Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaehatiel View Post
    LGBT this LGBT that, jesus what the fuck is this world going towards? Minorities constantly whining and demanding stuff... I honestly don't give two shits about what gay, lesbian, trans, bi people do in their homes, but please don't shove any of your stuff right in my face in a damn game. A GAME.
    Where do I even start with this? Oi...
    "What's this world coming to, people who aren't exactly like me wanting things I have, JEEZ"

Quote Originally Posted by Khaeli View Post
    It's not social justice to include a lgbtqia character! It becomes social justice when there are laws and petitions included. It can't be that horrible to have just a couple characters be lgbtqia, honestly.
    Its lgbtqiape actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Because this is not a fucking social justice simulation. It's a fantasy world. It doesn't explore real world issues because those issues do not exist in the setting.
    Never heard of allegory?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post

Diversity in video games might be a good thing, yes?
    It's about appeasing the demographic. There's no hidden agenda by video game developers or publishers beyond making money. Most video game consumers in the western world are white and male. If you had a 45 year old lesbian black woman, who would you market that game towards? People like main characters they can relate to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    I find it scary how many young people these days argue and think mostly in terms of social engineering. Everyone must be changed and controlled, until they conform to what is "right".

Funny thing is, these same people usually argue strongly in favor of moral relativism; that right and wrong are subjective. Unless it's their own "truth", then it's obviously absolute.
    The social engineering in this situation is the conspicuous absence and defecit of nonstandard genders and sexualities in media. In the real world, perhaps up to 10% of the population falls under the LGBT umbrella, in media, it's far far lower. Why? Because the topic is a little taboo - less so than in the past, but still enough to get all the nerds in this thread uptight about the notion of queers invading their gamespace.

Expunging certain things from media because they're taboo is culturally led social engineering. Advocating less restricted, more representative depictions of diversity in media is the opposite. Normalising media to represent how things actually are isn't some bizarre liberal agenda to brainwash the world, it's repealing a bizarre conservative anxiety that distorts media to subscribe to it's repressed worldview.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Never heard of allegory?
    Are you just not even reading the post or what is happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Never heard of allegory?
    I keep thinking of that Robot Chicken skit With Aslan introducing himself as the "Jesus-Allegory Lion". Bit off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    We typically don't allow sexuality / gender identity threads here because the topic rarely stays constructive or civil.

Although it's less common to see those threads outside of General Off Topic, this thread is really no different. Closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |