Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically, every weapon has a socket now plus 4 other primary affixes. HUGE.
    Well... We went from trying to max out the damage and stat and getting +10% damage and socket on a weapon, to trying to max out the damage and stat and getting +10% damage and +7% IAS on a weapon.

This new item, assuming it works on pre 2.1 items (it should?), obviously allows people to use those weapons they've already found with the aforementioned stats that they haven't rolled a socket on, but other than that, we're still minmaxing weapons, just differently now.

Basically this new item is worth +7% IAS (or whatever the max was, if I remember wrong.) Sure, it may open a little bit of variety in weapons but I don't know really. You'll still basically have to hit 3/4 primaries (damage, stat, +% damage) to get a good weapon.

Its also worth 10% CDR, which is massive

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well... We went from trying to max out the damage and stat and getting +10% damage and socket on a weapon, to trying to max out the damage and stat and getting +10% damage and +7% IAS on a weapon.

This new item, assuming it works on pre 2.1 items (it should?), obviously allows people to use those weapons they've already found with the aforementioned stats that they haven't rolled a socket on, but other than that, we're still minmaxing weapons, just differently now.

Basically this new item is worth +7% IAS (or whatever the max was, if I remember wrong.) Sure, it may open a little bit of variety in weapons but I don't know really. You'll still basically have to hit 3/4 primaries (damage, stat, +% damage) to get a good weapon.
    Well, a guaranteed socket (which is more than simply mandatory) is what will make viable way more weapon drops. Now, as soon a weap has 2 bad stats, it'a automatically garbage. With this item, we don't have to worry about rolling a socket through the mystic, which opens up definitely more options.

There will always be perfect stat rolls, but socket will be one that we can take off the roll table.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Disintegrate nerf is bullshit. It's not even as if the skill is OP in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    That Disintegrate nerf is bullshit. It's not even as if the skill is OP in any way.
    All nerfs are stupid, but especially when it comes to already weak abbilities yes. Should just buff all abblities so we could eventueally say that all spec's/elements are useable.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Strongest specc by far atm is MM/Hydra with the Hydra wand. Still pale in comparison to Crusader, WD, Monk on greater rifts 30+
    I don't have the Hydra wand but can attest that MM/Hydra with the Massive rune is far stronger than my build on live. It's mostly a fire-based build and it rocks along on the PTR.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't play on high torment levels so the wizard buffs are good for me. I like using blizzard and hydra so its nice of them to get buffed. Now I am just waiting on them to do something with force weapon/familiar to not make me feel like I'm gimping myself by not using them.

I think it would also be pretty interesting if they could up with more runes for our class skills.

So I had a thought. Greater rift bosses, for me at least, dropped 1 to 3 legs every kill regardless of level. If you were not into the leaderboard AND rifts get harder as you go up in levels AND you skip levels if you do well wouldn't it stand to reason you should not try to finish low level rifts early? That is again if you are just in it for loot

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    So I had a thought. Greater rift bosses, for me at least, dropped 1 to 3 legs every kill regardless of level. If you were not into the leaderboard AND rifts get harder as you go up in levels AND you skip levels if you do well wouldn't it stand to reason you should not try to finish low level rifts early? That is again if you are just in it for loot
    I think when you've reached a certain level of gear running normal rifts is better loot-wise; they become progressively easier, and you have a lot more chances of dropping legendaries because every mob cna drop it, while on GR all loot is moved to the end boss.

GR are made to be a challenge, but i can see people "failing" them on purpose to stay on low levels and breeze through them if last boss has a guaranteed legendary drop.

I sorta like the idea of the greater rifts and the new socketing item. The latter of which I have no experience with yet. But I did try my hand at some greater rifts and they were pretty lackluster.

These greater rifts are not too interesting on their own. I would have liked to see some more invention or creativity besides an inverted timer bar to the greater rifts. Though the inversion is an effective psychological trick. In terms of gameplay there is nothing that the greater rifts promote other than speed of kill.

Not that I minded the slight design pressure to mix up the stagnated build paths of D3. Overall it id just far too linear, too vertical.

Anyone think the changes are underwhelming?

I would like to see rifts with various challenges baked in rather than just the overt "faster, harder" simplicity we have now. As I said, I like the concept of greater rifts but I wish there was more to it all.

Perhaps allowing you to choose additional challenges for better loot chances could have been a more interesting route?

I know Greater Rift leaderboard will be measured in how far you get in the tier and after that your end time on last tier. But how exatly have they planned on measuring season ladder?? If its only by higest paragon level, i will be really... REALLY dissapointed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I know Greater Rift leaderboard will be measured in how far you get in the tier and after that your end time on last tier. But how exatly have they planned on measuring season ladder?? If its only by higest paragon level, i will be really... REALLY dissapointed.
    On ladder there will be objective based system(basically an achievement system) and the Tiered rift system. The highest Paragon thingy has been scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    On ladder there will be objective based system(basically an achievement system) and the Tiered rift system. The highest Paragon thingy has been scrapped.
    Sound very good, hope it will be fun, and i am hoping they system dont allow bots too be a problem.

Bumping with latest news HERE.

Some very nice additions/fixes and many ability changes to provide more diversity and viability for less used skills.

Cannot wait for my cold build to be played

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    It's obvious that they are trying to make it better without just making it better. But standing still for that long is probably not every going to happen. Would be nice if the damage was not lost completely when spell is cancelled and instead decayed in similar fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing much on Crusader. I still feel underwhelmed with the class.

I've seen a YT covering some of the new legendary gems. Looks pretty interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Nothing much on Crusader. I still feel underwhelmed with the class.
    How so? Its probably the strongest solo class in the game atm and its top tier in groups. Its also the class that has the easiest gearing to break into torm 4. Probably also the class with most build diversity up to torm 4.