Deleted

Losing track of inhales/exhales

Hey, I have recently rerolled Warlock and i'm having some annoying trouble managing Soul swap.

Whilst I have several decent ranks and am by no means a bad player - there is one EXTREMELY nooby mistake I just keep on making, particularly on a fight like protectors HC.

As I am spreading my buffed DoTs around with everything up, I lose track of what I have inhaled from, which leads to me attempting to exhale onto the same target. Not only does this lose a TON of DoT time , its practically wasted globals and completely throws me off. I don't understand how im doing it but it keeps happening and it's infuriating.

I usually Inhale -> Switch target -> Haunt -> Exhale, which means my switch target needs to be fast within a GCD

However I see some people Inhale -> Haunt/MG -> Switch target -> Exhale, which seems to give people more time in changing targets smoothly. Is this the better option?

So basically

a) Which of the above is preferable or does it not matter?
    b) Is there anyway to have the generic Inhale/exhale weak aura glow red if you are targeting what you have just inhaled from? I don't understand how you would make one of these - but I know WA can do some crazy stuff so just a long shot there.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Instead of selecting targets via nameplates, you may find it easier to use Unit Frames instead.

For example I use elvui, and the boss nameplates are arranged vertically on the right side of my screen.

It's very easy to just work from top to bottom this way, and means you won't get confused who you swapped from if you practice your methodical approach.

I'm pretty shit at Affliction in the grand scheme of things, but I manage my Doom's as Demonology this way, and the rare time I bust out Affliction I sometimes do it as outlined above.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucixo View Post
    Hey, I have recently rerolled Warlock and i'm having some annoying trouble managing Soul swap.

Whilst I have several decent ranks and am by no means a bad player - there is one EXTREMELY nooby mistake I just keep on making, particularly on a fight like protectors HC.

As I am spreading my buffed DoTs around with everything up, I lose track of what I have inhaled from, which leads to me attempting to exhale onto the same target. Not only does this lose a TON of DoT time , its practically wasted globals and completely throws me off. I don't understand how im doing it but it keeps happening and it's infuriating.

I usually Inhale -> Switch target -> Haunt -> Exhale, which means my switch target needs to be fast within a GCD

However I see some people Inhale -> Haunt/MG -> Switch target -> Exhale, which seems to give people more time in changing targets smoothly. Is this the better option?

So basically

a) Which of the above is preferable or does it not matter?
    b) Is there anyway to have the generic Inhale/exhale weak aura glow red if you are targeting what you have just inhaled from? I don't understand how you would make one of these - but I know WA can do some crazy stuff so just a long shot there.

Thanks.
    I use stacking nameplates (option under the default menu) and swap around using those. As long as you aren't completely repositioning yourself from one side of the room to the other, they stay pretty static in how they stack. The method above ONLY works on enemies categorized as "Boss" so you wouldn't be able to swap to any adds on protectors, norushen, etc using that method. But with this method, you can swap around relatively easily.

Yes it is best practice to haunt or mg after an inhale, but you have to be very quick. You have 3 seconds to exhale and exhale is on the GCD, so you have to make sure you aren't waiting on the GCD when it comes time to exhale. Here's some more info on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXymugBjoJQ

Hope this helps!

Try this out and see if it helps you understand what I am saying: http://www.twitch.tv/lunyyyy/c/4322889