Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralk View Post
    Extremely happy to hear this. While I'm having a blast with full Marauder's Set/Cluster Arrow build, I much more enjoyed playing with a good Buriza's I had in the 60-65 range. Will be very happy when I get another one with good stats so that I can switch over my build to Cold Damage again rather than fire.
    Buriza + Devouring Arrow + Cirri + legendary gem + new Depth Diggers.

DA+ Cirri is already huge, but all this synergy altogether...wow.

- - - Updated - - -

New datamined info HERE - and a blue post about a buff to 2hand weapons which should open up new possibilites and build variety.

Basically, 2hand base weapon damage has been increased to compensate for the loss of a socket (which is basically the reason everyone but DHs run dual-wielding + procs and everything) by like 23-26%. To avoid Crusaders being OP, Heavenly Strenght now reduces damage dealt by 20%, but the difference is still a dps increase for them.

2h weapons have always been good for channeled skills and cooldowns, now they should be on part with dual wield (at least i hope, i'd really like to use my cold WW barb with a 2h ).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

So I got an SOJ, with 18% Fire Damage, a Socket, with 28% EtD. So I figured that, with the new patch coming up I will end up using the SOJ. ONCE, I get a gem.

I still want to use WW, but which gem should I use? Wreath or Poison Damage one?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J...6/hero/3479356

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

New datamined info HERE - and a blue post about a buff to 2hand weapons which should open up new possibilites and build variety.

Basically, 2hand base weapon damage has been increased to compensate for the loss of a socket (which is basically the reason everyone but DHs run dual-wielding + procs and everything) by like 23-26%. To avoid Crusaders being OP, Heavenly Strenght now reduces damage dealt by 20%, but the difference is still a dps increase for them.

2h weapons have always been good for channeled skills and cooldowns, now they should be on part with dual wield (at least i hope, i'd really like to use my cold WW barb with a 2h ).
    I'll believe it when I see it. They've tried "fixing" two-handed weapons before. And I'm willing to bet that, at least for monks, they won't be equivalent once these changes hit. Things that proc off hits, like life on hit, are always going to be more effective with dual-wielding.

Don't like the Exalted Soul change. Spirit regen is never enough that it's relevant, unless you focus 100% on it (as old Tempest Rush builds did), so you're just losing 50 spirit for nothing.

Fist of Thunder change, added to the previous ones, is basically going to make it the number one generator again, far above anything else. They can't balance these things for shit. Deadly Reach and Crippling Wave are never going to be good.

Crippling wave is still really good, arguably even better since it's more consistent now.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    As per latest blue posts, it's an item targeted to weapons only and it adds a socket on an unsocketed item. This means effectively that we're going to add an additional affix to our weapons.

How it's planned to work:
    - you can use it only on unsocketed weapons and ONLY ONCE
    - you can roll away an already present socket (if possible) and then add a socket to a weapon with it
    - you CANNOT roll away the socket created on a weapon through it

Basically, every weapon has a socket now plus 4 other primary affixes. HUGE.

Subject to change, PTR, blah blah blah you got the point.
    Do we know how frequently it will drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Do we know how frequently it will drop?
    Don't know, i dont play much on PTR apart for trying new abilities/build a little. I'm not even sure it's a random drop or there's a way to farm for it.

And here's some news.

New season-only legendaries: don't know much how to feel about them - as per DHs the bow is cool and has a great model, but there are stronger options. Maybe they're trying to make builds with generators more appealing.

New xmog armor: as far as we know you get them for reaching level 70 on a seasonal character. In addition, there are multiple banner rewards for seasonal objectives that are granted depending on the amount of points you get (and i don't exclude some will be tied to specific ones).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-07-22 at 09:36 PM.

seasonal legs seem ok but not good enough reason to switch to season only play. they need bigger weps/rewards/incentive I mean come on, making condemm cost 40 power? thats like 3 casts and ur done. Same with the HOTA hammer, summoning an ancient for 20 sec seems nice but they usually tend to be permanent with the IK set.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    seasonal legs seem ok but not good enough reason to switch to season only play. they need bigger weps/rewards/incentive I mean come on, making condemm cost 40 power? thats like 3 casts and ur done. Same with the HOTA hammer, summoning an ancient for 20 sec seems nice but they usually tend to be permanent with the IK set.
    Make that 20 wrath cause everyone and their mother runs 6set combined with huge wrath generation and you can spam condemn endlessly.

Well, 40 wrath means it become exactly like the current shotgun build, with condemn instead of the ray.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-07-22 at 09:36 PM.

the problem is that holy shotgun can hit 3x at once thanks to FotF. condemm will only hit once, and for slightly higher damage. might be fixable with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blade-of-prophecy triggering all enemies for one explosion. using unleashed for instant, or shattering for a bigger range of 20 yards. maybe it'll be great for aoe but im still not sold on its viability. the problem is a lot of these legs arent really gamebreaking like how d2 lod ladder only legendaries were, maybe blizz is trying to improve the balance but who knows, they should be buffed a lil.
    Last edited by announced; 2014-07-22 at 09:45 PM.

Well, i agree to a degree.

For sure more build diversity is never bad, there are a lot of things i want to try on my DH (blademaster build ftw - just a name i've come up because of the skills/concept behind) but i already know that if i want to tackle on higher toirments and higher GR levels, i have no other choice than running Mara6.

While it's strong and all, to me it just feels a too passive build - that's why i'm also trying to see if the Buriza/DA build with all the required items is at least viable, just because i don't like to drop turrets and run around while pets do the work. At least WDs spam a spell to summon more pets

Also is worth counting the spell mechanics - even if sustained damage is perfectly balanced and any spell combo will net the same result, high bursts wins over steady/constant damage. It's not a case that best performing builds are the ones that make such cooldowns more spammable/raise their uptime a lot. Always about Mara6, the strenght is all in having 2/4 pets that use CA hitting for a lot and making it a way more efficient spell in terms of cost/damage ratio.

Condemn build has a great aoe component, with BoP i'd go for the reducing CD rune until you have a comfortable CDR amount on gear. Thus, being Condemn an AoE ability single target viablilty is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    the problem is that holy shotgun can hit 3x at once thanks to FotF. condemm will only hit once, and for slightly higher damage. might be fixable with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blade-of-prophecy triggering all enemies for one explosion. using unleashed for instant, or shattering for a bigger range of 20 yards. maybe it'll be great for aoe but im still not sold on its viability. the problem is a lot of these legs arent really gamebreaking like how d2 lod ladder only legendaries were, maybe blizz is trying to improve the balance but who knows, they should be buffed a lil.
    I prefer condemn over shotgun in any given situation, shotgun without a monk is a pain in the ass to use.

Is there any eta on the patch? Or any1 got an educated guess as to when it will come?

my guess would be mid april or so, perhaps the 20th. mostly because its coming to console then too i think so it makes some sense.

Mid April? It's like July.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mid April? It's like July.
    mid april next year??:P probebly mid august.

haha i meant mid august, wrong month lol. anyway they should be fixing to do a final ptr soon and then just workout some of the bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, my wizard on live gets by on Torment 5 but does Torment 6 quite easily on the PTR. Lightning ftw.

About patch release: My guess is right after the gamescom. Something like this.

And I am thrilled about my wiz, haha.
    oh, honey.

I see people are already complaining about the life per resource spent change in the latest PTR patch, healing for 60-70K when using Battle Rage is apparently off the charts...who needs any sort of healing in higher level greater rifts where your health melts, nerf expected