6H2

And here is mine

EC-YCPBFM8FJTOEW

I am gonna buy the founders pack, I have been hyped for this for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

Their own forums are quite great for discussing anything in-depth regarding 40k or the game, I always dreamed of a game like this and I think the team is doing a great job so far.

There is stuff being updated on the media section too, like this trailer.

Oh and this interview, I love how they even planned to make Orks the completely F2P faction and allowing to progress completely having in mind immersion.

Everything feels right, I need to help found and forge this into the game I want, and it already feels like it.

I am betting it will be like spacemarine multiplayer + planetside 2 but I have no idea how they will handle the sorcerers or apothecaries or eldar classes at all.
    I just hope the damn chainaxe is going to go back to being a true chainweapon, not a power weapon like is was in space marine...

Blood for the Blood God!, Skulls for the throne of Khorne!

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't mean to! Just correcting information, because it's surprisingly common to mistake developers/publishers. I know I've done it more than a time or two.
    no worries, was just playing around. :P

Wait a second... the game is still even Pre-Beta or even Alpha, and the Game store is online, with basically next to no informations, which additional items will come, how the specific stuff works, and we got multiple bundles, even costing more than 400$? This sounds ridiculous.
    Do we even know, when exactly the game will launch? This is far to early. In addition we got those limited edition guns, which are ridiculously expensive... This seems just to be pretty unreliable to me... although I really love the 40k universe, the Legion of the Damned skin and the Boltgun look pretty cool... We don't know enough.

It is far to soon for a preorder and a Game store.

Holy shit, 35 dollars for one gun? What kind of insane prices are these?

They are just cosmetic stuff for the rogue trader shop (and not any cosmetic stuff I find worth it) so no reason to complain about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    They are just cosmetic stuff for the rogue trader shop (and not any cosmetic stuff I find worth it) so no reason to complain about it.
    This wont be pay to win right? you will only be able to cosmetic stuff with real money? I would hate if this becomes P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaena View Post
    This wont be pay to win right? you will only be able to cosmetic stuff with real money? I would hate if this becomes P2W.
    They haven't announced too many details about the business model.

But honestly, I'm trying hard to thing of any blatant Western developed P2W MMO/psuedo-MMO's off the top of my head and the closest I can come to is Blacklight Retribution, and it's not even bad in that game.

Im sorry but first of all they give away some sort of cash shop IE the rogue trader. Fuck that. Then they say how 4 character slots is 40$ value? The fuck is the day that you have to pay for each and every new toon. This is a beyond stupid grab for money if you only get one toon with the game key and have to PAY for each additional toon slot. Specially in this modern day in age. Lets not forget the last warhammer game that came out and did so well. This reminds me so much of the hellgate london packs that they offered, i was so tempted but didnt and im glad i didnt, Great game just lost touch. I dont think any of these companys should be doing this shit in a vain attempt to rake in as much as they can BEFORE people get to play and see wether the game is worth a shit or not. 2 of the longest lasting and most successfull mmos didnt have any of this shit nor need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im sorry but first of all they give away some sort of cash shop IE the rogue trader. Fuck that. Then they say how 4 character slots is 40$ value? The fuck is the day that you have to pay for each and every new toon. This is a beyond stupid grab for money if you only get one toon with the game key and have to PAY for each additional toon slot. Specially in this modern day in age. Lets not forget the last warhammer game that came out and did so well. This reminds me so much of the hellgate london packs that they offered, i was so tempted but didnt and im glad i didnt, Great game just lost touch. I dont think any of these companys should be doing this shit in a vain attempt to rake in as much as they can BEFORE people get to play and see wether the game is worth a shit or not. 2 of the longest lasting and most successfull mmos didnt have any of this shit nor need it.
    Um...bro, paying for additional character slots in F2P MMO/online games has been standard for like, well over half a decade by now.

I mean, be skeptical of selling founder packs this early and all (long before there's any playable build of the game), but selling character slots is nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, $10 per slot is pretty steep if that is what it actually is. (I haven't checked the pricing at all for anything)

I think the whole concept of selling big packs for the game like this before its even out is a horrible practice that should end. The extent of it should be normal edition, special edition and collectors eddition on release day. Not these 450$ packs with lots of ingame currency and a fancy title.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I think the whole concept of selling big packs for the game like this before its even out is a horrible practice that should end. The extent of it should be normal edition, special edition and collectors eddition on release day. Not these 450$ packs with lots of ingame currency and a fancy title.
    Nobody's forcing you to buy them. If people want to support the company, it's their own money at risk. If it helps the developers deliver a better game, how is that a horrible practice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Buying weapon skins is nothing new, planetside 2 sells weapons for around 20-30$ to.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-06-29 at 10:14 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Buying weapon skins is nothing new, planetside 2 sells weapons for around 20-30$ to.
    Looking through the guns, I don't see a single one above $20 in Planetside 2. Heck, the majority are under around $7 a pop.

Looking through the guns, I don't see a single one above $20 in Planetside 2. Heck, the majority are under around $7 a pop.
    Hmm i remember them costing alot more, but yeah anything over 10-15 is to expensive for one gun.

I bought the Captain pack as i love the universe and i did not buy as many games on the steam sale as i expected so i had some money to spend.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-06-29 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hmm i remember them costing alot more, but yeah anything over 10-15 is to expensive for one gun.

I bought the Captain pack as i love the universe and i did not buy as many games on the steam sale as i expected so i had some money to spend.
    You're a brave individual to purchase a pack on pure hope. I know I'm holding off on even considering buying any packs until they start showing off some actual gameplay at the very least, but ideally until folks can get their hands on early builds of the game and give their reactions to it.

You're a brave individual to purchase a pack on pure hope. I know I'm holding off on even considering buying any packs until they start showing off some actual gameplay at the very least, but ideally until folks can get their hands on early builds of the game and give their reactions to it.
    Yeah it's a wildcard seeing as we have not seen proper gameplay yet, but between the steam sale and not being subbed to wow atm it's fine. Was like 150$ and you get the game on launch some early access and shit load off points to spend i the shop on cosmetic stuff. If the game completely flops well then the jokes are on me for throwing money at it but i would never buy the packs for 450$ that's insane.

Game sounds interesting, but putting money into it now I will not do. Too much of a chance that Im just pouring money down a rathole