Deleted

Building a new PC

So, first time building a computer coincides with first time posting in computer forum. Coolio.

With some assistance, I've managed to get myself a fairly good idea of what I want (See here) but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I'm mostly going for lastability and while I like shiny graphics, I don't mind having to play on lower settings in the future.

My budget is about what I have right now +maybe another 100$. I'm from Sweden though so some parts may be more or less expensive here or just not available. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2014-06-26 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Dunno how much that build costs in Sweden (pcpartpicker is showing weird costs atm) but as a build looks solid. The only thing i would change is the psu. 750W is too much for this. 550-650W from a quality psu is plenty. If you want to go for the higher end 650W and you can afford it, i would look at "Antec HCG-620M 620W", Corsair RM 650W, SeaSonic SSR-650RM, Rosewill hive 550-650 etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Dunno how much that build costs in Sweden (pcpartpicker is showing weird costs atm) but as a build looks solid. The only thing i would change is the psu. 750W is too much for this. 550-650W from a quality psu is plenty. If you want to go for the higher end 650W and you can afford it, i would look at "Antec HCG-620M 620W", Corsair RM 650W, SeaSonic SSR-650RM, Rosewill hive 550-650 etc
    Ah, I just overwrote the prices to SEK to make sure I had checked properly. I thought I reverted it though, gonna make a new link. I looked at the PSUs you suggested and they seem to be more expensive for less wattage, do they make up for that with efficiency or something?
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2014-06-26 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Ah, I just overwrote the prices to SEK to make sure I had checked properly. I thought I reverted it though, gonna make a new link. I looked at the PSUs you suggested and they seem to be more expensive for less wattage, do they make up for that with efficiency or something?
    Not exactly, but that's all the power that's really needed for a 3-year unit, becaus eit takes conversion degradation into account. The setup you're intending to build is only going to use at full gaming or CPU load, around 450W. Add in the 620 HCGM, for example, and even with a 10% annual degradation, that would last you plenty adequately outside of unusual circumstances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Not exactly, but that's all the power that's really needed for a 3-year unit, becaus eit takes conversion degradation into account. The setup you're intending to build is only going to use at full gaming or CPU load, around 450W. Add in the 620 HCGM, for example, and even with a 10% annual degradation, that would last you plenty adequately outside of unusual circumstances.
    Mmm, alright, sounds reasonable enough. I'll look at getting another PSU and order the parts. Thanks for the help, guys.