Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Supreme Court Strikes Non-Recess Appointments

Today the Supreme court struck down the "recess appointments" That Obama tried to force through during a 3 day vacation for the Senate, claiming that they were in recess because the Senate wouldnt approve them. Surprisingly, even the liberal judges sided against him as this was a unanimous decision.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ts-108347.html

Maybe there is still some hope with the Supreme Court with this decision, as well as the other 2 decisions this week shooting down warrantless cell phone searches and abortion clinic protest buffer zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have an odd sense of accomplishment.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He usually does. This is just more of his bs rhetoric. Ignoring reality of the do-nothing GOP Senate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You have an odd sense of accomplishment.
    It's so that people drop their guard, to let Obama get SCOTUS to pass something worse. Keep your guard up Orlong! SCOTUS doing their job is a trick! That Obama!!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    The Democrats have already done away with the minority party's ability filibuster on appointments and nominees, so this ruling doesn't really change much going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He usually does. This is just more of his bs rhetoric. Ignoring reality of the do-nothing GOP Senate.
    Dan Snyder is leading the way to lift Obama's iron fist off the throats of American people! Now SCOTUS is following him! HTTR!

(Sarcasm... But, if anyone knows Alex Jones's people, I'm not above getting paid.)
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Meanwhile federal level courts in Utah told people waiting to block Marriage Equality to go fuck themselves, same in Indiana, Bergdahl has not needed a lawyer cause he's not being charged cause there is no need, even Fox is mocking Bachmann/Boner for trying to litigate Obama.. This is clearly just a smokescreen to get you to ignore the last 48 hours of freedom.

Also there is a hot oppertunity to create an anti drone IR defense grid for prisons. QUick someone jump on that.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

They were just doing whatever he wanted before?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    The Democrats have already done away with the minority party's ability filibuster on appointments and nominees, so this ruling doesn't really change much going forward.
    Precisely. Recess appointments were always sketchy, and used by both sides in the past, but they got the job done. The Senate holding up cabinet appointments is complete bullshit - they should be rubber stamping all but the most egregious nominees - from both sides (Dem and GOP).

Precisely. Recess appointments were always sketchy, and used by both sides in the past, but they got the job done. The Senate holding up cabinet appointments is complete bullshit - they should be rubber stamping all but the most egregious nominees - from both sides (Dem and GOP).
    Not when the executive just makes up new departments on a whim

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Not when the executive just makes up new departments on a whim
    You should read up on U.S. government. Congress makes the departments, not the executive branch. Good try, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which judge is getting a drone strike for this? RUN!

9-0 is hard to argue against. I'd rather another 20 years of Obama, than 1 month of Hilary the Cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post

9-0 is hard to argue against. I'd rather another 20 years of Obama, than 1 month of Hilary the Cunt.
    They're pretty much identical, though I suppose Obama is more pleasant to deal with and look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    They're pretty much identical, though I suppose Obama is more pleasant to deal with and look at.
    No way man, Hillary was pretty damn hot back in the day. So Is Michelle Obama, hot as a Texas summer afternoon. Daddy Likey. /rawr
    Last edited by Beazy; 2014-06-26 at 04:39 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Lol.

9-0 is hard to argue against.
    Very much so. A 9-0 ruling is pretty much a constitutional amendment (figuratively speaking, of course - don't anyone go crazy on me here).

I'd rather another 20 years of Obama, than 1 month of Hilary the Cunt.
    Hilary is going to be one of our best presidents. 8 years of her and then . . . who next. Maybe Jeb Bush - he's a pretty good guy. Incoming derail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    This was a fairly easy decision I think. The idea that the president could decide when the Senate was in recess was absurd. Still this only raises the stakes for the incoming midterm elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he put forth a good candidate for the position, the GOP Senators would vote to approve them like they have in the past

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Until the Democrats no longer control the Senate in about 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Hillary was pretty damn hot back in the day.
    I just threw up a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think if the President doesnt get his way, he should be free to just do what he wants anyway, instead of offering less extreme partisan people for the positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If he put forth a good candidate for the position, the GOP Senators would vote to approve them like they have in the past

Until the Democrats no longer control the Senate in about 6 months
    Remember when people thought Romney was a sure win?