searing totem i need help

I am relatively new to raiding with my Enh shaman (currently only do Raid finder due to my schedule) and I am having real trouble remembering to keep searing totem down so my damage with lava lash isn't garbage. does any one have a good way of keeping an eye on this little guy, is it as simple as a shaman specific addon?? Also does anyone else think this design choice is a little odd. I mean this is the only totem we need to have down 24/7 now.

I would love some general advice for enh shamans, I really don't want to be a baddie with low DPS even if it is just LFR

Edit: I've also noticed that not many people who raid run AS or EB as talents and usually run EM and UE. Why arent AS or EB good choices?
    Last edited by Goron24; 2014-06-26 at 02:43 PM.

There are any number of addons you could use. One of the popular ones for tracking things is WeakAuras. It allows you to make customized auras (notifications) when certain triggers are met--such as when a firetotem is not present.

But there are also addons like TotemTimers and probably TellMeWhen that are also usable.

I have a TellMeWhen Button that keep track of any one fire totem I have up, so it's easy to see if I am missing.

Also, You can use any free GCD to refresh it so it don't get near ending it's time.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Here is a weakaura that will display an icon to remind you to drop one of the fire totems when none are up and you're in elemental or enhancement spec:

Code:
    dKI)baGlQeZevfZLIy2I6MOQQBlYorP9c7MW(PcnmQK(nrdMkYWPQoifvhJQSqbwSGSCv8uPLrL65kMkLMmQmDsxg56cTrQO2mQQSDuLPrr57ubJevLgTk5ZO4KcQhRkNwPZRsDyv1FPWZOin8GfDrrhu3U4QlMHMq5q5GfvplddDGfvV9j0r)ACqJdzScE0zieGs8iHIALkLqf)enWcwpu(SmxQyfmo6uVwkZbfvLkLS3(ey9qxbp6mecqJcIhju0FuLOXHmIIvraACidvQuYE7tia9fhvMmUwocv3eXbf9IwMlfSM6gnl)CWIghY4L)ZGa0JmtWIMIzDHfku04qgJp9qi0XNEWIoRGjtG1dnfZ6cly9qayDJaOqrJdz8KPqFfbOV8FgyrNvWKj0YxZ5V5SqHIEiMvkS3(e6(Kc0FuLie6YH68EihDYkvkH6WYPxG1u3OIyYEwgg6mG1dLBh)8)o8tkqdlu6WV)Jmj8tkgtQpLZgoVhYO0)ScgRuPe6tkZCsheieuuEG1ZmpxHcaa
    To use, download weakauras2 from:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2

Then type /wa, select import, and ctrl-v to paste the aura.

Weak Auras or Tellmewhen is a nice addon for this. I usually have it play a certain sound when spells or stuff procs.

It's probably a better idea to use inverse logic on whatever addon you plan to use to track your totems.

Reason being; it's a lot more noticeable if you have a giant totem in the middle of your screen than if an icon is missing.

Since it may not always be optimal to drop Searing Totem instantly as it runs out, I'd set it to start showing a little before it runs out.

Also, as an Enhancement Shaman the addon Hekili shows when the best time to drop/refresh your totem. It's actually a very good priority helper addon.